Main Menu

ID Cards

Started by William K. Bolan, February 10, 2016, 01:59:06 PM

William K. Bolan

MHC5096

Quote from: William K. Bolan on February 10, 2016, 05:03:36 PM
Yeah...Dont think there is really anything "Coast Guard Auxiliary" out in Arizona, it's mostly desert. However, I have seen a USCG Auxiliary ID card, here is an attachment belowhttp://www.perrimarinesales.com/images/_products/marinesupplies/96_USCG_in_.jpg

See if you can click ob the link

You might be surprised. There are 7 active Coast Guard Auxiliary flotillas in Arizona with approximately 208 members total. Lakes and rivers...
Mark H. Crary
Lt Col, CAP (1990-Present)
DDC-P, CGAUX (2011-Present)
MSgt, USAF (1995-2011)
QM2, USN (1989-1995)

William K. Bolan

wow. I did not know that. Learn something new everyday I guess

AirAux

Wait. What??  I thought we were part of the TOTAL FORCE????

Raikkonen

Quote from: THRAWN on February 10, 2016, 05:40:46 PM
Quote from: Raikkonen on February 10, 2016, 05:36:37 PM
Quote from: THRAWN on February 10, 2016, 05:31:29 PM
Quote from: William K. Bolan on February 10, 2016, 05:03:36 PM
Yeah...Dont think there is really anything "Coast Guard Auxiliary" out in Arizona, it's mostly desert. However, I have seen a USCG Auxiliary ID card, here is an attachment belowhttp://www.perrimarinesales.com/images/_products/marinesupplies/96_USCG_in_.jpg

See if you can click ob the link

That's a wallet. And from what I remember, their cards are issued by DHS and HSPD-12 compliant.

Hmmmmm.....  So they are the official aux. of the Coast Guard and they get fancy smancy ID cards...   And we are the official aux. of the Air Force and we get crap.  Me thinks there is some sorcery at work here.

Nope. Check the rules. They are ALWAYS USCG Aux. We are sometimes USAF Aux and sometimes CAP corporate. There has been a lot of chatter about this. Hit the search icon above and just enter "auxiliary", open a nice bottle of something red and wrap your head around the legal nuances...

I'll check it out.  This is interesting to me.  Especially since, "the auxiliary is a part of the total force Air Force"  lol.   I knew those words meant nothing. 

Spam

Quote from: Garibaldi on February 10, 2016, 05:38:09 PM
Quote from: THRAWN on February 10, 2016, 04:22:55 PM
Quote from: SamuelRosinsky on February 10, 2016, 04:13:24 PM
When I first joined,  the cards were much thicker, but they faded much easier

When I first joined, they were thin and the personal info was printed on with a dot matrix printer.

Yep. A paper one that fell apart the first time I took an unscheduled swim in a creek on an FTX.

Good job there, Prince Namor of Atlantis (aka Aquaman).

I still have my first one, paper as you say with blue runny ink, and data printed with a dot matrix printer. "Signed" by General Howard Brookfield, CAP.

V/R
SPam

SarDragon

My oldest ones, from the '60s, were done on a letterform impact device. By '87, when I rejoined, they were done on a dot matrix printer.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

ColonelJack

Quote from: Spam on February 11, 2016, 05:35:49 AM

When I first joined, they were thin and the personal info was printed on with a dot matrix printer.

Yep. A paper one that fell apart the first time I took an unscheduled swim in a creek on an FTX.

I still have my first one, paper as you say with blue runny ink, and data printed with a dot matrix printer. "Signed" by General Howard Brookfield, CAP.

V/R
SPam

Got you one better, my friend ... my first card (1981) has Gen. Johnnie Boyd's "signature" stamped on it.

Jack
Jack Bagley, Ed. D.
Lt. Col., CAP (now inactive)
Gill Robb Wilson Award No. 1366, 29 Nov 1991
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
Honorary Admiral, Navy of the Republic of Molossia

Alaric

V/R
SPam

Prince Namor is Sub-Mariner (Marvel)

Arthur Curry is Aquaman (DC)

William K. Bolan

Were a part of the Air Force Total Force as "Airmen". that does mean something, a title that comes with great responsibility. We gotta be better than we were before; more uptight.

Garibaldi

Quote from: ColonelJack on February 11, 2016, 10:51:54 AM

V/R
SPam

Got you one better, my friend ... my first card (1981) has Gen. Johnnie Boyd's "signature" stamped on it.

Jack

Same here.
Still a major after all these years.
ES dude, leadership ossifer, publik affaires
Opinionated and wrong 99% of the time about all things

JeffDG

Quote from: AirAux on February 10, 2016, 09:51:01 PM
Wait. What??  I thought we were part of the TOTAL FORCE????
Read the announcement on that.  Only when on an AFAM are we part of the Total Force.  Your weekly meeting, nope.

JeffDG

Quote from: William K. Bolan on February 11, 2016, 12:55:18 PM
Were a part of the Air Force Total Force as "Airmen". that does mean something, a title that comes with great responsibility. We gotta be better than we were before; more uptight.
Only on an AFAM.

Garibaldi

So that really begs the question. If we are only the auxiliary when we are on an AFAM, why are we still saying we're the auxiliary? We should be a separate corporate entity. We should be one or the other 100% of the time, not just when/because.
Still a major after all these years.
ES dude, leadership ossifer, publik affaires
Opinionated and wrong 99% of the time about all things

Toth

Quote from: Garibaldi on February 11, 2016, 05:00:54 PM
So that really begs the question. If we are only the auxiliary when we are on an AFAM, why are we still saying we're the auxiliary? We should be a separate corporate entity. We should be one or the other 100% of the time, not just when/because.

Honestly I agree, I'm kinda sick of this half and half crap, either we need to be the auxiliary or we need to be a corporation. I personally feel like if we are wearing the uniforms and flying the planes, be it at weekly meetings or otherwise, we should be the auxiliary. If we want to get our own planes for our own uses and wear blueberries all the time, we should be a corporation. One or the other, not both.
SM Toth Mendius, CAP
C/CC RMR-MT-053 (ret.), RMR Ass't Rep NCAC (ret.)
Mitchell #65174, Earhart #17361
GES, ♦ICUT, ♦FLM, GTM3, UDF, SET, MS, MRO, EMT, *GTM2

William K. Bolan

I feel that we should be considered airmen under our own corporation. no half and half.

How do you guys feel about if we were to become paid, and cap become a job? Just curious. Me, I'd like it.

THRAWN

Quote from: William K. Bolan on February 11, 2016, 05:50:18 PM
I feel that we should be considered airmen under our own corporation. no half and half.

How do you guys feel about if we were to become paid, and cap become a job? Just curious. Me, I'd like it.

They have that. It's called the Air Force.
Strup-"Belligerent....at times...."
AFRCC SMC 10-97
NSS ISC 05-00
USAF SOS 2000
USAF ACSC 2011
US NWC 2016
USMC CSCDEP 2023

William K. Bolan

but I do agree. Either Auxiliary or our own corporation

Toth

Quote from: THRAWN on February 11, 2016, 05:52:34 PM

I don't think we should be paid necessarily, but I certainly wouldn't mind if cadets were given a small stipend for attending encampment or similar activities. The Royal Air Cadets of Canada do this and it really encourages attendance at summer activities and makes attending them much more competitive. I also wish we had more funding to help cadets go to activities, but I understand that the total force thing has helped with this a bit as far as funding goes. Good luck getting CAP members paid, Thrawn was right about that, it's called the Air Force xD
SM Toth Mendius, CAP
C/CC RMR-MT-053 (ret.), RMR Ass't Rep NCAC (ret.)
Mitchell #65174, Earhart #17361
GES, ♦ICUT, ♦FLM, GTM3, UDF, SET, MS, MRO, EMT, *GTM2

LSThiker

Quote from: THRAWN on February 11, 2016, 05:52:34 PM

Also the paid NHQ Staff :)