Main Menu

The Coverbag

Started by AlphaSigOU, May 06, 2017, 01:32:37 AM

AlphaSigOU

Not affiliated with them in any way except as a satisfied customer. www.thecoverbag.com

Great way to keep your service cap covered and free of dust and other schmutz... and an easier carry-on for that awkward service cap/combination cover.

Lt Col Charles E. (Chuck) Corway, CAP
Gill Robb Wilson Award (#2901 - 2011)
Amelia Earhart Award (#1257 - 1982) - C/Major (retired)
Billy Mitchell Award (#2375 - 1981)
Administrative/Personnel/Professional Development Officer
Nellis Composite Squadron (PCR-NV-069)
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

kwe1009

Very nice.  If you are just looking for something to keep your service cap clean and dust free at home or when you wear in it bad weather the I recommend a clear rain cover such as this one: https://www.marlowwhite.com/clear-rain-cap-cover?preselectOptions&gclid=Cj0KEQjw6LXIBRCUqIjXmdKBxZUBEiQA_f50Pq9AmmvQ0Kjv9JILFOCvmQzqI0vcpTuDz19xZEVBHUsaAk-F8P8HAQ .

We used these back in the stone age when I was part of the AF Honor Guard. 

PHall

And I make do with a trash can liner. Considering that I wear my service cap once a year (Memorial Day), it works for me.
Main thing is the cap is kept dust free and doesn't get crushed.

kwe1009

Honestly I haven't owned a service cap since I left the Honor Guard.  It is too cumbersome to deal with.  Much easier to just stick with the flight cap.

PHall

For some things like Memorial Day ceremonies and Funerals, the Service Cap works.
Day to day wear, are you kidding?

Luis R. Ramos

Kwe, about 15 years ago I had a service cap, bought a clear cover like you posted, and was prohibited from using it since it was not in the uniform regs...

>:D
Squadron Safety Officer
Squadron Communication Officer
Squadron Emergency Services Officer