Question on Utilities

Started by Shieldel, May 15, 2017, 03:43:16 PM

Shieldel

Before I ask my question I'll admit I'm shooting this off without looking in 39-1, gonna pull it out after I hit send here

So for corporate utilities (BBDUS) are we allowed to wear USCG uniforms? I think I remember awhile back WIWAC somebody saying the CG uniforms were the "ideal" shade but I also remember looking at the old 39-1 out of curiosity and it didn't really specify a shade.

Asking because the local Military Surplus I think has CG uniforms (was down there last week) if I had to source my own, any recommendations?
Formerly 2d Lt Michael D. Scheidle
Formerly Jack Schofield Cadet Squadron
Member of PCR-NV070, 069, 802 throughout my CAP Career
Former CAP Member 2011-2018

Майор Хаткевич

They aren't the right design, and have a CG logo.

Shieldel

Quote from: Майор Хаткевич on May 15, 2017, 03:46:43 PM
I've never seen one myself - I just remember when I was down in the surplus last week they said they had some uniforms in back they were looking to get rid of so thanks for that info! That's obviously no good then. So what would one recommend then? 5.11? Propper? I just looked at the 39-1 all I can see for guidance is the Figure picture and that doesn't really specify shade or design (just looked through table 4-7, just says shade must match between trousers and blouse).

Spaceman3750

Quote from: Shieldel on May 15, 2017, 03:52:49 PM
I've never seen one myself - I just remember when I was down in the surplus last week they said they had some uniforms in back they were looking to get rid of so thanks for that info! That's obviously no good then. So what would one recommend then? 5.11? Propper? I just looked at the 39-1 all I can see for guidance is the Figure picture and that doesn't really specify shade or design (just looked through table 4-7, just says shade must match between trousers and blouse).

I highly recommend Propper dark navy. I prefer the ripstop blend.

Shieldel

Quote from: Spaceman3750 on May 15, 2017, 04:26:54 PM

Just was on propper's site. Not a bad price for Ripstop. Sold! lol. I'll order them next paycheck. It's the BDU COAT not the Long Sleeve BDU Shirt right? I think the shirt has two pockets only judging from the pics so it's not in regs.

Spaceman3750

Quote from: Shieldel on May 15, 2017, 04:51:42 PM
Quote from: Spaceman3750 on May 15, 2017, 04:26:54 PM

Just was on propper's site. Not a bad price for Ripstop. Sold! lol. I'll order them next paycheck. It's the BDU COAT not the Long Sleeve BDU Shirt right? I think the shirt has two pockets only judging from the pics so it's not in regs.

It looks like the last time I bought them (2013 - Gmail never forgets) I ordered the poly/cotton ripstop BDU coat.