Patron>Active - Credit for Level I/II

Started by PhoenixRisen, June 18, 2016, 04:51:10 PM

PhoenixRisen

All,

After spending 3 years in Patron status since turning 21, I have officially re-joined a local squadron and I'm trying to get everything squared away for my initial SM grade appointment.  I earned the Eaker and everything is still in eServices, so does continuous Patron membership qualify for the "less than 2 years break in service" needed for assignment of the following items?  Hopefully it doesn't need to be active membership. 

Level I / II
Credit for OBC / SLS
Cadet Programs Tech Rating

Thanks!

Ozzy

You'll keep everything except maybe level 1. If you lose Level 1, it can be done in an hour or so. Since you say you are still active on eservices... check your training, does it say you have level 1 completed?

Edit: Misread the question.... check what you have in eServices. If you don't have those items, your Squadron commander can send it up and see about getting the approval for those

Per CAPR 50-17 9.a:
QuoteCredit  will  be  awarded  to  former  cadets  based  on  specific  accomplishments.  Those members  who  earned  the  Mitchell  Award  and have  a  less  than  two-year  break  in  service  may receive credit for Level I completion. Members who earned the Earhart Award may receive the technician rating in the Cadet Programs Officer specialty track. Members who have earned the Eaker Award may be awarded completion of SLS, the CAP Officer Basic Course, and Level II. In addition to Level II completion, members who earned the Spaatz Award may be awarded the senior rating in the Cadet Programs Officer specialty track and the Yeager  ward

Since you don't have a two-year break in service you should be okay

CAPR 39-2  3-1:
Quoteb. Reserve/Patron Member. A reserve/patron member is a financial supporter who maintains current membership through payment of annual membership dues and participates in a limited capacity as outlined below. Such members may be assigned to a local unit or at the National level.

Last Edit: The two-year break in service is for the Mitchell was old regs, for other PD achievements (lvl2, SLS, etc.) should get awarded when you submit the paperwork, there is no time requirement for you to request these.
Ozyilmaz, MSgt, CAP
C/Lt. Colonel (Ret.)
NYWG Encampment 07, 08, 09, 10, 17
CTWG Encampment 09, 11, 16
NER Cadet Leadership School 10
GAWG Encampment 18, 19
FLWG Winter Encampment 19

PhoenixRisen