Is there a citizenship report in e-services?

Started by Holding Pattern, May 18, 2017, 04:09:59 AM

Holding Pattern

I thought this would be on the member record, but if it is, I am missing it. Is there a report in e-services that shows a person is or is not a US citizen?

Eclipse

Not to my knowledge.

Once the application is processed and BGC is done, it's really no one's business, unless it's needed
for an EYE-ACE trip or a BGC on a military base, etc.

"That Others May Zoom"

Spam

Good question. That would be useful for a few niche activities.

Not as of a couple of years ago, when last I looked in depth. I needed that info for a cadet activity for which the customer requested that access be restricted to US citizens, and I couldn't verify that we could positively assure that easily. Drivers licenses and state IDs don't cut it (especially since some states issue those to noncitizens and even illegals as well).

I've known dozens of great members over the years who are indistinguishable from citizen members. So its honor system really. I suppose you could send a roster to Susan at DP to run.

V/r
Spam

Майор Хаткевич

Lots of things would be useful....like cadet ages when on the new PT program.

GaryVC

I have discovered that cadet's month and year of birth are listed in the orientation flight report on eServices.

NC Hokie

Quote from: GaryVC on May 18, 2017, 03:10:04 PM
I have discovered that cadet's month and year of birth are listed in the orientation flight report on eServices.

Yeah, but you still need an actual birthdate (or age) to determine if a cadet with May 1999 listed on that report qualifies for an orientation flight today.
NC Hokie, Lt Col, CAP

Graduated Squadron Commander
All Around Good Guy

Eclipse

Member birthdates are available in the Personnel module.

"That Others May Zoom"

Holding Pattern

Quote from: Eclipse on May 18, 2017, 06:05:00 PM

And the more important question: Why is that an editable field?!

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: Mordecai on May 18, 2017, 06:58:16 PM

Doesn't appear editable on this end. Also, I have to look up each cadet one by one...which is a pain for PT scoring.

Holding Pattern

I looked myself up and the field was editable. I didn't try to edit it because I didn't want to trigger unfortunate things.

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: Mordecai on May 18, 2017, 08:49:10 PM
I looked myself up and the field was editable. I didn't try to edit it because I didn't want to trigger unfortunate things.

Checked that as well, and it does appear to be something I can change...hm...

68w20

Quote from: Майор Хаткевич on May 18, 2017, 08:43:36 PM

Doesn't appear editable on this end. Also, I have to look up each cadet one by one...which is a pain for PT scoring.

I'm probably missing something obvious, but why not use the CPFT Data Input Worksheet?  That has the Cadet's minimum required score for each event.

Spaceman3750

Quote from: 68w20 on May 19, 2017, 12:48:08 AM

I'm probably missing something obvious, but why not use the CPFT Data Input Worksheet?  That has the Cadet's minimum required score for each event.

Doesn't have the correct standards for PFT beta squadrons.

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: Spaceman3750 on May 19, 2017, 01:51:25 AM

Bingo.

lordmonar

That's why they call it a beta.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

Spaceman3750

Quote from: lordmonar on May 19, 2017, 03:22:31 PM

That's why they call it a beta.

He asked why not, I explained.

LATORRECA

Why we need to know citizenship. In my eyes every member serving CAP is a patriot citizen or not. Sure not those guys doing thing against the law or not volunteering to help something or someone. Plenty of people like that.

Sent from my HTC Desire 530 using Tapatalk

PHall

Quote from: LATORRECA on May 20, 2017, 09:44:22 PM
Why we need to know citizenship. In my eyes every member serving CAP is a patriot citizen or not. Sure not those guys doing thing against the law or not volunteering to help something or someone. Plenty of people like that.

Because some of the places we use or get tours of only allow US Citizens. They assume that a non-citizen is a security risk.
Stupid but true... ::)

LATORRECA

I know that comes down to the local sqdr cmdr to know his unit members. Not for a cdt or random Senior member to have access to it. Let's see.

Holding Pattern

Quote from: LATORRECA on May 20, 2017, 11:10:22 PM
I know that comes down to the local sqdr cmdr to know his unit members. Not for a cdt or random Senior member to have access to it. Let's see.

Well I am a deputy commander and a project officer needed to verify my citizenship and status on a call with my commander. My commander knows me, but doesn't KNOW my citizenship status off the top of her head. So I had to run around in circles figuring out where my birth certificate was so that my CO could in fact state with factual knowledge that yes, I am a US citizen.

Sidebar, I'm getting my passport and passport card so I never have this sort of runaround ever again, but it sure would be useful for commanders to have this report.