Main Menu

NESA Scholarships

Started by husker, January 26, 2015, 05:35:22 PM

husker

Hopefully members have heard that applications are being accepted for the 2015 National Emergency Services Academy.  I do want to put in a plug for our scholarship programs here on this forum.

NESA provides two types of scholarships.

• The Alumni Scholarship is granted to those needy members to attend one session of their choice.  Though it varies each year, we generally provide a handful of this type.
  • The Kitchen Scholarship allows a member to work in the kitchen for one session, then attend the other session free of charge.   Which session spent in class and which in the kitchen is determined by the NESA staff.  We generally aim for 18 or so kitchen scholarships each year, but for the past several years, I've had difficulty finding qualified applicants for the kitchen scholarship.

Both types of scholarships are available for both cadet and seniors members. Scholarship applications are uploaded during the NESA application process. 

If you have any members who would be interested in the scholarships, please have them apply.  Any questions can be directed to my email below.
Michael Long, Lt Col CAP
Deputy Director, National Emergency Services Academy
nesa.cap.gov
mlong (at) nesa.cap.gov