Wear Blues on Anniversary?

Started by LegoXman7, December 01, 2014, 04:08:54 AM

LSThiker

He has repeated stated that he was asking.  Never did he state that he planned on wearing the uniform without permission.  I think what he was asking is to make sure there was not an already "established custom or guidance" that allowed members to wear the uniform on 01 Dec without commander's permission.  Similar to the "First Sabbath" custom for chaplains, CDIs, etc, which does not appear in CAPM 39-1.  That only appears in CAPP 221A, IRC. 

Granted, he should have planned better, but he already admitted to that he did not plan correctly.  So I think people just need to relax a little.

LegoXman7

Quote from: LSThiker on December 01, 2014, 07:16:13 PM
He has repeated stated that he was asking.  Never did he state that he planned on wearing the uniform without permission.  I think what he was asking is to make sure there was not an already "established custom or guidance" that allowed members to wear the uniform on 01 Dec without commander's permission.  Similar to the "First Sabbath" custom for chaplains, CDIs, etc, which does not appear in CAPM 39-1.  That only appears in CAPP 221A, IRC. 

Granted, he should have planned better, but he already admitted to that he did not plan correctly.  So I think people just need to relax a little.
Yes, this is exactly what happened! Thank you for understanding what I said!
C/MSgt JAY NULPH, Jr, CAP
Fl-116 Cadet First Sergeant

AlphaSigOU

Is the dogpile over? Then carry on...
Lt Col Charles E. (Chuck) Corway, CAP
Gill Robb Wilson Award (#2901 - 2011)
Amelia Earhart Award (#1257 - 1982) - C/Major (retired)
Billy Mitchell Award (#2375 - 1981)
Administrative/Personnel/Professional Development Officer
Nellis Composite Squadron (PCR-NV-069)
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

Eclipse

Quote from: AlphaSigOU on December 01, 2014, 08:40:07 PM
Is the dogpile over? Then carry on...

Yeah, I gotta go with AlphaSigOU on it this time.  Sometimes they are deserved, but don't see it here.

"That Others May Zoom"

lordmonar

Sorry all.

Seemed too much like a cadet was looking to justify what he was going to do anyway.

I was reading too much into his posts....and I apologize.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

AlphaSigOU

Yea... we CAPTalk regulars are guilty at times for dogpiling on a smack, beanhead, plebe, knob, rat, doolie, pledge, newbie... although some really deserve getting the internet beatdown!  >:D   ;D
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

PHall

Quote from: AlphaSigOU on December 01, 2014, 09:42:48 PM
Yea... we CAPTalk regulars are guilty at times for dogpiling on a smack, beanhead, plebe, knob, rat, doolie, pledge, newbie... although some really deserve getting the internet beatdown!  >:D   ;D

You know, you were sentenced to exile on an island for a couple of years before. We can make it happen again!!! :o

AlphaSigOU

Quote from: PHall on December 02, 2014, 12:05:19 AM
Quote from: AlphaSigOU on December 01, 2014, 09:42:48 PM

You know, you were sentenced to exile on an island for a couple of years before. We can make it happen again!!! :o

Three years an inmate of "Kwajatraz Federal Penitentiary"... :D
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

The CyBorg is destroyed

"Piling on" the Cadet was not what I intended; I thought MSgt Harris advised him well and wanted to support that and add my own opinions.

However, I did note that if his CC responded to him to go from there.  I had noticed that he had several communication attempts with his CC.

But, as with MSgt Harris, I offer my own apologies where needed.
Exiled from GLR-MI-011