SAREX Schedules

Started by etodd, July 21, 2016, 06:48:59 PM

JC004

DEWG has monthly scheduled ES training.  It's on the calendar and all.

I have, sometimes, done short-notice exercises on purpose, but usually as part of a series of exercises (with normal notice) leading up to that one. 

I have also done no-notice exercises on meeting nights.

etodd

Quote from: JC004 on July 23, 2016, 10:39:02 PM

I have also done no-notice exercises on meeting nights.

Thats a different story.  I was mainly talking about those SAREX that go for 2 or 3 days (weekends). Some of us working folks with families only have so much time and we have to plan ahead. I enjoy it and want to do more, but can't always jump at the last minute like many of the retirees can.

But now we are back to my OP. So I'll stop here. Its all been said that needs to be said. Maybe it'll filter on up the chain.
"Don't try to explain it, just bow your head
Breathe in, breathe out, move on ..."

Eclipse

Quote from: etodd on July 24, 2016, 12:54:47 AMbut can't always jump at the last minute like many of the retirees can.

Retirees? Few of the people in my wing running exercises are "retirees".

"That Others May Zoom"

etodd

Quote from: Eclipse on July 24, 2016, 02:43:54 AM
Quote from: etodd on July 24, 2016, 12:54:47 AMbut can't always jump at the last minute like many of the retirees can.

Maybe your Wing gives more notice than mine. Thats the whole point of this thread. Like I've said, its getting repetitive now, so I'll bow out. Points made and nothing left to add. I would lock it if I could. G'nite. :)

Luis R. Ramos

Eclipse,

I think he meant by the comment regarding the retirees is that the wing posts exercises at the last minute. The retirees are not the members running the exercises. The retirees are those members that respond to the late notices, and they can respond at the last minute since they are retired and do not have anything  to do.  In his case, he is not retiree so he cannot attend since he does have a family life and works.

Squadron Safety Officer
Squadron Communication Officer
Squadron Emergency Services Officer

Eclipse

^ Yeah, I got it - characterizing people with flexibility in their personal or professional lives as retirees
was intended as some kind of typical back-handed "something", as if only those without "real work"
to do can respond on short notice.

Increasingly professionals work from home or on the road, or anywhere, and set their own
schedules (i.e. are never "working" and never "off").

That doesn't negate the need to give members reasonable notice of activities, but
people shouldn't be resentful of those who are able to respond on short notice, or
during daytime weekday hours.

Those members are the ones doing the lion's share of the work and making the opportunities
available for others during evenings and weekends.

And with that said, "short notice" becomes subjective when your buddy calls you up and
says I have "x' tickets on the floor or in a skybox, pick you up in an hour...".

"That Others May Zoom"

SMWOG

In my wing,Wing ES does not communicate with Group ES in planning of the SAREX. Its kinda like show up here or else.

etodd

Quote from: Eclipse on July 24, 2016, 04:18:00 AM

And with that said, "short notice" becomes subjective when your buddy calls you up and
says I have "x' tickets on the floor or in a skybox, pick you up in an hour...".

Geez guy, you know thats not what I'm referring to.  There is a huge difference in dropping things to go spend 3 hours at a ballgame ... and a weekend with possible overnights where more in depth arrangements have to be made for work, spouse and family.

My question was answered on page one. All Wings are different. All Wings notify their Squadrons and members on different time frames. No nationwide standards of how calendars are to be kept. Thats all I needed to know. Thanks for those who answered. No need to continue this thread.

Luis R. Ramos

It's ALIVE!

Didn't you know it by now?

As soon as you post here, you loose control of the thread!

It acquires a life of its own!

:-\
Squadron Safety Officer
Squadron Communication Officer
Squadron Emergency Services Officer

JeffDG

Quote from: etodd on July 24, 2016, 07:07:12 PM
Quote from: Eclipse on July 24, 2016, 04:18:00 AM

Geez guy, you know thats not what I'm referring to.  There is a huge difference in dropping things to go spend 3 hours at a ballgame ... and a weekend with possible overnights where more in depth arrangements have to be made for work, spouse and family.

My question was answered on page one. All Wings are different. All Wings notify their Squadrons and members on different time frames. No nationwide standards of how calendars are to be kept. Thats all I needed to know. Thanks for those who answered. No need to continue this thread.

Well, except that by regulation, events must be in WMIRS 3 weeks out if they are Air Force Funded.  That's in CAPR 60-3:
Quote(1) The CAP wing/region commander or designee prepares a WMIRS mission
request to include a detailed training scenario. Once approved by the wing or region
commander, the request is automatically forwarded to the CAP-USAF LR for approval. The
WMIRS mission request should be provided to the CAP-USAF LR as soon as feasible prior to
the activity date to allow the liaison region to find staff to attend and support the training as
necessary. WMIRS training mission requests must be available in WMIRS for the LR's
approval at least three weeks in advance of the mission start date.
Waiver authority of the three
week notice requirement rests with the CAP-USAF liaison region, and requires concurrence of
the CAP wing commander. Training scenarios and requests should contain at the least the
following:

If you have any qualifications, you can see all of these mission requests in WMIRS, including the training scenarios etc.

etodd

Quote from: JeffDG on July 24, 2016, 10:14:37 PM

Well, except that by regulation, events must be in WMIRS 3 weeks out if they are Air Force Funded.  That's in CAPR 60-3:

Yes.  A SAREX can be scheduled several months out at Wing or wherever ... and they can keep it all hush hush and wait until 21 days before to enter it into WMIRS. And then wait another week or so to start notifying Squadrons and members who may not be spending time every day searching through WMIRS to see if anything has popped up on that 3 week timeframe.

Again ... thats my point. Once a Wing puts it on their internal calendar .... the 'courteous' thing to do would be to send out a 'save the date' notice for members. Wing can still wait until the 3 week deadline to put it in WMIRS if they want to.

This isn't a difficult concept. Not sure why some folks are pushing back. Someone above has already stated 'their' Wing has the 2017 calendar up.

JeffDG

The other thing to note, all Wings are required to submit annual training plans, including exercises throughout the entire FY.  Those plans show up in WMIRS on October 1.

We loaded our FY2017 (Oct 2016-Sep 2017) exercises onto our calendar when we submitted out training plan to region.

Eclipse

Quote from: etodd on July 24, 2016, 10:59:13 PM
Quote from: JeffDG on July 24, 2016, 10:14:37 PM

Yes.  A SAREX can be scheduled several months out at Wing or wherever ... and they can keep it all hush hush and wait until 21 days before to enter it into WMIRS. And then wait another week or so to start notifying Squadrons and members who may not be spending time every day searching through WMIRS to see if anything has popped up on that 3 week timeframe.

Again ... thats my point. Once a Wing puts it on their internal calendar .... the 'courteous' thing to do would be to send out a 'save the date' notice for members. Wing can still wait until the 3 week deadline to put it in WMIRS if they want to.

This isn't a difficult concept. Not sure why some folks are pushing back. Someone above has already stated 'their' Wing has the 2017 calendar up.

You know there's a chain here as well, where's your unit ESo who should be sync'ing his training cycles to meet up with Wing's exercises.

"That Others May Zoom"

Spaceman3750

You know, maybe there's not a sinister cabal keeping you from attending SAREXs. Maybe local units and groups hit a critical mass of people who need sorties to qualify, so they schedule a SAREX, announce it to their people, and execute it. That could happen inside a 5-6 week timeline, easy, and you would probably never hear about it because you are not known to be in the impacted group or are not in the AOR of the ones throwing the party. As frustrating as it is, sometimes you need to speak up to your CC and say "can you help me with X?" For all of the screwed up leadership we have, most are eager to help.

RogueLeader

Quote from: etodd on July 24, 2016, 03:27:46 AM

Maybe your Wing gives more notice than mine. Thats the whole point of this thread. Like I've said, its getting repetitive now, so I'll bow out. Points made and nothing left to add. I would lock it if I could. G'nite. :)

Another thing that you can do is go into WIMRS 2.0 and look at the missions entered.  They have names describing what those missions are: Annual Maintenance Flights, Annual Cadet O-Rides, SAREXs, SAREVAL, etc.  Then they have the dates of when they are.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

JeffDG

Quote from: RogueLeader on July 25, 2016, 03:29:10 PM
Quote from: etodd on July 24, 2016, 03:27:46 AM

Another thing that you can do is go into WIMRS 2.0 and look at the missions entered.  They have names describing what those missions are: Annual Maintenance Flights, Annual Cadet O-Rides, SAREXs, SAREVAL, etc.  Then they have the dates of when they are.
The only issue there is that WMIRS 2.0 mission that come from the Training Plans have a month window configured.  So, if we put in the training plan that Group 1 will have a SAREX in October, when that gets cross-loaded from the Training Plans module to WMIRS, it won't know that that SAREX is 21-23 October, it will show in WMIRS is 1-31 October.

Eclipse

And to be fair isn't WMIRS access limited to certain ES quals? 

"That Others May Zoom"

Spaceman3750

Quote from: Eclipse on July 25, 2016, 04:52:14 PM

Nope.

RogueLeader

Quote from: Eclipse on July 25, 2016, 04:52:14 PM

Certain options are, but anybody can view anything uploaded.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

Eclipse

^ Ah - maybe it was just entry / sortie creation that was the issue.

"That Others May Zoom"