From PA looking for Aircrew training

Started by chaser430, November 10, 2016, 08:55:37 PM

chaser430

Good Afternoon:
I am a senior member looking for any squadrons or groups doing Aircrew Training. I would even be willing to go to an adjacent state like NY, NJ or DE.

Does anyone know of any going on and who to contact?

PS- I did try to reach out to group and wing without any answer.

Live2Learn

Consider NESA. http://nesa.cap.gov/  Air Crew Training at NESA (located in beautiful Camp Atturbury) is OK, plus you get exposure to ideas from several Wings.  You might also contact your State Aeronautics agency to see if they do specialized aircrew training.  Some do.  For example, Washington State has a very good air crew curriculum.

Luis R. Ramos

Also Long Island Group, NY Wing will have aircrew training, classes only. LIG NYWG is in MacArthur Airport, Islip. This class does not include the flying part. I reproduce the message I received, in part:

ALCON:
There will be Mission Air Crew training courses on LIG Saturday 12 November in preparation for the TRAEX on Sunday 13 November...

0900-1200 – Mission Pilots and Observers (qualified and trainees)
1300-1600 – Mission Scanners (qualified and trainees)

Attendees Must:
1) Read and bring a copy of the respective information  and reference texts for your position (Attached and listed below).
2) Pilots: Bring respective Aircraft Kneeboards and MP/MO reference Texts
3) Scanners: Bring Mission Scanner Reference Text...

Reference Texts for MP, MO and MS

[Edited after posting to add contact info]

Lt.Col. Robert I. Aceves, CAP

Standardization and Evaluation
NYW Long Island Group (NER-NY-251)

Cell/Text: 631.99.2753
U.S. Air Force Auxiliary
RAceves@York.CUNY.edu
Squadron Safety Officer
Squadron Communication Officer
Squadron Emergency Services Officer

Paul Creed III

Quote from: chaser430 on November 10, 2016, 08:55:37 PM
Good Afternoon:
I am a senior member looking for any squadrons or groups doing Aircrew Training. I would even be willing to go to an adjacent state like NY, NJ or DE.

Does anyone know of any going on and who to contact?

PS- I did try to reach out to group and wing without any answer.

Can I assume correctly then that you are on the eastern side of PAWG?
Lt Col Paul Creed III, CAP
Group 3 Ohio Wing sUAS Program Manager

MacGruff

Have you spoken with the leadership of your squadron? There are several possibilities within the Wing that you should probably start chasing...

I suggest you ask your Squadron Commander as well as the Emergency Services Officer on how to go about this. If they do not know, there is a VERY ACTIVE Operations Directorate at Wing level that is always looking for additional Air Crew and they can advise you on how to proceed.

There may also be people at your Group level - but I do not know the structure in your part of the world...

Good luck!!

jeders

Quote from: MacGruff on November 11, 2016, 02:25:19 AM
I suggest you ask your Squadron Commander as well as the Emergency Services Officer on how to go about this.

I believe that he IS the ESO.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

Ozzy

Quote from: Luis R. Ramos on November 10, 2016, 10:53:44 PM
Also Long Island Group, NY Wing will have aircrew training, classes only. LIG NYWG is in MacArthur Airport, Islip. This class does not include the flying part. I reproduce the message I received, in part:

ALCON:
There will be Mission Air Crew training courses on LIG Saturday 12 November in preparation for the TRAEX on Sunday 13 November...

0900-1200 – Mission Pilots and Observers (qualified and trainees)
1300-1600 – Mission Scanners (qualified and trainees)

Attendees Must:
1) Read and bring a copy of the respective information  and reference texts for your position (Attached and listed below).
2) Pilots: Bring respective Aircraft Kneeboards and MP/MO reference Texts
3) Scanners: Bring Mission Scanner Reference Text...

Reference Texts for MP, MO and MS

[Edited after posting to add contact info]

Lt.Col. Robert I. Aceves, CAP

Standardization and Evaluation
NYW Long Island Group (NER-NY-251)

Cell/Text: 631.99.2753
U.S. Air Force Auxiliary
RAceves@York.CUNY.edu

That would have been nice if that was put out to the units...
Ozyilmaz, MSgt, CAP
C/Lt. Colonel (Ret.)
NYWG Encampment 07, 08, 09, 10, 17
CTWG Encampment 09, 11, 16
NER Cadet Leadership School 10
GAWG Encampment 18, 19
FLWG Winter Encampment 19

Luis R. Ramos

You have a command structure. Others call it Chain of Command.

Your Group ES sends it to your squadron CC and squadron DSO.

Either your squadron DSO or your squadron CC sends it to your squadron.

How come my Group DSO knows about it? Because LIG DSO sent it to my Group DSO. My Group DSO sent it to my squadron CC. We sent it to my squadron.

So, ask why your squadron DSO and your squadron CC never sent it to you.
Squadron Safety Officer

etodd

Quote from: Luis R. Ramos on November 12, 2016, 06:32:32 PM
You have a command structure. Others call it Chain of Command.

Your Group ES sends it to your squadron CC and squadron DSO.

Either your squadron DSO or your squadron CC sends it to your squadron.

How come my Group DSO knows about it? Because LIG DSO sent it to my Group DSO. My Group DSO sent it to my squadron CC. We sent it to my squadron.

So, ask why your squadron DSO and your squadron CC never sent it to you.

That process can take an hour or could take weeks.

Online calendars can be a great thing. The person who plans the event could enter it online the same day and 'everyone' could start seeing details as they area developed.

Being able to "save the date" is a great thing that really helps with attendance. We've had this discussion before, where folks including me, have missed out on events due to late notifications. Its one thing to get called at 3am for an urgent mission. There is no excuse for short notice of a SAREX.

"Don't try to explain it, just bow your head
Breathe in, breathe out, move on ..."

Luis R. Ramos

What surprises me is that the squadron of the member in question is part of LIG Group. I checked LIG calendar, and it was not listed there.

Although I posted that notice about two or three days before the activity, there has been another Mission Aircrew School in New York. This time in Westchester County, or Southeastern Group. This has been rescheduled because... I do not want to guess / speculate as to why. Initially scheduled for the end of October.

Mission Aircrew School –  on 19-20 Nov, the SEG Mission Aircrew School has been rescheduled.  This course is open to both officers and cadets over 18, and there is no charge.  Students must participate both days, and will complete all non-flying requirements for MS, MO and MP qualifications.  It is also open to those who need a re-qual. 

To register, please contact Lt Col Joe Wooley at coljwooley@aol.com with your name, address and phone number.

I will also send PM to Ozzy.
Squadron Safety Officer