Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 18, 2017, 12:56:30 AM
Home Help Login Register
News:

CAP Talk  |  Operations  |  Aviation & Flying Activities  |  Topic: Oshkosh question
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Oshkosh question  (Read 400 times)
gcreager
Recruit

Unit: SWR-OK-074

« on: July 17, 2017, 09:31:05 PM »

I'll be at KOSH for the airshow most of the week, but not participating in the CAP work. Is there any reason to bring a uniform of any sort? This is my first EAA airshow since joining CAP, my second in 20 years, so this is really an informational question.
G. Creager 1st Lt CAP
Comms Officer SWR-OK-074
Pilot (PP-ASEL-IA)
N5JXS
Supercomputer geek
Ozzy
Seasoned Member

Unit: NY

NY-288 Squadron Website
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2017, 11:00:46 PM »

You would get a much better answer by emailing the people in charge of it... Due to it being a huge activity and a NCSA, the participant list is pretty much set in stone and certain training needs to get completed before being allowed to participate.
Ozyilmaz, TSgt, CAP
C/Lt. Colonel (Ret.)
SGT, ARNG (Out!)

NYWG Encampment 07, 08, 09, 10, (17)
CTWG Encampment 09, 11, 16
NER Cadet Leadership School 10
MSG Mac
Salty & Seasoned Contributor

Unit: MER-MD-071

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2017, 11:32:05 PM »

If you're not part of the  Blue Beret Activity and just there for the airshow,   Leave your uniform at home
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
A.Member

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2017, 12:01:39 AM »

I'll be at KOSH for the airshow most of the week, but not participating in the CAP work. Is there any reason to bring a uniform of any sort? This is my first EAA airshow since joining CAP, my second in 20 years, so this is really an informational question.
If you're not attending as part of an official CAP activity, then why would you bring your uniform?  The answer should be pretty self evident.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2017, 12:09:22 AM by A.Member » Logged
"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return." - Leonardo da Vinci
NIN
VIP

Unit: of issue

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2017, 06:07:31 PM »

Ask your commander.  He'll say "no".

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Darin Ninness, Lt Col, CAP
Sq Bubba, Wing Dude, National Guy
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2017 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.
FW

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2017, 08:32:30 PM »

The answer, as expressed by all, is NO!!!
That said, you can certainly wear a shirt or ball cap with a CAP logo from Vanguard to show your"re "CAP Proud"...
Pages: [1] Print 
CAP Talk  |  Operations  |  Aviation & Flying Activities  |  Topic: Oshkosh question