Vanguard selling new type of CAP Polo

Started by Ozzy, July 10, 2017, 07:35:20 PM

Jester

This may motivate me to finally buy a polo and medium gray britches.

hamburgee

Quote from: Spaceman3750 on August 02, 2017, 11:25:25 PM
Why would there need to be a reg update? It's a dark blue CAP polo.
Different fabric type is probably my guess. I don't know if polyester counts as "knit". But that's just for the really, really picky people.

arajca

Quote from: Spaceman3750 on August 02, 2017, 11:25:25 PM
Why would there need to be a reg update? It's a dark blue CAP polo.
No pocket.

zippity

39-1 doesn't say a pocket is required for men, only that the female version of the polo doesn't have one.

Quote5.2.2.1.1. Dark blue knit shirt (long/short sleeves) with embroidered CAP seal on
the right breast. An embroidered name (first and last name) in white thread, and one‐service badge,
aviation badge, occupational badge, specialty track badge or duty title on the left breast is optional. A
female version of this shirt is available without a pocket; females may wear either the male or the female
version.

Mustang

Can someone with one of the new shirts tell me how the name & badge are positioned/aligned, relative to the placket and/or CAP seal? 

Gracias.
"Amateurs train until they get it right; Professionals train until they cannot get it wrong. "

Fubar

Quote from: zippity on August 03, 2017, 02:28:23 PM39-1 doesn't say a pocket is required for men, only that the female version of the polo doesn't have one.

Well it says women can wear mens (pocket) or women (no pocket) versions of the shirt, while men have to wear the mens polo. The inference here is men wear a shirt with a pocket.

Not of fan of inferences in a regulation though and I certainly wouldn't hold anyone to it.

Spaceman3750

The screen printed polo doesn't have a pocket. Seems like a silly thing to sweat in the grand scheme.

hamburgee

Quote from: Spaceman3750 on August 08, 2017, 01:07:18 AM
The screen printed polo doesn't have a pocket. Seems like a silly thing to sweat in the grand scheme.
Seems silly that they authorized two different types of polo instead of one... But I don't know their reason behind that (if they even had one).

Eclipse

Quote from: hamburgee on August 08, 2017, 01:17:01 AM
Seems silly that they authorized two different types of polo instead of one... But I don't know their reason behind that (if they even had one).

There's now at least four (4), including the long sleeve version.

"That Others May Zoom"

stillamarine

I hate that for the embroidered version it puts the seal on the right side and the name on the left side. Yes I'm aware that's what is in 39-1 but with the dozen PD shirts I own it's opposite and just looks funny to me.
Tim Gardiner, 1st LT, CAP

USMC AD 1996-2001
USMCR    2001-2005  Admiral, Great State of Nebraska Navy  MS, MO, UDF
tim.gardiner@gmail.com

hamburgee

Quote from: CAPM 39-1 1.1.1.4."... Therefore, it is critical for members to maintain a high standard of dress and personal appearance. The five elements of this standard are neatness, cleanliness, safety, uniformity, and good organizational image."
39-1 seems to be contradicting itself by authorizing two completely different polo shirts... Honestly, I would phase out both of them to be replaced by the new polo. It looks a lot more professional, it won't fade as quickly, it seems to be a solid build, AND there's pen pockets AND mic clips. What's not to love about it?

Paul Creed III

Quote from: hamburgee on August 08, 2017, 02:05:46 PM
Quote from: CAPM 39-1 1.1.1.4."... Therefore, it is critical for members to maintain a high standard of dress and personal appearance. The five elements of this standard are neatness, cleanliness, safety, uniformity, and good organizational image."
39-1 seems to be contradicting itself by authorizing two completely different polo shirts... Honestly, I would phase out both of them to be replaced by the new polo. It looks a lot more professional, it won't fade as quickly, it seems to be a solid build, AND there's pen pockets AND mic clips. What's not to love about it?

Amen. The screen printed one just needs to go away - it is ugly and unprofessional looking in every manner.
Lt Col Paul Creed III, CAP
Group 3 Ohio Wing sUAS Program Manager

Alaric

What's not to love about it?

1)  Price

2) Color, it looks more black than blue

3)  No Pocket (yes I know many people don't like them I do)

Toad1168

They must be popular, mine is on backorder!   ::)
Toad

arajca

Quote from: Paul Creed III on August 08, 2017, 02:11:37 PM

Amen. The screen printed one just needs to go away - it is ugly and unprofessional looking in every manner.

[whine-mode] But it's cheeeaaap![/whine-mode]

>:D

PHall

Quote from: arajca on August 08, 2017, 10:44:01 PM
Quote from: Paul Creed III on August 08, 2017, 02:11:37 PM

[whine-mode] But it's cheeeaaap![/whine-mode]

>:D

That's my go to shirt for dirty work! I don't care if it get's trashed. But the bloody thing is indestructable!

ProdigalJim

I ordered mine on Sunday and it arrived tonight.

Alaric, the blue really is more blue "in person" than it is on the screen. It's a dark blue, for sure, but solidly and recognizably blue.

The missing pocket seems to be made up for with the pen pocket on the sleeve. I know some folks put more than pens in the shirt pocket, but there it is. I'm neutral.

The fabric is very nice and overall the shirt is professional-looking.

Mustang, the alignment is quite solid between the wings/name and the seal on the other side, roughly centered across an imaginary line drawn laterally from the center of the seal.

However...

While I get that each generation of Americans is successively larger than the last*, why does this "Men's Small" have short sleeves that touch my elbows? My only gripe is that I think you could lose two inches from the bottom of each sleeve and have a perfect shirt. Heck, in the fire service we used to roll our polo/golf shirt sleeves even higher.

(* - The average American male is one inch taller and 17.6% heavier today than he was in 1960, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. The average American woman is also one inch taller than she was in 1960, and 18.5% heavier. We are now the third-heaviest nation on Earth, with only Tonga and Micronesia beating us!)
Jim Mathews, Lt. Col., CAP
VAWG/XP
My Mitchell Has Four Digits...

Eclipse

Quote from: ProdigalJim on August 10, 2017, 12:16:42 AM
While I get that each generation of Americans is successively larger than the last*, why does this "Men's Small" have short sleeves that touch my elbows?

I have the same issue with the cheapy silk-screened one - sleeves actually could cover my elbows.

While it's new the elastic cuffs seem to hold them up OK, but my guess is that after a few washes they
will be saggy.

Of course with 2 in rotation now and getting the new one soon, "a few washes" is probably more then a year.

"That Others May Zoom"

Mustang

Quote from: ProdigalJim on August 10, 2017, 12:16:42 AMMustang, the alignment is quite solid between the wings/name and the seal on the other side, roughly centered across an imaginary line drawn laterally from the center of the seal.

Thank you.
"Amateurs train until they get it right; Professionals train until they cannot get it wrong. "