Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 21, 2017, 07:57:17 AM
Home Help Login Register
News:

CAP Talk  |  Operations  |  Emergency Services & Operations  |  Topic: Maps for Ground Team Work?
Pages: 1 [2]  All Print
Author Topic: Maps for Ground Team Work?  (Read 1095 times)
Luis R. Ramos
Salty & Seasoned Contributor

« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2017, 08:55:15 PM »

Granted, the standard is USNG. Please reread the question. It was not whether the standard is USNG!

The question is whether you carry equipment to read it in the field. If so what?

Do you leave the equipment at the mission base?

Even though we find that there is a hodgepoge of different products!

Squadron Administrative Officer
Squadron Communication Officer
Squadron Emergency Services Officer
Spaceman3750
Salty & Seasoned Contributor

« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2017, 09:00:25 PM »

Granted, the standard is USNG. Please reread the question. It was not whether the standard is USNG!

The question is whether you carry equipment to read it in the field. If so what?

Do you leave the equipment at the mission base?

Even though we find that there is a hodgepoge of different products!

I do not carry a gridder. If I need to use UTM/USNG/MGRS I can eyeball it or make one on the fly (if more accuracy is needed).
The moment any commander or staff member considers themselves a gatekeeper, instead of a facilitator, they have failed at their job.
I can't fix all of CAP's problems, but I can lead from the bottom by building my squadron as a center of excellence to serve as an example of what every unit can be.
Pages: 1 [2]  All Print 
CAP Talk  |  Operations  |  Emergency Services & Operations  |  Topic: Maps for Ground Team Work?