Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 24, 2017, 04:41:59 AM
Home Help Login Register
News:

CAP Talk  |  General Discussion  |  Uniforms & Awards  |  Topic: Cadet technician communications badge
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Cadet technician communications badge  (Read 430 times)
Arc light
Recruit

Unit: GLR-KY-050

« on: July 05, 2017, 06:09:11 PM »

When you complete the technician rating, does it show up in your 101 card or something. How will I know when I have been signed off on it? Thanks
Luis R. Ramos
Salty & Seasoned Contributor

« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2017, 06:35:45 PM »

You are mixing up two different issues.

The Technician Communications Badge is a senior member professional development award. The 101 card shows Emergency Services ratings. You can have both, just different requirements. Or you can have the Communications Badge without the 101. Or on the 101 qualify for Mission Radio Operator without the Communications Badge. I am not sure whether you need to be 18 years old to be Communications Unit Leader. I am too lazy now to open my 100 series publications. However you can find out by looking in the Emergency Services publication series, and in CAPR 100-1 and CAPR 100-3. And CAPP 214, the study guide to the PD communication awards.

When a cadet is awarded the CAP Communications Badge, he/she can wear until he becomes a senior. After that, to continue wearing it he/she has to complete the senior requirements.

The ES ratings shown on the 101 expire after three years unless renewed.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2017, 06:40:02 PM by Luis R. Ramos » Logged

Squadron Administrative Officer
Squadron Communication Officer
Squadron Emergency Services Officer
Eclipse
Too Much Free Time Award

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2017, 06:37:09 PM »

When you complete the technician rating, does it show up in your 101 card or something. How will I know when I have been signed off on it? Thanks

Your CC, or the SME working with you on completing the CAPP 214 Technician checklist, will sign it and place a copy in your file.

It does not show up in eServices for cadets.

Just FYI - Specialty Tracks do not appear on 101 cards, for senior members they appear in the "Specialty Tracks" area of
the "Training" tab in the member's eservices Personnel File (Member Search).

"Effort" does not equal "results".
The contents of this post are Copyright 2017 by eclipse. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

Arc light
Recruit

Unit: GLR-KY-050

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2017, 07:31:38 PM »

Thank you, that clarifies the situation.
SarDragon
Global Moderator

Unit: NAVAIRPAC

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2017, 07:36:52 PM »

You need to be 18 to be a CUL, because of the IS 300 requirement.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret
Pages: [1] Print 
CAP Talk  |  General Discussion  |  Uniforms & Awards  |  Topic: Cadet technician communications badge