Green Air Force Fleece Jacket nametapes?

Started by jfkspotting, October 16, 2017, 12:07:08 AM

jfkspotting

Can I just buy the regular navy nametapes from vanguard and apply the stick-on-velcro that can be cut to size? IF I order from Amazon, what's the best way of putting nametapes on?

Eclipse

Velcro for what?

Sorry - duh RTFM.

Yes, standard nametapes, but sew on the velcro.

"That Others May Zoom"

hamburgee

I wouldn't recommend stick-on velcro for anything. Over time, it degrades in quality and eventually just starts looking bad.

Abby.L

You could, but I'd recommend actually sewing them together eventually. And fold the corners of the nametags under(As you do on the ABU blouse) so that the ends don't fray.
Capt Abby R. Lockling
SSgt(Sep) USAF, 41ECS
Charlie flight, NBB 2013

MSG Mac

They sell the name tapes and other paraphernalia for the fleece with Velcro already attached. Items # 6401 and 6404
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member

hamburgee

The other problem is that you have to attach your rank to the fleece as well with the blank, blue velcro square that you buy from Vanguard. You might as well buy the whole set to make the shipping worth the cost.

MSG Mac

Vanguard sells all the required items Name Tape, Civil Air Patrol tape, and the SM Grade with Velcro backing
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member

TheSkyHornet

Quote from: MSG Mac on October 16, 2017, 07:18:34 PM
Vanguard sells all the required items Name Tape, Civil Air Patrol tape, and the SM Grade with Velcro backing

He's a cadet, not a senior member.

But that said, Vanguard sells the cadet insignia on velcro for the fleece.

Don't over complicate the process by trying to work around it. It's easier, and likely cheaper, to just order everything in bulk from Vanguard than to screw around trying to create a DIY project.