Cool Air Show Pics of Cadets

Started by LtCol White, May 01, 2007, 02:45:57 AM

LtCol White

Lets start showing off some cool pics of your cadets at airshows. These are great for recruiting pamphlets and websites.
LtCol David P. White CAP   
HQ LAWG

Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska

Diplomacy - The ability to tell someone to "Go to hell" and have them look forward to making the trip.

LtCol White

2007 Barksdale AFB, LA Air Show. Cadets from the LA, TX, and AR wings with former cadet, USAF Academy graduate, Thunderbird#3, Maj Malachowski
LtCol David P. White CAP   
HQ LAWG

Diplomacy - The ability to tell someone to "Go to hell" and have them look forward to making the trip.

LTC_Gadget

It's a shame that you're gonna have to order a new banner now, though... ;D

Great shot; great opportunity for the cadets..

V/R,
John Boyd, LtCol, CAP
Mitchell and Earhart unnumbered, yada, yada
The older I get, the more I learn.  The more I learn, the more I find left yet to learn.

LtCol White

Actually, the letters come off so its easy just to add US

;D
LtCol David P. White CAP   
HQ LAWG

Eclipse

Awesome shot, but the PA should have spent a little time squaring the uniforms, and moving those with incorrect configurations to the back to hide their sins.

A photo with a prominent national figure like that is bound to appear in a lot of places, and be nit-picked to death.

"That Others May Zoom"

LtCol White

Maj Malachowski poses for recruiting pic.
LtCol David P. White CAP   
HQ LAWG

Becks

Inside the 17 at the MCAS show.

BBATW

MIKE

Mike Johnston

BillB

You also see cadet with no cover, no name tag plus a gig line off. A senior member with gray slacks golf shirt and "running shoes"????
Gil Robb Wilson # 19
Gil Robb Wilson # 104

LtCol White

Come on guys, lets not pick everyone's photos apart. Lets just have folks share them in fun. We all agree there are uniform issues out there to be addressed. Give it a rest on this thread
LtCol David P. White CAP   
HQ LAWG

Fifinella

Quote from: Eclipse on May 01, 2007, 02:06:52 PM
Awesome shot, but the PA should have spent a little time squaring the uniforms, and moving those with incorrect configurations to the back to hide their sins.

A photo with a prominent national figure like that is bound to appear in a lot of places, and be nit-picked to death.

You are quite right.  But "someone" did the best they could, given there were pushy parents everywhere demanding "Cadet Bobby and Cadet Suzy" get in the picture with the T-bird despite their uniform inadequacies.
Judy LaValley, Maj, CAP
Asst. DCP, LAWG
SWR-LA-001
GRW #2753

DNall

Quote from: Fifinella on May 02, 2007, 03:32:44 PM
Quote from: Eclipse on May 01, 2007, 02:06:52 PM

You are quite right.  But "someone" did the best they could, given there were pushy parents everywhere demanding "Cadet Bobby and Cadet Suzy" get in the picture with the T-bird despite their uniform inadequacies.
Hopefully you square that stuff away in general versus just for pics, just take the picture & document reality, then photoshop some bits of blue here & there if need be to make it look right.

Eclipse

Quote from: BillB on May 01, 2007, 10:55:59 PM
You also see cadet with no cover, no name tag plus a gig line off. A senior member with gray slacks golf shirt and "running shoes"????

And how long were they all baking in the sun - almost all of them have sunburn or windburn on their faces....

"That Others May Zoom"

Eagle400

If you look closely at the first photo, you'll notice that the lieutenant standing in the back (3rd from the right) is wearing a metal 2d Lt bar on his BDU cap.  He is also wearing a military badge on the flap of the left pocket.  Both are no-go's.     

I know that the purpose of this thread was not to pick photos apart, but there is a difference between someone who does not have all their uniform items and someone who has unauthorized items.  The latter is worse, in my opinion.  YMMV.   

LtCol White

I noticed that as well. He is just back in CAP as a senior. He just got out of the army.  Has already been addressed.
LtCol David P. White CAP   
HQ LAWG

BillB

I think picking the pictures apart serves two purposes.
1. It gives people a chance to see what might be wrong with their uniform so they can correct it.
2. It shows PAO's they need to project the best image of CAP by having correct uniforms.
Granted maybe they were out in the sun all day. But the PAO should have tried to place people in front in correct uniforms and the other "hidden" behind them.
I learned alot from CadetStuff "funny uniforms" to be able to correct my uniform and show cadets what they were doing wrong so they could correct them. .
Gil Robb Wilson # 19
Gil Robb Wilson # 104

Becks

Yup youre darn right there are uniform mistakes in the photos I posted.  A majority of those cadets are brand new and do not have the proper accoutrements for their blues, but were requested to not wear BDU's.  For those not having either they wore civies as witnessed in the back.  In regards to the SM wearing tennis shoes, as I recall he had just gotten off work (AF maintenance SSgt) or some other reason, wasnt my call on what he wore.  I guess by process of elimination that leaves who I am in the photo.

"Lighten up Francis..."

BBATW

LtCol White

Again, picking apart the pics is not what this thread is for.
LtCol David P. White CAP   
HQ LAWG

Becks

Quote from: LtCol White on May 02, 2007, 11:16:57 PM
Again, picking apart the pics is not what this thread is for.
Amen sir, I'm just happy the cadets could experience the MCAS, especially after the Blue Angel's tragedy the day before.

BBATW

LtCol White

I will say it again, the point of this thread is to post fun and cool pics of cadets at airshows. If you want to pick apart things, go play in the other threads. I'm sure if I walked into your squadron tonight, I could find plenty of uniform issues there to pick apart. So...unless your house is in PERFECT order (which it isn't) then check out the log in your own eye before pointing out the splinter in someone elses. In other words, GET OVER YOURSELF

THAT being said, lets start seeing the pics !!! Becks, thanks for yours.
LtCol David P. White CAP   
HQ LAWG

RiverAux

Sorry, this is what you started off the thread with:
QuoteLets start showing off some cool pics of your cadets at airshows. These are great for recruiting pamphlets and websites.
So, you are advocating the use of photos posted here for public affairs purposes and if the people pictured are not in proper uniform they should not be used for that purpose.  So, you left it open to discuss these issues. 

LtCol White

Quote from: RiverAux on May 03, 2007, 12:13:48 AM
Sorry, this is what you started off the thread with:
QuoteLets start showing off some cool pics of your cadets at airshows. These are great for recruiting pamphlets and websites.
So, you are advocating the use of photos posted here for public affairs purposes and if the people pictured are not in proper uniform they should not be used for that purpose.  So, you left it open to discuss these issues. 

I know what I said when I started the thread, thank you. Of course, not ALL photos can be used for one reason or another.  I never said to ONLY submit perfect photos. Folks could pick and choose any photos they wanted (with permission of the poster) to be used for recruiting. The point of the thread is to "show off cool pics of your cadets at airshows" and that some are useful. Those with errors are just fun to see for what they are. As DNALL said, some errors can be photoshop cleaned up to make them useful. eg..adding name strips where they are missing.
LtCol David P. White CAP   
HQ LAWG

Eagle400

Quote from: LtCol White on May 03, 2007, 12:31:51 AMAs DNALL said, some errors can be photoshop cleaned up to make them useful. eg..adding name strips where they are missing.

This seems to be the latest trend from National Headquarters.  Just look at the CAPM 39-1!  And they're not very good photoshop edits, either.

Photoshop is a wonderful thing, and the end product looks wonderful... IF you're an expert at it!

LtCol White

Quote from: 12211985 on May 03, 2007, 12:43:16 AM
Quote from: LtCol White on May 03, 2007, 12:31:51 AMAs DNALL said, some errors can be photoshop cleaned up to make them useful. eg..adding name strips where they are missing.

This seems to be the latest trend from National Headquarters.  Just look at the CAPM 39-1!  And they're not very good photoshop edits, either.

Photoshop is a wonderful thing, and the end product looks wonderful... IF you're an expert at it!

Exactly. It has to be done right. And of course, its easier when the alterations made are minor..like adding a small name tape.
LtCol David P. White CAP   
HQ LAWG

fyrfitrmedic

Kee-ripes - I thought the nitpicking on fire/EMS magazine forums and in the letters-to-the-editor columns were bad.

If half the effort some put into nitpicking got put into something a bit more constructive... think of the dividends!
MAJ Tony Rowley CAP
Lansdowne PA USA
"The passion of rescue reveals the highest dynamic of the human soul." -- Kurt Hahn

LtCol White

Quote from: fyrfitrmedic on May 03, 2007, 03:24:47 AM
Kee-ripes - I thought the nitpicking on fire/EMS magazine forums and in the letters-to-the-editor columns were bad.

If half the effort some put into nitpicking got put into something a bit more constructive... think of the dividends!

THANK YOU!!!
LtCol David P. White CAP   
HQ LAWG