Flight Release Officer Training

Started by KarolOpelski, February 14, 2017, 10:52:36 PM

jeders

Quote from: KarolOpelski on February 15, 2017, 05:46:00 AM
Quote from: Eclipse on February 15, 2017, 04:05:26 AM
Quote from: KarolOpelski on February 15, 2017, 03:41:09 AMbut the person that contacted me about this said he was very resistant to talking about it.

Maybe because it's none of your (or the other person's) concern?

If members in the chain are concerned, they will have access to this cadet's SQTR, can see who approved FRO, and if they
have standing, ask how that was completed.

Precisely why I came here--that specific qual is none of my concern, but I want to replicate it with some of my cadets.

Then you should really be talking to the Ops personnel in your wing to make sure that they even want to allow it.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

Shieldel

I have no reg to stand on (I learned my lesson yesterday I think it was) however I personally don't see the point in a cadet doing FRO training to begin with. At minimum if memory serves, you need FRO for AOBD at the minimum/soonest. AOBD is restricted to 21+, therefore Seniors Only, which I think is where this whole "FRO is Senior only" thing is coming from

EDIT FOR CLARIFICATION: Reviewed the SQTR. Actually there is no Age Requirement in the AOBD SQTR. Only need to be an MO or MP. So theoretically an 18+ "Senior Cadet" (18-21 cadets) as an aircrew member COULD do FRO. But it's up to your local command to approve or disapprove I'd say. As the FRO SQTR is literally one task "Just complete the training" it's up to your home command to decide if they'll let you or not
Formerly 2d Lt Michael D. Scheidle
Formerly Jack Schofield Cadet Squadron
Member of PCR-NV070, 069, 802 throughout my CAP Career
Former CAP Member 2011-2018

KarolOpelski

Quote from: jeders on February 15, 2017, 05:38:34 PM
Quote from: KarolOpelski on February 15, 2017, 05:46:00 AM
Quote from: Eclipse on February 15, 2017, 04:05:26 AM
Quote from: KarolOpelski on February 15, 2017, 03:41:09 AMbut the person that contacted me about this said he was very resistant to talking about it.

Maybe because it's none of your (or the other person's) concern?

If members in the chain are concerned, they will have access to this cadet's SQTR, can see who approved FRO, and if they
have standing, ask how that was completed.

Precisely why I came here--that specific qual is none of my concern, but I want to replicate it with some of my cadets.

Then you should really be talking to the Ops personnel in your wing to make sure that they even want to allow it.

Ops personnel said they didn't care, but that they didn't know about the membership restriction in LMS. In other words, they really weren't helpful.

I tend to agree with Eclipse here. I'm probably just going to have to go to NHQ to resolve this.

KarolOpelski

Quote from: Shieldel on February 15, 2017, 07:19:29 PM
I have no reg to stand on (I learned my lesson yesterday I think it was) however I personally don't see the point in a cadet doing FRO training to begin with. At minimum if memory serves, you need FRO for AOBD at the minimum/soonest. AOBD is restricted to 21+, therefore Seniors Only, which I think is where this whole "FRO is Senior only" thing is coming from

EDIT FOR CLARIFICATION: Reviewed the SQTR. Actually there is no Age Requirement in the AOBD SQTR. Only need to be an MO or MP. So theoretically an 18+ "Senior Cadet" (18-21 cadets) as an aircrew member COULD do FRO. But it's up to your local command to approve or disapprove I'd say. As the FRO SQTR is literally one task "Just complete the training" it's up to your home command to decide if they'll let you or not

That would make sense, and I would have to problems with that. However, FRO training isn't in person: it's on LMS.

Basically, eServices made its own little rule that cadets can't do it. The same way Vanguard can make a rule about uniforms without anything in the regs to back it up (and look how we roast Vanguard for it).

Also, you can get PSC without AOBD, so while you are correct in saying that AOBD is the lowest qual with an FRO training requirement, it isn't technically the "soonest" one would ever need it.