Survey for CAC Proposal being written

Started by C/JoeP, February 17, 2015, 05:38:10 PM

C/JoeP

Reply yes or no: Have you ever taken an open-book CAP test without critically reading and studying all the related materials first?. Please be incredibly honest, and remember that the results are anonymous

DoubleSecret

It's hardly anonymous if one is a known poster, is it?

Capt Thompson

Set up a survey monkey survey or google form and post the link. If you do a google form you can have the results auto populate on a spreadsheet.
Capt Matt Thompson
Deputy Commander for Cadets, Historian, Public Affairs Officer

Mitchell - 31 OCT 98 (#44670) Earhart - 1 OCT 00 (#11401)

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: C/JoeP on February 17, 2015, 05:38:10 PM
Reply yes or no: Have you ever taken an open-book CAP test without critically reading and studying all the related materials first?. Please be incredibly honest, and remember that the results are anonymous

I'm a testing officer. Let me answer that for you: Yes, cadets do it all the time.

What's the point of this survey? CAC proposal to change back to the old system?

As many others, I was against this policy at first, but lets face it, breeze all you want, but the milestones will stump you (and so will your performance as a cadet leader).

RangerConlin

Agreed.  It's very obvious who skims the tests just to pass and who actually works on it.

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: RangerConlin on February 17, 2015, 06:53:59 PM
Agreed.  It's very obvious who skims the tests just to pass and who actually works on it.

Being a product of L2KB, The L2L books were new to me.

I was able to (as a SM TO) take the online tests with the .PDFs open and the search function:
L1: 84%
L2: 96% (results at 10:06)
L3: 92% (results at 10:25)

Those last 2 were done same day.

But I bet the WBA would make me pause without actually reading the material. ;)

LSThiker

Quote from: C/JoeP on February 17, 2015, 05:38:10 PM

I was not subject to the open-book CAP tests so I cannot say regarding to that.  However, I will be honest and say that I have done it plenty of times.  Especially when it comes to mandatory training tests for my hospital or the Army.  Usually I already know the material well enough that it is not necessary. 

CadetSnuffy

Although I would not recommend it... yes, I took one of the aerospace modules, "space environment" without reading the material first. To my defense, I already knew everything presented in the module anyway. (and happened to get a 100% on the test) I would never survive doing the same for any of the leadership tests though. It is never a good idea to skip reading the material, even if you know you can pass anyway. Doing so robs you of additional learning. You can never know enough.
There are two types of countries, those that use the metric system, then that one that has been to the moon.

Holding Pattern

Quote from: S/M Thompson on February 17, 2015, 06:12:06 PM
Set up a survey monkey survey or google form and post the link. If you do a google form you can have the results auto populate on a spreadsheet.

In an effort to remind people that we have access to REALLY COOL TOOLS!, I've created the survey using Google Forms.

Survey

Storm Chaser

You're missing an important follow up question on your survey.

"If so, did you pass?"

Майор Хаткевич