Missing Girl Found by Wyoming CAP

Started by DakRadz, August 07, 2016, 01:40:00 AM

DakRadz

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/08/06/ohio-teen-found-in-grand-teton-national-park-had-changed-her-appearance.html

Congrats to the crews involved. Sheriff credites WY Wing with helping find the girl.

The missing girl is from my neck of the woods. Nice to see a mention of us on a national news site- hopefully NHQ can put something together for this!

Strange story thus far, but either way good save.

1st Lt Raduenz

PHall

But they're still searching for a missing woman in California.

Luis R. Ramos

PH-

What state do you live in, if I can ask?

I also wonder, do you live in mostly rural or urban environment?
Squadron Safety Officer
Squadron Communication Officer
Squadron Emergency Services Officer

SarDragon

Quote from: Luis R. Ramos on August 07, 2016, 02:34:11 AM
PH-

What state do you live in, if I can ask?

I also wonder, do you live in mostly rural or urban environment?

Mr Hall and I both live in Southern California. My location is considered rural, but has lots mostly around an acre in size. I think his area is similar.

California in general runs all the way from really, freakin' hot desert, to temperate rain forest, and pretty much everything in between. The specific search area is mountainous, and heavily wooded, at 7000'+ altitude, east of Sacramento.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Luis R. Ramos

Thank you for the response. How many CAP squadrons in California?
Squadron Safety Officer

whatevah

Jerry Horn
CAPTalk Co-Admin

PHall

Luis, CAP is providing airborne communications support for the Ground Teams.
We have to provide constant coverage from Sunrise to Sunset.
The Ground Teams are from a number of County Sheriff Departments. CAP does not have any Ground Teams out on this mission.
CalOES only requested Airborne Comm Support/Relay and that's what we're giving them.

Luis R. Ramos

Thanks for the update.

Please provide an update when the woman is found, whether a find is made or mission is suspended if you can.
Squadron Safety Officer

RogueLeader

Quote from: DakRadz on August 07, 2016, 01:40:00 AM
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/08/06/ohio-teen-found-in-grand-teton-national-park-had-changed-her-appearance.html

Congrats to the crews involved. Sheriff credites WY Wing with helping find the girl.

The missing girl is from my neck of the woods. Nice to see a mention of us on a national news site- hopefully NHQ can put something together for this!

Strange story thus far, but either way good save.

1st Lt Raduenz

It wasn't just us in Wyoming.  There was a good bit of Cell phone forensics that helped put the crews in the right area to search.  For the record, I wasn't on the search, just in a position to see what was going on.  WYWG DOSA.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340