Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 20, 2017, 05:02:20 PM
Home Help Login Register
News:

CAP Talk  |  General Discussion  |  The Lobby  |  Topic: CAP receipient of the Air Force Organizational Excellence Award.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] Print
Author Topic: CAP receipient of the Air Force Organizational Excellence Award.  (Read 21483 times)
Toad1168
Forum Regular

Unit: NCR-MO-110

« Reply #180 on: October 07, 2016, 01:56:39 PM »

The thing that really bugs me about all this, and its not from the Air Force.  It's the fact that for YEARS, we- particularly here on CapTalk- have been whining and raging about being more and more distant from the Air Force, and then we become part of the Total Force.  People still complained that it was just a publicity stunt or that it was a gesture without meaning.  Suddenly, the Air Force goes and proves that they meant more than just words, then suddenly- they can't do that, we couldn't accept it if we wanted to.  It seems to me- for the most part, that those arguing the hardest against us for receiving this award are those that are current/former Air Force (not exclusive on either side.)

Can't we just be glad that the Air Force is actively trying to improve the relationship with us.  Why can't you be happy that they are working really hard to make things right.  If you haven't noticed the Air Force, and the Military in general, have been going through some bad PR at the moment, and they are still taking time and effort when they could ignore us for now until they get themselves straightened out.

Sure, things could be better at the local level, but things take time, and mutual respect on both sides of the house.  For those of you with the issues with this award- other than those concerned with details of how worn- check your ego and re-evaluate why you are so worked up about this.  If you think we as CAP don't rate this award- suck it- the SECAF says we do.

I, for one, am grateful to the Us Air Force for this.  Thank you.

+10   :clap:
Mike Toedebusch
Spaatz Award 1168 - 1 June 1993
Chappie
Salty & Seasoned Contributor

« Reply #181 on: October 07, 2016, 06:59:14 PM »

RogueLeader......"nailed it"  :clap:
Disclaimer:  Not to be confused with the other user that goes by "Chappy"   :)
Luis R. Ramos

« Reply #182 on: October 07, 2016, 09:11:16 PM »

Rogue,

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Squadron Administrative Officer
Squadron Communication Officer
Squadron Emergency Services Officer
shuman14

Unit: NHQ-996

« Reply #183 on: October 10, 2016, 11:19:25 AM »

Rogue Leader,

Very well put Sir!  :clap:
Joseph J. Clune
Major, Military Police

USMCR: 1990 - 1992                           USAR: 1993 -1998, 2000 - Present     CAP (National Patron) 2013 - Present
INARNG: 1992 - 1993, 1998 - 2000       USCGAux: 2004 - Present
ColonelJack

Unit: SER-GA-153

« Reply #184 on: October 11, 2016, 06:55:03 AM »

The thing that really bugs me about all this, and its not from the Air Force.  It's the fact that for YEARS, we- particularly here on CapTalk- have been whining and raging about being more and more distant from the Air Force, and then we become part of the Total Force.  People still complained that it was just a publicity stunt or that it was a gesture without meaning.  Suddenly, the Air Force goes and proves that they meant more than just words, then suddenly- they can't do that, we couldn't accept it if we wanted to.  It seems to me- for the most part, that those arguing the hardest against us for receiving this award are those that are current/former Air Force (not exclusive on either side.)

Can't we just be glad that the Air Force is actively trying to improve the relationship with us.  Why can't you be happy that they are working really hard to make things right.  If you haven't noticed the Air Force, and the Military in general, have been going through some bad PR at the moment, and they are still taking time and effort when they could ignore us for now until they get themselves straightened out.

Sure, things could be better at the local level, but things take time, and mutual respect on both sides of the house.  For those of you with the issues with this award- other than those concerned with details of how worn- check your ego and re-evaluate why you are so worked up about this.  If you think we as CAP don't rate this award- suck it- the SECAF says we do.

And here, my friends, is the quintessential "mic drop."

Well said, Rogue Leader.  We should all take this to heart.

Jack
Lt. Col. Jack Bagley, Civil Air Patrol
Gill Robb Wilson Award No. 1366, 29 Nov 1991
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
Pylon
Administrator

Unit: NER-NH-038

Michael Kieloch, Marketing Communications & PR Leadership
« Reply #185 on: October 11, 2016, 10:10:12 AM »

Everything RogueLeader said is basically all that needs to be said at this juncture.

Thank you to the U.S. Air Force and SECAF for recognizing the contributions of Civil Air Patrol members in such a public, formal, and meaningful way.

This recognition goes a long way to show that the Air Force truly does have high regard for the members of our organization and their contributions to ours and the Air Force's missions.

Additionally, all CAP members should be very proud (ribbon or no ribbon) that the Air Force has recognized us in this way. The ribbon is immaterial to the weight of the compliment we've been given by our "parent service." Let's be proud and grateful for this; not ungrateful and argumentative.
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP
Concord Composite Squadron, NH       
Brit_in_CAP
Seasoned Member

Unit: MER-VA-002

« Reply #186 on: October 12, 2016, 10:06:32 AM »

Everything RogueLeader said is basically all that needs to be said at this juncture.

Thank you to the U.S. Air Force and SECAF for recognizing the contributions of Civil Air Patrol members in such a public, formal, and meaningful way.

This recognition goes a long way to show that the Air Force truly does have high regard for the members of our organization and their contributions to ours and the Air Force's missions.

Additionally, all CAP members should be very proud (ribbon or no ribbon) that the Air Force has recognized us in this way. The ribbon is immaterial to the weight of the compliment we've been given by our "parent service." Let's be proud and grateful for this; not ungrateful and argumentative.

:clap: :clap:
Well said.
Moving on....
Devil Doc

Unit: MER-NC-162

« Reply #187 on: October 28, 2016, 01:54:26 PM »

So... How are you Lovely Cranky people doing? This is cool that the AF awarded this to us... and I am sure we will get a "memo" on you know... stuff.
Captain Brandon P. Smith CAP
Former HM3, U.S NAVY
Too many Awards, Achievments and Qualifications to list.

RogueLeader

Unit: Of measure

« Reply #188 on: October 28, 2016, 04:30:01 PM »

So... How are you Lovely Cranky people doing? This is cool that the AF awarded this to us... and I am sure we will get a "memo" on you know... stuff.

I'm doing fine, particularly after that semi-coherent rant that spilled out faster then my brain could fix, which is faster than what came pouring out (figuratively speaking) of my fingers.  I've never really told anybody to ever "suck it" in such plain language.  Typically not my style.  I have to admit that it did resonate with quite a few members, although it probably stung a few members here on this board that I usually agree with.

In any event, I still hold those members that may/may not care for my opinion on this matter in high regard.
<redacted>

GRW 3340
Devil Doc

« Reply #189 on: November 02, 2016, 01:01:26 PM »

I'm doing fine, particularly after that semi-coherent rant that spilled out faster then my brain could fix, which is faster than what came pouring out (figuratively speaking) of my fingers.  I've never really told anybody to ever "suck it" in such plain language.  Typically not my style.  I have to admit that it did resonate with quite a few members, although it probably stung a few members here on this board that I usually agree with.

In any event, I still hold those members that may/may not care for my opinion on this matter in high regard.

Toates
Former HM3, U.S NAVY

SAR-EMT1

Unit: GLR-IL-328

« Reply #190 on: May 01, 2017, 11:16:21 PM »

Bump. . . Has there been any further word on this ?
C. A. Edgar
AUX USCG Flotilla 8-8
Former CC / GLR-IL-328
Firefighter, Paramedic, Grad Student
AlphaSigOU

Unit: PCR-NV-069

The Kwaj Drafter!
« Reply #191 on: May 02, 2017, 10:36:07 AM »

Don't hold yer breath...

Lt Col Charles E. (Chuck) Corway, CAP
Gill Robb Wilson Award (#2901 - 2011)
Amelia Earhart Award (#1257 - 1982) - C/Major (retired)
Billy Mitchell Award (#2375 - 1981)
Administrative/Personnel/Professional Development Officer
Nellis Composite Squadron (PCR-NV-069)
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040
kwe1009

« Reply #192 on: May 02, 2017, 11:13:16 AM »

If/when the Air Force makes a decision, it will be well publicized I'm sure.  With that said, I highly doubt a decision will come any time soon.  This is not even up to a back burner issue for the Air Force yet.
Chappie

« Reply #193 on: May 02, 2017, 11:27:47 AM »

The streamer looks good on the organizational flagpole.
Disclaimer:  Not to be confused with the other user that goes by "Chappy"   :)
MHC5096
Forum Regular

Unit: NY-388

« Reply #194 on: May 02, 2017, 12:06:30 PM »

I'd like to see a copy of the actual citation.
M. H. Crary, Lieutenant Colonel, CAP

CAP - Lt Col (1983-Present) | USNR - QM2 (1989-1995) | VTANG - MSgt (1995-2009) | USAFR - MSgt (2009-2011) | CGAUX - BA/ADSO/FSO (2011-Present)
Devil Doc

« Reply #195 on: June 20, 2017, 02:11:14 PM »

Bringing this thread back from the Dead......
Former HM3, U.S NAVY

Майор Хаткевич
200,000th Post Author

Unit: GLR-IL-049

« Reply #196 on: June 20, 2017, 02:12:29 PM »

Don't hold yer breath...
Mordecai

Unit: SI

« Reply #197 on: June 20, 2017, 03:34:23 PM »

Search this forum for the original questions about when we would get ABUs. Forward to when we got ABUs. Consider that the appropriate timeline for an answer.
SarDragon
Global Moderator

Unit: NAVAIRPAC

« Reply #198 on: June 20, 2017, 03:58:13 PM »

And I think we'll just shut this for the moment. If someone gets a useful update, report this post, and we'll open it back up.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] Print 
CAP Talk  |  General Discussion  |  The Lobby  |  Topic: CAP receipient of the Air Force Organizational Excellence Award.