eServices down 20 JUN 2017 1800-?

Started by Eclipse, June 20, 2017, 11:45:46 PM

Eclipse

Dear NHQ,

Tuesday is probably the highest utilization of eServices for meeting nights, it's down.

Just sayin'

"That Others May Zoom"

Jester

I actually need it too. I usually have my ducks in a row prior to meeting night but I had some last minute stuff pop up.

Spaceman3750

Was back up when I checked at the end of the meeting. We really need to do a better job of feeding the hamsters.

Майор Хаткевич

Must be server load...our signin sheet was a piece of paper...I print attendance sheets prior to meeting start...

Eclipse

Quote from: Майор Хаткевич on June 21, 2017, 03:28:07 PM
Must be server load...

Seriously - you can always tell when the second person logs in...

"That Others May Zoom"

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: Eclipse on June 21, 2017, 03:42:27 PM
Must be server load...

I wonder if there is a statistic pool on how many units meet on what night.

Eclipse

Quote from: Майор Хаткевич on June 21, 2017, 03:43:44 PM
Quote from: Eclipse on June 21, 2017, 03:42:27 PM
Must be server load...

I wonder if there is a statistic pool on how many units meet on what night.

The data exists in eServices, probably could be garnered with a few clicks, which means no one will ever know.

"That Others May Zoom"

SarDragon

Do a CAPWATCH download, find the right table, and sort on the proper column. Count them manually, or do a little SQL magic, and voila.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Huey Driver

Couldn't get into WMIRS either. Almost had to dust off a CAPF 99...
With malice toward none, with charity for all, with firmness in the right...

Devil Doc

People log into eServices during CAP Meetings? We don't unless we need WMIRS..... interesting.... and we meet on Thursday knights.
Captain Brandon P. Smith CAP
Former HM3, U.S NAVY
Too many Awards, Achievments and Qualifications to list.

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: Devil Doc on June 21, 2017, 07:36:34 PM
People log into eServices during CAP Meetings? We don't unless we need WMIRS..... interesting.... and we meet on Thursday knights.

Sign in sheets, sign offs, duty assignments, PD work, cadet promotion tracking/entry, etc, etc . There's plenty happening at meetings that needs work. Those few are just the ones I personally did last night.

Devil Doc

Ahh, we just do sign in sheets on a piece of paper, and for Safety, we sign a sheet, and the safety officer inputs them later at home. If we need sign offs for ES, we give them out CAP ID, cadets go home, enter out ID, and we approve it.
Captain Brandon P. Smith CAP
Former HM3, U.S NAVY
Too many Awards, Achievments and Qualifications to list.

Eclipse

Quote from: Майор Хаткевич on June 21, 2017, 07:40:04 PM
Sign in sheets, sign offs, duty assignments, PD work, cadet promotion tracking/entry, etc, etc . There's plenty happening at meetings that needs work. Those few are just the ones I personally did last night.

Quote from: Devil Doc on June 21, 2017, 07:47:37 PM
Ahh, we just do sign in sheets on a piece of paper, and for Safety, we sign a sheet, and the safety officer inputs them later at home. If we need sign offs for ES, we give them out CAP ID, cadets go home, enter out ID, and we approve it.

So you don't use the Attendance log? (which is still a two-step process I hate).
I generally print it out in advance because I add stuff to the free form area, but last night for PT they forgot to print the entry
report so they were relegated to scratch paper and didn't know who needed what.  I like to keep those entry sheets when I can
to dispel any questions later, SUI, etc.

As to the other, that's a lot of unnecessary duplication and "assumption a cadet remembers", etc., not to mention cadet online testing, entering PT scores, etc.

(Or in your case, entering / updating property, accepting issues, etc.)

Anything which can be clicked and forgotten is better then written and forgotten.

On any given meeting night we probably have at least 3-4 people signed into eServices, if not more.

"That Others May Zoom"