Become Instructor/Check Pilot Checklist

Started by CAWGIT, August 07, 2016, 10:40:37 PM

CAWGIT

Instead of reinventing the wheel, has anyone put together a checklist that will show folks the proper path to take to get their instructor pilot and check pilot?  I would like permission from whomever submits it to use it in California Wing.  Any help would be appreciated.

Check Pilot/Tow Pilot

Quote from: CAWGIT on August 07, 2016, 10:40:37 PM
Instead of reinventing the wheel, has anyone put together a checklist that will show folks the proper path to take to get their instructor pilot and check pilot?  I would like permission from whomever submits it to use it in California Wing.  Any help would be appreciated.
Steve, speak to your Group DOV or the Wing DOV for information. I don't know of any document. For Instructor Pilot you take a Form 5 for an instructor endorsement and be appointed an IP in eServices Ops Quals.  If you want to instruct in the G1000, you need the G1000 ground school for Instructors.

etodd

"Don't try to explain it, just bow your head
Breathe in, breathe out, move on ..."

Flying Pig

Now that Im in FL, I wont be rejoining CAP until our planes come with AC.  I would take a 110 deg day over Imperial, CA any day over a 90 degree day in FL.   :'(

Luis R. Ramos

Oh, all our planes come with AC.

Air Conditioning to opening the windows!

;)

Squadron Safety Officer
Squadron Communication Officer
Squadron Emergency Services Officer

Flying Pig

Check Pilot/Tow Pilot

Quote from: Flying Pig on August 08, 2016, 11:37:58 AM
Now that Im in FL, I wont be rejoining CAP until our planes come with AC.  I would take a 110 deg day over Imperial, CA any day over a 90 degree day in FL.   :'(
Agreed, It's a dry heat is way better!!

LSThiker

Quote from: Luis R. Ramos on August 08, 2016, 12:56:17 PM
Oh, all our planes come with AC.

Air Conditioning to opening the windows!

;)

4-50 air

Luis R. Ramos

Squadron Safety Officer

etodd

There is a Skyhawk rental, with AC,  on our field that I rent often, but its basically useless.  I mean it puts out cold air just fine ... but doesn't work until you crank the engine. At that point you have enough airflow with open windows to be ok.  Its while you are strapping in and going over the checklists that you swelter.

I'm seriously thinking about one of those ice cooler AC units. Put it in the backseat before starting the exterior checks, and by the time you get inside, its cool.
"Don't try to explain it, just bow your head
Breathe in, breathe out, move on ..."

LSThiker

THRAWN

Quote from: LSThiker on August 08, 2016, 10:16:06 PM
Quote from: Luis R. Ramos on August 08, 2016, 09:30:40 PM
4-50 Air???

???

4 Windows, 50 mph.  Old day air conditioning on cars.

Best car I ever owned had it. My wife would strangle me in my sleep if I tried that now...
Strup-"Belligerent....at times...."
AFRCC SMC 10-97
NSS ISC 05-00
USAF SOS 2000
USAF ACSC 2011
US NWC 2016
USMC CSCDEP 2023

Eclipse

The thing of it is the Check Pilot / Instructor Pilot "club" is fairly small, in some wings by design.

By the time you get to the point where you are flying enough and are well known enough to be considered as a CP/IP,
you won't need a checklist, as someone will be likely hand-holding the process.

"That Others May Zoom"

Luis R. Ramos

Squadron Safety Officer

Live2Learn

Quote from: Flying Pig on August 08, 2016, 11:37:58 AM

What's the problem?  CAP aircraft air conditioners are mounted between the spinner and the firewall.  They're called an "engine", and when used properly they take advantage of the adiabatic lapse rate (3 dF/1000' of altitude).  90 dF at the field?  No problem.  Climb to 10,000' MSL and the temp is 60 dF.  Being in Florida I assume your highest field elevation is about 6'MSL...  :)

Flying Pig

Im more concerned about the Acs ability to remove the humidity from the air more than I am about cooling it down :)  I was out today in an open air market.  It was about 80 deg... actually cool.... and I was soaked.