Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 22, 2017, 05:11:59 AM
Home Help Login Register
News:

CAP Talk  |  Operations  |  Aviation & Flying Activities  |  Topic: Which Squadrons have C206, C185 and Ga-8 Airvans?
Pages: 1 [2]  All Print
Author Topic: Which Squadrons have C206, C185 and Ga-8 Airvans?  (Read 2434 times)
NIN
VIP

Unit: of issue

« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2017, 09:10:29 AM »

Did he do a lecture on crosswind? Or was he doing a lecture on hotwind?

The reason you see everybody with notebooks is because whenever the Dear Leader is at one of these things, he's issuing "spot guidance." In other words: the Dear Leader clearly is the *expert* in everything, so when he comes and tells you how to do something, you better write that down!

And don't be seen not writing every utterance of the Dear Leader down, lest you find yourself farming rice in a gulag on the Yalu, or worse.
Darin Ninness, Lt Col, CAP
Sq Bubba, Wing Dude, National Guy
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2017 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.
jeders
Salty & Seasoned Contributor

« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2017, 09:16:06 AM »

I'm not sure which would be more entertaining to hear, an actual translation of that video or a Mystery Science Theater 3000 style dubbing.

If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse
Spaceman3750

« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2017, 10:04:18 AM »

So I asked a coworker who speaks a little Korean to take a look at it. He said the gist is "everyone gathers around to witness supreme leader's first flight" but by his own admission he's pretty rusty. He might take a closer look at it tonight.
"Anyone can hold the helm when the seas are calm ... leadership is about weathering the storm."

The moment any commander or staff member considers themselves a gatekeeper, instead of a facilitator, they have failed at their job.
I can't fix all of CAP's problems, but I can lead from the bottom by building my squadron as a center of excellence to serve as an example of what every unit can be.
Eclipse
Too Much Free Time Award

« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2017, 11:08:07 AM »

You're the Dear Leader of the "greatest, most powerful nation on earth" and you cram yourself into a crowded, old Cessna?

If that were me I wouldn't be flying, or flying in, anything that didn't have meal service and a head.

He's perfect, so he can fly whatever he wants.

He should be in Air Force Un!

http://foxtrotalpha.jalopnik.com/see-inside-kim-jong-uns-remodeled-air-force-one-1685921910

"Effort" does not equal "results".
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2017 by eclipse. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

Spaceman3750

« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2017, 11:54:04 AM »

http://foxtrotalpha.jalopnik.com/see-inside-kim-jong-uns-remodeled-air-force-one-1685921910

Hey look, more pointing and notebooks. Maybe that really is a thing.
"Anyone can hold the helm when the seas are calm ... leadership is about weathering the storm."

The moment any commander or staff member considers themselves a gatekeeper, instead of a facilitator, they have failed at their job.
I can't fix all of CAP's problems, but I can lead from the bottom by building my squadron as a center of excellence to serve as an example of what every unit can be.
Майор Хаткевич
200,000th Post Author

Unit: GLR-IL-049

« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2017, 02:25:34 PM »

Hey look, more pointing and notebooks. Maybe that really is a thing.

It actually, truly is. He provides guidance on all things because he is all knowing SME.
SarDragon
Global Moderator

Unit: NAVAIRPAC

« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2017, 02:47:00 PM »

That's a 206, with four or five people in it. The climb after rotation was really slow. I was in a CAP 206 three weekends ago, with three people, and it climbed a whole lot faster.

Thats definitely not a 206.

You want to watch a 206 climb? [video deleted]

Then what is it? There are five people in it, and the windows look right. There seems to be a difference with the doors, but everything else looks right.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret
Phillip

« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2017, 03:41:53 PM »

It's definitely a 172.
Captain
Eclipse
Too Much Free Time Award

« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2017, 03:53:35 PM »

It's definitely a 172.

Great Leader only flies 173.

The contents of this post are Copyright © 2017 by eclipse. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

NIN
VIP

Unit: of issue

« Reply #29 on: May 10, 2017, 04:36:17 PM »

It's definitely a 172.

Great Leader only flies 173.

220, 221, whatever it takes.
Darin Ninness, Lt Col, CAP
Sq Bubba, Wing Dude, National Guy
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2017 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.
SarDragon
Global Moderator

« Reply #30 on: May 10, 2017, 04:37:59 PM »

It's definitely a 172.

Well, I checked out the windows again, and I'll buy 172. But it sure looks like there are three rows of people in that plane. And flies like it. So shoot me.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
C/WO, CAP, Ret
Luis R. Ramos

« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2017, 06:29:01 PM »

Aha!

One of my questions was answered!

But was Great Leader piloting it? When he started taxing, Great Leader was alone. Then they moved away, showed the two or three rows of people but did not show the pilot!

Squadron Administrative Officer
Squadron Communication Officer
Squadron Emergency Services Officer
Phillip

« Reply #32 on: May 10, 2017, 07:04:41 PM »

I think what's throwing a lot of people off is that the second row of seats have a high back to them and the people in them are leaning forward.
Captain
Luis R. Ramos

« Reply #33 on: May 10, 2017, 07:15:59 PM »

So they are leaning forward to help the plane fly? Did they raise their legs as well?

:clap:

Squadron Administrative Officer
Squadron Communication Officer
Squadron Emergency Services Officer
Phillip

« Reply #34 on: May 11, 2017, 11:53:27 AM »

Probably leaning forward to get into the brace position.
Captain
sar_one

Unit: Louisiana

« Reply #35 on: May 31, 2017, 03:06:31 PM »

For what its worth, I followed these instructions and didn't have the Matrix listed, so I submitted a trouble call saying the directions were not accurate, only to be told I didn't have access to the Matrix and Wing commanders need to approve. Not the easiest thing to explain to leadership why they should spend time approving me just to see where the planes are at...Oh well.

http://capnhq.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1805/~/location-and-type-of-cap-aircraft

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That doesn't work. I'm in the new eservices and maintenance module makes me select a wing and doesn't give types, instead just tail#'s.
Eclipse
Too Much Free Time Award

« Reply #36 on: May 31, 2017, 03:10:38 PM »

Not the easiest thing to explain to leadership why they should spend time approving me just to see where the planes are at...Oh well.

That's because it's information that neither you, nor the majority of the rank and file need.

Those that need it, get it as a matter of their position appointment.

Spam

Unit: GA-001/CV

« Reply #37 on: May 31, 2017, 09:48:40 PM »

That looked like an AN-2 in the background, right at the end.

... er, excuse please. That was the "Great Patriotic Seventh Gen Stealth Bomber", to be sure.

Cheers
Spam
SarDragon
Global Moderator

« Reply #38 on: June 01, 2017, 05:06:38 AM »

Are we done here?

Yeah, we're done.

Click...
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
C/WO, CAP, Ret
Pages: 1 [2]  All Print 
CAP Talk  |  Operations  |  Aviation & Flying Activities  |  Topic: Which Squadrons have C206, C185 and Ga-8 Airvans?