Main Menu

ID Cards

Started by William K. Bolan, February 10, 2016, 01:59:06 PM

FW

It's nice to see we're back to the "on off" status of CAP... I'm wondering if there are more ABU threads, or "off on" threads? 

As I understand things (what do I know?)  CAP is always a corporation, and its members (and the corporation) serve as the Air Force Aux. when the Air Force pays for missions (AFAM).  Is this a real problem, or something we on CAPTalk like to argue about... 

BTW; Big Blue subsidized the encampment costs of quite a few cadets last summer.  It would be great if they expanded the program to include all who wanted to attend.  Having all cadet activities covered as an AFAM would expand our "status" as the Aux quite a bit...

Either way, my pay stays constant!  8)

stillamarine

Quote from: SarDragon on February 11, 2016, 06:38:58 AM
My oldest ones, from the '60s, were done on a letterform impact device. By '87, when I rejoined, they were done on a dot matrix printer.

Don't forget the metal one you could order from the CAP Bookstore Catalog....I may still have mine somewhere.
Tim Gardiner, 1st LT, CAP

USMC AD 1996-2001
USMCR    2001-2005  Admiral, Great State of Nebraska Navy  MS, MO, UDF
tim.gardiner@gmail.com

THRAWN

Quote from: FW on February 11, 2016, 06:12:16 PM
It's nice to see we're back to the "on off" status of CAP... I'm wondering if there are more ABU threads, or "off on" threads? 

As I understand things (what do I know?)  CAP is always a corporation, and its members (and the corporation) serve as the Air Force Aux. when the Air Force pays for missions (AFAM).  Is this a real problem, or something we on CAPTalk like to argue about... 

BTW; Big Blue subsidized the encampment costs of quite a few cadets last summer.  It would be great if they expanded the program to include all who wanted to attend.  Having all cadet activities covered as an AFAM would expand our "status" as the Aux quite a bit...

Interesting concept. It would sure increase the levels of attendance.
Strup-"Belligerent....at times...."
AFRCC SMC 10-97
NSS ISC 05-00
USAF SOS 2000
USAF ACSC 2011
US NWC 2016
USMC CSCDEP 2023

JeffDG

Quote from: FW on February 11, 2016, 06:12:16 PM

Encampment isn't an AFAM regardless of money.

Money <> AFAM.  If you are on a B5 SAREX, the Air Force isn't paying, but you're on an AFAM.

FW

^That can be changed by an order of the SECAF.  Life really isn't that difficult; it just needs to be lived... ;D

Raikkonen

After talking to a Coasty Auxiliary person on another forum, I have learned a lot. 

Maybe the future generations can make the argument to align us more with the Air Force and stop the half and half thing.  I mean, it's been done before... we dropped torpedoes on target at one time and the Coast Guard has apparently figured out how to do it effectively.  I know we are never to serve in a combat role again but I'm just thinking out loud here. 

Now I'm really going to stir the pot  >:D ... maybe... just maybe, our officers should have an education requirement like NOAA and Merchant Marine officers do (like us, neither of them are the military and not allowed into combat).  Like a real commission.   CAP would function just fine with seniors filling roles that don't meet that requirement (we could see the NCO Corp come back... scary) and the ones that do... well, they truly would be the leaders of the "force" and would probably be listened to a little more from our counterparts.  CG Aux. officers are far and few between and serve in pretty important roles.  They also have a lot more respect from the active CG too.  We would really have to do some lessons learned stuff and start taking our role more seriously.  We want to wear the blue uniform, we should represent it appropriately.   Then, we can stop calling it Civil Air Patrol and start calling it The Air Force Auxiliary for reals.

Flame on ladies and gentlemen.  Flame on.   ;D

THRAWN

Quote from: Raikkonen on February 11, 2016, 09:03:47 PM
After talking to a Coasty Auxiliary person on another forum, I have learned a lot. 

Maybe the future generations can make the argument to align us more with the Air Force and stop the half and half thing.  I mean, it's been done before... we dropped torpedoes on target at one time and the Coast Guard has apparently figured out how to do it effectively.  I know we are never to serve in a combat role again but I'm just thinking out loud here. 

Now I'm really going to stir the pot  >:D ... maybe... just maybe, our officers should have an education requirement like NOAA and Merchant Marine officers do (like us, neither of them are the military and not allowed into combat).  Like a real commission.   CAP would function just fine with seniors filling roles that don't meet that requirement (we could see the NCO Corp come back... scary) and the ones that do... well, they truly would be the leaders of the "force" and would probably be listened to a little more from our counterparts.  CG Aux. officers are far and few between and serve in pretty important roles.  They also have a lot more respect from the active CG too.  We would really have to do some lessons learned stuff and start taking our role more seriously.  We want to wear the blue uniform, we should represent it appropriately.   Then, we can stop calling it Civil Air Patrol and start calling it The Air Force Auxiliary for reals.

Been discussed to death. Hit up that search feature...
AFRCC SMC 10-97
NSS ISC 05-00
USAF SOS 2000
USAF ACSC 2011
US NWC 2016
USMC CSCDEP 2023

THRAWN

Quote from: FW on February 11, 2016, 06:53:32 PM
^That can be changed by an order of the SECAF.  Life really isn't that difficult; it just needs to be lived... ;D

Rules just can't change! There are rules against that!
AFRCC SMC 10-97
NSS ISC 05-00
USAF SOS 2000
USAF ACSC 2011
US NWC 2016
USMC CSCDEP 2023

Raikkonen

Quote from: THRAWN on February 11, 2016, 09:09:58 PM
Quote from: Raikkonen on February 11, 2016, 09:03:47 PM

Been discussed to death. Hit up that search feature...

But if I do that then we won't have anything to get heated about.    >:D   

SarDragon

Oh, there is plethora of things out there to get all het up about.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Garibaldi

Quote from: SarDragon on February 11, 2016, 09:43:12 PM
Oh, there is plethora of things out there to get all het up about.

So we kan haz teh digitalz nao?
Still a major after all these years.
ES dude, leadership ossifer, publik affaires
Opinionated and wrong 99% of the time about all things

SarDragon

Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
C/WO, CAP, Ret

THRAWN

AFRCC SMC 10-97
NSS ISC 05-00
USAF SOS 2000
USAF ACSC 2011
US NWC 2016
USMC CSCDEP 2023

SarDragon

Kool is a matter of opinion,  and we know all about those.[emoji14]
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Luis R. Ramos

Since the Coast Guard Auxiliary is always auxiliary and they have a nice ID card...

Maybe we could have a nice ID card like they have for when we are the USAF Auxiliary? The rest of the time we use the crappy one we have now...

>:D
Squadron Safety Officer
Squadron Communication Officer
Squadron Emergency Services Officer

Fubar

Quote from: Luis R. Ramos on February 12, 2016, 01:26:30 AMMaybe we could have a nice ID card like they have for when we are the USAF Auxiliary? The rest of the time we use the crappy one we have now...

Two sided perhaps? Nice and official looking on one side, inkjet printed on the other.

NIN

What ever happened to Robert?
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

Luis R. Ramos

Squadron Safety Officer

PHall

Luis R. Ramos

D__n, fell for that old trick!

:-\
Squadron Safety Officer