Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 25, 2017, 02:52:27 PM
Home Help Login Register
News:

CAP Talk  |  General Discussion  |  The Lobby  |  Topic: Converting Squadron Patch to Clip Art / Cafepress for Storefront?
Pages: 1 [2]  All Print
Author Topic: Converting Squadron Patch to Clip Art / Cafepress for Storefront?  (Read 1994 times)
Mustang
Salty & Seasoned Contributor

« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2017, 10:51:44 PM »

Nope.  According to our LO, NHQ owns all CAP logos used in an official capacity, including unit logos.  Our LO is a trademark lawyer so I'm assuming he knows how to read a contract.
Correction: *Civil Air Patrol* owns the copyrights, not NHQ. NHQ is not Civil Air Patrol.

And unless and until Vanguard proves they are capable of reliably producing products that are not complete garbage, I would ignore your Wing legal officer and source unit patches elsewhere. I recommend Moritz Embroidery in Pennsylvania. Quality work and made in America (Vanguard outsources to Chinese manufacturers).

You have Vanguard make your stuff, you run the risk of crap like this:

And this (Solo Observer?):

« Last Edit: July 16, 2017, 11:00:19 PM by Mustang » Logged
"Amateurs train until they get it right; Professionals train until they cannot get it wrong. "

Mustang

« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2017, 11:02:51 PM »

In contrast, some third-party vendors produce very high quality work:

"Amateurs train until they get it right; Professionals train until they cannot get it wrong. "

Mustang

« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2017, 11:04:01 PM »

Back to the OP's question: scan your patch and post it here. I may be able to help.

Pages: 1 [2]  All Print 
CAP Talk  |  General Discussion  |  The Lobby  |  Topic: Converting Squadron Patch to Clip Art / Cafepress for Storefront?