CAP Corporate Working Uniform

Started by grunt82abn, August 02, 2016, 07:52:21 PM

vorteks

Quote from: varitec on August 05, 2016, 05:38:02 PM
Quote from: Alaric on August 05, 2016, 05:00:39 PM
Quote from: varitec on August 05, 2016, 04:09:23 PM
Quote from: etodd on August 05, 2016, 03:38:39 PM
Quote from: Alaric on August 05, 2016, 12:06:45 PM

Not to mention that the G/W (or the blues) is the minimum required uniform per the regulations

Yes. The minimum required to be in one's possession. But is perfectly ok with regs to stay in the closet until the UOD requires it to be worn. I'm always in an acceptable uniform per what is specified for UOD.

Thats still my point for my area. Its just never been required of me yet to only have one choice of UOD for an event and it be something I do not own.  The uniform issue just never gets talked about in my area. It was only after finding CAPTalk that I realized uniforms were a big deal in other areas of the country.

(Edited to add that I'm talking about Senior members. Our local Cadet program is wholly different with its emphasis on different UOD for each meeting of the month, inspections, etc. Our Seniors are always in an acceptable UOD for 'them' so that we are a good example for the Cadets. But we may not be wearing the same as the Cadets.)

+1

Quote from: http://gocivilairpatrol.com/how_to_join/adults_faq/
FAQS FOR ADULTS

Do I have to wear a uniform?
However, some members choose to serve quietly without wearing a uniform.  You can purchase uniform items from Vanguard.  www.civilairpatrolstore.com.

This is not borne out by the CAPM 39-1 clearly states the requirements clearly

1.2. Wear of the CAP Uniform.

1.2.1. Individual members will obtain and maintain for wear either of the minimum basic uniforms described here. These combinations meet the requirements of most CAP events. A commander may require cadets to wear other optional uniform items only if the purchase is voluntary (such as requiring a specific uniform for participation in a National Cadet Special Activity) or if the uniform is supplied without expense to the cadet.

1.2.1.1. Minimum USAF-style Uniform: The minimum basic USAF-style uniform is the Blue Service Uniform (Class B) with short sleeve shirt (male) or blouse (female) as appropriate. Cadets authorized to wear the USAF-style uniform are required to maintain this uniform.

1.2.1.2. Minimum Corporate-style Uniform: The minimum basic CAP Corporate-style uniform is the Aviator Shirt Uniform with short sleeve shirt or blouse as appropriate. Cadets aged 18 and older who meet weight standards for wear of the USAF-style uniform must maintain the USAF-style Class B uniform as noted in the previous paragraph

There's no contradiction. "[W]ill obtain and maintain for wear" does not mean "shall wear". Fact is, for senior members, wearing a uniform is optional except for certain types of activities or situations.

Also there's this in 39-1:

1.2.4.2. Members are normally required to wear a CAP uniform (either USAF- or Corporate-style) when working with cadets, when flying in a CAP aircraft (Corporate or member owned aircraft used in a CAP flight activity), or when conducting business under a CAP mission number (A, B, or C). Region commanders, wing commanders, and activity directors may stipulate appropriate civilian clothes while traveling to and from events by ground, or during events not involving flight where it is appropriate to wear civilian clothes.

Should be no problema to show up at your weekly squadron meetings in civvies so long as you're not working with cadets.

Pace

Enough. The personal attacks are getting out of control. Personal comments need to always go through PM.
Lt Col, CAP