State patches on packs, duffels, etc

Started by MrsRoe, May 18, 2017, 03:14:51 AM

MrsRoe

I have searched the internet and this forum along with regs and haven't found a definitive answer on this yet. The closest was in regards to safety vests.

I was able to purchase several really excellent hiking backpacks, orange, sturdy, camel pak compatible. The issue is I know have cadets with exact bags. I would like to (question 1) put their name tapes on them and (question 2) some have asked if I can put their state patch on them also.

Any direction to regs or quotes would be greatly appreciated.

Just a new SM and mom of a CAP kid trying to figure it out one acronym at a time

Abby.L

I'd say to do whatever you want with them, within taste. No one should care, not would anyone have a regulatory reason to care as long as it's tasteful to whatever environment you're in.

I have a bunch of AF and CAP patches that I have on my backpack, which I carry around both to work and CAP meetings.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Capt Abby R. Lockling
SSgt(Sep) USAF, 41ECS
Charlie flight, NBB 2013

Eclipse

Something I have done for years. No issue.

I even moved the practice over to #1 & 2 son for Boy Scouts - day packs, duffles, and handbook covers all
have permanent nametapes in Green / Gold.

My civilian day pack has a name tape on it, too (White / black) - makes it easy to spot yours, and
less likely to get lost.

"That Others May Zoom"

MrsRoe

Thank you both for your quick and helpful replies! If I knew how to post a photo of the finished result, I would lol
Just a new SM and mom of a CAP kid trying to figure it out one acronym at a time

Pylon

Quote from: cadetloysmom on May 18, 2017, 04:46:48 AM
Thank you both for your quick and helpful replies! If I knew how to post a photo of the finished result, I would lol

If you upload the image to an image hosting website and you can add the URL by clicking the image insertion button when composing a new post (looks like a picture in a white frame — generally below the Bold button).

Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP