Main Menu

ID Cards

Started by William K. Bolan, February 10, 2016, 01:59:06 PM

THRAWN

Quote from: William K. Bolan on February 17, 2016, 01:02:51 PM
I'm not suggesting that we get paid, but I was thinking it might be a good idea in the future. Im not worried about the look of our ID cards, I am worried about the strength of them. But it really doesnt matter.
Plus this: "United States Govt. NOT Air Force paying us. Payment like weekly pay or biweekly. 500+ weekly or biweekly"

Are you running for congress?
Strup-"Belligerent....at times...."
AFRCC SMC 10-97
NSS ISC 05-00
USAF SOS 2000
USAF ACSC 2011
US NWC 2016
USMC CSCDEP 2023

William K. Bolan

You're kidding, right? Me in congress is a joke. But my ideas were suggestions.

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: William K. Bolan on February 12, 2016, 03:13:17 PM
United States Govt. NOT Air Force paying us. Payment like weekly pay or biweekly. 500+ weekly or biweekly

$125-250/ hour? Niiice.

RRLE

Quote from: CyBorg on February 16, 2016, 10:46:13 PM
the CGAUX (I'm betting the Temporary Reserve was paid in WWII as well)

It is a common misconception that the WWII USCG Temporary Reserves (TRs) were part of the USCG Aux. The Aux, in some of  its official literature, blurs that line. All TRs were members of the Real Military USCG and subject to the then Articles of War, now UCMJ. No Auxie  was ever subject to either.

The TRs were composed of several groups. Some of those groups, such as the USCG Police (guarded factories), US NWS weatherman stationed on Navy Ships and USCG Cutters and the all female SPARS never were part of the Aux. Many of the US Coastal Patrol and Volunteer Port Security Force were forced to join the Aux for training and security clearance. Once trained and cleared, they were part of the TRs. Whether they kept up their Aux affiliation was up to them. Most dropped the Aux affiliation in the immediate post war years.

William K. Bolan

Quote from: Capt Hatkevich on February 18, 2016, 02:24:04 AM
United States Govt. NOT Air Force paying us. Payment like weekly pay or biweekly. 500+ weekly or biweekly

$125-250/ hour? Niiice.

MHC5096

You are aware that the USAF is a component of the DOD which is part of the U.S. Government, right?  ::)
Mark H. Crary
Lt Col, CAP (1990-Present)
DDC-P, CGAUX (2011-Present)
MSgt, USAF (1995-2011)
QM2, USN (1989-1995)

William K. Bolan

Yes, I put that into consideration; how the usaf is part of the dod and the government

Raikkonen

Quote from: CyBorg on February 13, 2016, 03:45:41 PM
Quote from: NIN on February 12, 2016, 02:59:12 AM
What ever happened to Robert?

I remember him from the CGAux forum on military.com.  He is a nonsighted person who is now an attorney, but I don't know if he's still an Auxiliarist.

As someone who has been a member of both organisations (CAP and CGAux), I wouldn't necessarily define which one is "better" overall, but there are some very sharp differences, not least the perception of parent services.

CG knows who their Auxiliarists are.  Outside of top brass and local bases, most in the AF don't know/don't care about CAP.

No cadets in CGAux, but NSCC gets a fair bit of support from the CG.

No ranks in CGAux, but a lot of confusing alphabet-soup "office symbols."

Auxiliarists do not salute one another, but do salute commissioned/warrant officers and are probably more often saluted by military personnel.

Much more direct oversight by parent service. 

Concept of Form 2B nonexistent in CGAux.  Most personnel issues have to go through CG.

About .0001% of uniform controversies in CGAux viz. CAP, though there are small numbers of CGAux who would ditch the CG uniform altogether.  "Fat and fuzzies" not prohibited from wearing CG uniform.

CGAux can be awarded many CG ribbons/medals in addition to their own.  CAP is not permitted award of AF medals, not even civilian ones.

Leaders are mostly elected in CGAux.  I often felt odd with "Ensign" or "LTJG" type insignia addressing a four-piston-ring "Captain" by first name.

ALL missions issued by CG

No AUXON/AUXOFF

Never heard any apocryphal stories of CGAux demanding salutes from military.

You decide.

That's a TON of really good info!  Thank you!!!

USACAP

Actually ...
Everyone.
If you show up @ a wide host of Federally managed incidents and activities, you need a HSPD-12 compliant CAC.
The card is scanned via barcode or chip and all the user's info is stored in it.
Given the post-disaster missions CAP has, it actually makes sense to have a CAC ... That said, it'd be a goatrope to manage an ID program like that for CAP.
Quote from: William K. Bolan on February 12, 2016, 03:14:19 PM
outside of CAP I am not sure who would need to see our ID cards

Yep.
They get enrolled DHS CAC/PIV-I cards.
They tie-in to USCG units for support in a way CAP does not affiliate directly w/ a USAF sponsor unit.

Quote from: THRAWN on February 10, 2016, 05:31:29 PM
... their cards are issued by DHS and HSPD-12 compliant.

abdsp51

Quote from: USACAP on March 01, 2016, 04:45:13 AM
Actually ...
Everyone.
If you show up @ a wide host of Federally managed incidents and activities, you need a HSPD-12 compliant CAC.
The card is scanned via barcode or chip and all the user's info is stored in it.
Given the post-disaster missions CAP has, it actually makes sense to have a CAC ... That said, it'd be a goatrope to manage an ID program like that for CAP.
Quote from: William K. Bolan on February 12, 2016, 03:14:19 PM
outside of CAP I am not sure who would need to see our ID cards

Yep.
They get enrolled DHS CAC/PIV-I cards.
They tie-in to USCG units for support in a way CAP does not affiliate directly w/ a USAF sponsor unit.

Quote from: THRAWN on February 10, 2016, 05:31:29 PM
... their cards are issued by DHS and HSPD-12 compliant.

You really need to learn how to use the quote system..