Air Force Academy apologizes for 'microaggressions' ...

Started by OldGuy, February 18, 2018, 05:57:51 AM

Fester

Quote from: Cicero on February 19, 2018, 05:02:44 AM
Quote from: Fester on February 19, 2018, 12:19:58 AM
Quote from: Cicero on February 18, 2018, 11:38:05 PM
Quote from: Fester on February 18, 2018, 11:02:29 PMTo many, his letter stinks of racism.
Really? I read his letter, I saw NO racism. None.

Maybe you didn't.  But not everyone feels the same way as you do.

Personally, I do see some racism in it.  Referring to "gauty" gold chains and "pants sagging below their waistlines" while at the same time referring to a famous African-American athlete?  I don't think the claim that it seems to be racially motivated is a stretch.....

But we all have our opinions.  :)
Maybe you didn't.  But not everyone feels the same way as you do.

Indeed. But objectively there was no racism there. It is time for a reset in our military.

"Our soldiers, airmen, marines, and sailors don't need to be bothered with "sensitivity" training. They need to know how to take orders, operate their weapons, and win battles. They don't have time entertain the stupid notions invented by liberals who never served their country.- General Jim Mattis - Secretary of Defense"

Stupid liberal notions like diversity, equality, anti-sexual assault, etc...???  Stupid liberal notions like allowing African-Americans, women, gays, transgendered to serve side by side???
1stLt, CAP
Squadron CC
Group CPO
Eaker - 1996

Pace

I'm half asleep and don't have time to splice this and send PMs. Leave the politics off CAPTalk. It's a violation of the membership code of conduct, and it will result in suspension and banning with future occurrences.

We're all entitled to opinions and civil discourse. If you can't keep it civil, take it to PM or keep it to yourself.
Lt Col, CAP

Fester

Quote from: Pace on February 19, 2018, 05:16:47 AM
I'm half asleep and don't have time to splice this and send PMs. Leave the politics off CAPTalk. It's a violation of the membership code of conduct, and it will result in suspension and banning with future occurrences.

We're all entitled to opinions and civil discourse. If you can't keep it civil, take it to PM or keep it to yourself.

I think other than abdsp51's ridiculous personal insult, it's been a civil discourse.  So is a civil discourse about something that can't escape politics allowed here or not?
1stLt, CAP
Squadron CC
Group CPO
Eaker - 1996

Pace

You make an excellent point. This clearly cannot escape politics, and CAPTalk has almost never been known to handle sensitive topics well. On top of that, this post has absolutely no direct bearing on CAP as an organization.

*click*
Lt Col, CAP