Using a LMS website at Squadron level

Started by soneil712, October 22, 2015, 07:59:50 PM

soneil712

I recently started using one of the free LMS websites, Schoology at our squadron.  I'm utilizing it  as an a secure on-line "place" that I can post documents like our squadron handbook or cadet chain of command, create calendar events for activities where cadets can RSVP, and even use discussion boards with my cadet staff to facilitate planning. 

The next phase I want to use for is giving cadets some more resources to help them with their leadership and aerospace curriculum. 

My questions to all is:

Does anyone else use a similar platform for their squadron? (Moodle, Google Classroom, Blackboard)If so how successful has it's been?

Does anyone know where I can find some good content I can post that can assist the cadets in their leadership and aerospace curriculum?  (Youtube videos, practice quizzes or tests, online lectures) 

Lt. O'Neil

THRAWN

Not for CAP, but I love me some CBT....

This is the most recent platform I've used: http://www.pearsonhighered.com/openclass/ and I wasn't too impressed. After having used Blackboard for quite a while, I have found that it has some of the best functionality and is the most user friendly. Discussion boards have replaced Facething in my house.

Youtube has scads of good leadership lectures. The Naval War College channel has dozens and there are links to other "think tank" channels as well. Harvard Business Review has hundreds of articles on leadership for download. Use the Google and spend about an hour searching for material that meets your need...
Strup-"Belligerent....at times...."
AFRCC SMC 10-97
NSS ISC 05-00
USAF SOS 2000
USAF ACSC 2011
US NWC 2016
USMC CSCDEP 2023

JC004

I had set up General Emergency Services, Aerospace Education for Senior Members, Drill & Ceremonies, Urban Direction Finding, Introduction to CAP Public Affairs, and some other things, but these are out of date now and I'm working on new courses. 

They were done in Moodle, and that's the current plan as well. 

What I had was like this: