Overseas Cadets - Japan/Sasebo Naval Base

Started by Spam, March 17, 2017, 08:07:01 PM

Spam

Konbunwa, teammates.

I have a cadet - USN dependent - whose family is preparing to PCS to Sasebo Naval Base, way down southwest by Nagasaki. I've not yet contacted NHQ/CP regarding an individual drill per the overseas page (which we've already viewed), as I'm seeking any current or prior experience of cadets living in this area, before I officially contact the directorate.

While its a hike to Tokyo, let alone Misawa, I'm hopeful that we can still retain this cadet and hook her in. All our other transfers have gone to the established units over there. Any ideas, either publicly or via PM?

どうもありがとう,
Spam

PHall

Spam

Yep, and a good one, too from the feedback I've gotten. However, Kadena is on Okinawa, a few hundred miles out in the Pacific from them, and she can't very well steal one of her dad's ships to get to meetings (grin).

Heh!
Spam

PHall

Quote from: Spam on March 18, 2017, 02:03:35 AM
Yep, and a good one, too from the feedback I've gotten. However, Kadena is on Okinawa, a few hundred miles out in the Pacific from them, and she can't very well steal one of her dad's ships to get to meetings (grin).

Heh!
Spam

Well, since Overseas CAP Units are restricted to Air Force installations....

SarDragon

That is correct.

Quote from: CAPR 35-4Charters will be limited to cadet squadrons on overseas US Air Force installations.

Also:
Minimum Membership. Minimum squadron membership is fifteen, three of whom must be senior members. Flights will not be chartered, but may be attached to an existing overseas squadron.

The Misawa unit struggled to meet this requirement the whole time I was in it.

And finally, there is this, emphasis mine:
Membership Restrictions. Membership in overseas squadrons will be restricted to those
individuals meeting the membership eligibility requirements of CAPR 39-2, Civil Air Patrol
Membership, and who are covered under the provisions of the Status of Forces Agreement (SOFA).
(Note: Cadets who are living overseas at a location that is not near an Air Force installation or are
not eligible for membership in overseas units, may be eligible to continue in the Cadet Program
through independent study. See CAPR 52-16, Cadet Program Management, for details.)

Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

MSG Mac

If I recall National instituted a program for cadets who are overseas without access to a CAP unit. You might want to contact Cadet Programs at NHQ or maybe Col Lee can provide the information before the weekend is past.
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member

Spam

Yep, as I say, I have read the web page. I was just looking for any additional gouge on cadets at other/outlying installations, and any suggestions thereto.

Thanks though
Spam

LATORRECA

I'm in a overseas flight yes you heard right, flight. We are an extension from the squadron up north.
  If they can find enough individuals to join at sasebo. Then you can have an extension from Kadena.
Stuttgart is a Army garrison station as a flight and we are attached to Ramstein AFB squadron.
  I hope it helps

Maj. Latorre
Top USMC

Sent from my HTC Desire 530 using Tapatalk

LATORRECA

Yokota Cadet Squadron is the closest to the Sasebo. Give them a call about your cadet. Possible open a flight as mentioned before

Sent from my HTC Desire 530 using Tapatalk