CAP gets prominent mention during USAF summit on pilot crisis

Started by NIN, March 08, 2018, 01:51:40 PM

NIN

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

Johnny Yuma

They could solve this pretty easily if they  offered commissions and flight school openings to any interested enlisted E4-E6 with an Associate's degree on a competitive basis on the condition they complete a 4 year degree in 3 years. IIRC the Army has a similar commissioning program with ROTC and some of the military junior colleges. They could easily incorporate basic flight and officer training into the same class and kill 2 birds with one stone with minimum additional funding.
"And Saint Attila raised the Holy Hand Grenade up on high saying, "Oh Lord, Bless us this Holy Hand Grenade, and with it smash our enemies to tiny bits. And the Lord did grin, and the people did feast upon the lambs, and stoats, and orangutans, and breakfast cereals, and lima bean-"

" Skip a bit, brother."

"And then the Lord spake, saying: "First, shalt thou take out the holy pin. Then shalt thou count to three. No more, no less. "Three" shall be the number of the counting, and the number of the counting shall be three. "Four" shalt thou not count, and neither count thou two, execpting that thou then goest on to three. Five is RIGHT OUT. Once the number three, being the third number be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade to-wards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuffit. Amen."

Armaments Chapter One, verses nine through twenty-seven:

Briank

Flying as a career path is looking pretty risky these days with how quickly drone technology is advancing.  Not surprised people are shying away from it.

West MI-CAP-Ret

Quote from: Johnny Yuma on March 11, 2018, 04:31:23 AM
They could solve this pretty easily if they  offered commissions and flight school openings to any interested enlisted E4-E6 with an Associate's degree on a competitive basis on the condition they complete a 4 year degree in 3 years. IIRC the Army has a similar commissioning program with ROTC and some of the military junior colleges. They could easily incorporate basic flight and officer training into the same class and kill 2 birds with one stone with minimum additional funding.

Makes too much sense.  But they are letting enlisted folks pilot drones, wear funky wings and poopy suits just like real pilots.

Oh, that 'cute' little antidote about the hand grenade, worded like a biblical text at the bottom of the post?  At least you were not mocking or insulting something you've probably never read, etc. BTW, after 8 years in the active Navy, then several years as an active air-guard reservist in a fighter squadron, I've not been exactly accused of being 'sensitive' but I guess I can just ignore it, eh?
MAJ DAVID J. D'ARCY, CAP (Ret) 8 Apr 2018 (1974-1982, 1988-2018)
A former member of:
West Michigan Group MI-703,
Hudsonville Cadet Sqdron MI-135 (name changed to Park Township, Al Johnson Cadet Sqdrn)
Lakeshore Cadet Sqdrn MI-119
Van Dyke Cadet Sqdrn, MI-117
Phoenix Cadet Sqdrn MI-GLR-MI-065 (inactive)
Novi Sixgate Cadet Sqdrn (inactive), MI-068
Inkster Cherry Hill Cadet Sqdrn MI-GLR-MI-283 (inactive)

PHall

Quote from: DemonOps on March 11, 2018, 06:26:47 PM

Makes too much sense.  But they are letting enlisted folks pilot drones, wear funky wings and poopy suits just like real pilots.

Oh, that 'cute' little antidote about the hand grenade, worded like a biblical text at the bottom of the post?  At least you were not mocking or insulting something you've probably never read, etc. BTW, after 8 years in the active Navy, then several years as an active air-guard reservist in a fighter squadron, I've not been exactly accused of being 'sensitive' but I guess I can just ignore it, eh?

You do know that's from Monty Python's Search for the Holy Grail, right?

NIN

the word you were looking for is "anecdote."

And it was actually a "quote" from Monty Python and the Holy Grail: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOrgLj9lOwk

But thats ok. 

BACK ON TOPIC.
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

Johnny Yuma

When you hear of an 'antidote' for being a Monty Python fan give me a call,  M'Kay???

Sheesh...
"And Saint Attila raised the Holy Hand Grenade up on high saying, "Oh Lord, Bless us this Holy Hand Grenade, and with it smash our enemies to tiny bits. And the Lord did grin, and the people did feast upon the lambs, and stoats, and orangutans, and breakfast cereals, and lima bean-"

" Skip a bit, brother."

"And then the Lord spake, saying: "First, shalt thou take out the holy pin. Then shalt thou count to three. No more, no less. "Three" shall be the number of the counting, and the number of the counting shall be three. "Four" shalt thou not count, and neither count thou two, execpting that thou then goest on to three. Five is RIGHT OUT. Once the number three, being the third number be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade to-wards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuffit. Amen."

PHall

Mitchell 1969

Quote from: PHall on March 12, 2018, 12:27:33 AM
There is no antidote to being Pythonized. >:D

NOBODY expects an antidote to being Pythonized!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mitchell 1969; Earhart 1971; Eaker 1973. Cadet Flying Encampment, License, 1970. IACE New Zealand 1971; IACE Korea 1973.

CAP has been bery, bery good to me.

Johnny Yuma

I blow my nose in your general direction...

Your mother was a hamster and your father smelled of elderberries!

" Skip a bit, brother."

CAPLTC

This is translating into how much money?
I heard an additional $2.5 million?
"Find the enemy that wants to end this experiment (in American democracy) and kill every one of them until they're so sick of the killing that they leave us and our freedoms intact." -- SECDEF Mattis