How to locate membership status?

Started by mynetdude, July 16, 2014, 04:22:35 PM

mynetdude

Quote from: lordmonar on September 12, 2014, 12:41:30 AM
mynetdue........what really is the problem?

Either you are suspended or you are not.

Either way you are not a member of the squadron as you got moved to the 000 unit.

If you are not suspended....then you are a member with out a squadron.   You may do what any other CAP member can do.

At this point, your point of contact is either the wing commander (who is in theory in charge of the 000 unit) or find a new squadron and get transferred there.

so.....for four pages you have been belly aching looking for CAPTALKERs to say "you are right and they are wrong", but none of matter at all in this situation.

If your intention is to return to the squadron when the CC moves on.......then wait for the change of command and get the new commander to transfer you back to the squadron.

If your intention is to get your chain of command into trouble....then make your complaint to the appropriate commander/IG and move on.

All this belly aching on CAPTALK is just noise.

Don't be such a pansy...

1st of all; no I am not looking for anyone to agree, and I don't need them to agree because IAW with the regulations I'm right I don't have to get them to validate who is right and who is wrong!

it was 3 pages until 2.5 months ago... sheesh seriously... shush until you can read this entire thread; I have waited until the old CC has moved on; the new CC isn't exactly willing to just transfer me back right away has he has no obligation to do so and I am not asking whether that is right or wrong either that isn't even the question at hand so buzz off.

mynetdude

Quote from: THRAWN on September 12, 2014, 02:05:48 AM
Quote from: lordmonar on September 12, 2014, 12:41:30 AM
mynetdue........what really is the problem?

Either you are suspended or you are not.

Either way you are not a member of the squadron as you got moved to the 000 unit.

If you are not suspended....then you are a member with out a squadron.   You may do what any other CAP member can do.

At this point, your point of contact is either the wing commander (who is in theory in charge of the 000 unit) or find a new squadron and get transferred there.

so.....for four pages you have been belly aching looking for CAPTALKERs to say "you are right and they are wrong", but none of matter at all in this situation.

If your intention is to return to the squadron when the CC moves on.......then wait for the change of command and get the new commander to transfer you back to the squadron.

If your intention is to get your chain of command into trouble....then make your complaint to the appropriate commander/IG and move on.

All this belly aching on CAPTALK is just noise.

Sergeant Harris pretty much summed this up. Find out if you're suspended. Use your CoC. Don't come here and ask questions that can't be answered. If you're in the 000 (I've been there...between assignments....it took about 40 seconds to get out after finding a new role...), find a new unit. His advice about the IG is dead on. Griping here will not solve your problem.

Great I wish it were that simple, it'll take me 40 lifetimes... get over it!

Quote from: jimmydeanno on September 12, 2014, 03:21:55 AM
I haven't looked at the membership regs in quite a while, but I'm pretty sure that if you are actually "suspended" you were supposed to have received something in writing, through certified mail stating such, as well as information about your right to appeal.  So if someone has said that you are "suspended" and hasn't followed the proper procedure for doing so...well...that's a different deal.

You're absolutely right; and I've made that perfectly clear to the new CC

Quote from: Spaceman3750 on September 12, 2014, 03:29:01 AM
LSCode A has nothing to do with active status vs suspended. It indicates that a member has passed their FBI background check. Brand new SMs will not show this code until their check completes, nor will cadets. From what I understand it's equivalent to the leadership code on the old MML, though I can't say I've ever seen one.

Ok... really? Then how do I know if I'm suspended; IAW to 35-1 it says that if you're suspended you do not have access to eServices; but PHall says he's had access to eServices during his suspension so maybe that was before the regs was updated to include eServices; back in the days before eServices IIRC from other comments others have made; a 2A was put in your file and you got told you were suspended with a copy of your 2A to indicate it whether they gave it to you in person or via certified mail.

All I'm trying to do is here is figure out what makes sense and what doesn't; I can't go to my CoC; my wing commander won't talk to me he just defers me to his VC whom is also biased and thinks that I want to get my own way I cannot trust anyone at the wing level and right now there's no basis for an IG complaint at the next higher level at this point IMO; I am not going to throw out an F30 at a region IG just because I want to get somebody in trouble, there's no need for that unless I have a valid reasonable legit reason so a commander who just wants to make sure he is doing everything IAW with the best interest of CAP I can't fault him for doing that and not going to go to IG because he is being overly protective.

lordmonar

And you wonder why you got suspended....even if your old commander did not do it right.

Okay....this is me buzzing off.

Good night.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

mynetdude

Quote from: lordmonar on September 12, 2014, 05:13:21 AM
And you wonder why you got suspended....even if your old commander did not do it right.

Okay....this is me buzzing off.

Good night.

I'm just going to laugh; that's probably why you don't do so well at CAP either with your kind of 'tude :P

Eclipse

Quote from: mynetdude on September 12, 2014, 04:47:04 AM
All I'm trying to do is here is figure out what makes sense and what doesn't;

You're not suspended and you're in 000 as an active member, happens all the time for various reasons. 

End of discussion and investigation.

I can't go to my CoC; my wing commander won't talk to me he just defers me to his VC whom is also biased and thinks that I want to get my own way I cannot trust anyone at the wing level and right now there's no basis for an IG complaint at the next higher level at this point IMO; I am not going to throw out an F30 at a region IG just because I want to get somebody in trouble, there's no need for that unless I have a valid reasonable legit reason so a commander who just wants to make sure he is doing everything IAW with the best interest of CAP I can't fault him for doing that and not going to go to IG because he is being overly protective.

With no legitimate basis for, nor willingness to file, a complaint, you are done.

"That Others May Zoom"

JeffDG

Quote from: Eclipse on September 12, 2014, 01:00:59 PM
With no legitimate basis for, nor willingness to file, a complaint, you are done.

With no legitimate basis for, willingness to file is irrelevant.

Far too many people don't understand the purpose of the IG.  The IG is not an alternate commander who recommends to commanders how to exercise their discretion.  They're not mediators who resolve disputes.  They investigate violations of the regulations on the basis of evidence. 

If you disagree with what a commander's done, that's not an IG issue.  If the commander has violated the regulations, it MAY be an issue, however, you still need evidence of a violation.  Even so, the IG does not "fix" the issue, their role is to report the issue to the Wing (or higher) commander along with an assessment of the factual basis for the violation.

I strongly recommend that members go and take the IG Basic Course in LMS.  Aside from then being able to lend a hand on SUIs, it gives a really good overview of how the IG program actually works.

MSG Mac

Seems to me you were put into 000 at your own request when you  submitted the letter to your previous CC announcing your "resignation" from the unit. If the new CC is leery about accepting you into the Squadron, find another one-unless you've burned all your bridges within commuting distance.
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member

mynetdude

All I'm trying to do is here is figure out what makes sense and what doesn't;

You're not suspended and you're in 000 as an active member, happens all the time for various reasons. 

End of discussion and investigation.

I can't go to my CoC; my wing commander won't talk to me he just defers me to his VC whom is also biased and thinks that I want to get my own way I cannot trust anyone at the wing level and right now there's no basis for an IG complaint at the next higher level at this point IMO; I am not going to throw out an F30 at a region IG just because I want to get somebody in trouble, there's no need for that unless I have a valid reasonable legit reason so a commander who just wants to make sure he is doing everything IAW with the best interest of CAP I can't fault him for doing that and not going to go to IG because he is being overly protective.

Oh, but I am willing; just not for the wrong reasons.

mynetdude

Quote from: JeffDG on September 12, 2014, 01:18:25 PM

With no legitimate basis for, willingness to file is irrelevant.

Far too many people don't understand the purpose of the IG.  The IG is not an alternate commander who recommends to commanders how to exercise their discretion.  They're not mediators who resolve disputes.  They investigate violations of the regulations on the basis of evidence. 

If you disagree with what a commander's done, that's not an IG issue.  If the commander has violated the regulations, it MAY be an issue, however, you still need evidence of a violation.  Even so, the IG does not "fix" the issue, their role is to report the issue to the Wing (or higher) commander along with an assessment of the factual basis for the violation.

I strongly recommend that members go and take the IG Basic Course in LMS.  Aside from then being able to lend a hand on SUIs, it gives a really good overview of how the IG program actually works.

Yeah that's why I can't/won't file an IG complaint because I don't have any basis for a complaint as so far nothing has violated any regulations and even if there are regulatory violations, I don't have any proof so therefore I cannot use the IG for any other means.

mynetdude

Quote from: MSG Mac on September 12, 2014, 02:29:44 PM
Seems to me you were put into 000 at your own request when you  submitted the letter to your previous CC announcing your "resignation" from the unit. If the new CC is leery about accepting you into the Squadron, find another one-unless you've burned all your bridges within commuting distance.

Yes its correct I did; it wasn't my intention, and it was too late to ask how I should resign so I wouldn't be transferred.  I could transfer to another unit not too far from me, but due to various reasons of my own I am not ready to transfer to that unit until I've satisfactorily met my personal needs which could take a year or more and at that point I may already be moving to another state anyway which at that point I may have already let my membership lapse far enough that I would be required to start over completely (which would be fine really) before moving back to my home state again.

And FWIW I suppose the only thing I can do is file a complaint to IG if someone is preventing me from actively participating in CAP when I am not even suspended; HOWEVER I'd have to have PROOF, I am not the kind of person who is going to point a finger at someone with an empty bowl.

MacGruff

Going a bit off topic here, but I am curious how the assignment change from a squadron to the 000 squadron takes place. Is this something that the commander or personnel officer does?

MSG Mac

Quote from: MacGruff on September 12, 2014, 05:12:30 PM

Going a bit off topic here, but I am curious how the assignment change from a squadron to the 000 squadron takes place. Is this something that the commander or personnel officer does?
As simple as going into E-Services, Personnel Actions and initiating the transfer. Takes 30 seconds.
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member

lordmonar

the commander would direct the personnel officer to start it.  The transfer would actually have to be b done at wing as you can only transfer in to a squadron not out.

lordmonar

A note on the IG system.   The complainant does not have to have "proof" that they have a complaint.  It is the IG's job to find the proof

MSG Mac

Quote from: lordmonar on September 12, 2014, 05:41:10 PM

the commander would direct the personnel officer to start it.  The transfer would actually have to be b done at wing as you can only transfer in to a squadron not out.

Must be different for 000 because I was able to transfer over a dozen a few months ago.
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member

mynetdude

Quote from: lordmonar on September 12, 2014, 05:43:22 PM
A note on the IG system.   The complainant does not have to have "proof" that they have a complaint.  It is the IG's job to find the proof

Ah I had the impression the complainant had to have proof, after all they are the ones pointing the fingers they obviously either don't like something or see something legitimately wrong and the last IG I talked to told me that I needed to cite every regulation that pertains to the complaint on the CAPF 30 so I assumed I needed proof otherwise I could have continued my ADA discrimination to the EOO (of course they found my findings baseless which I don't agree with but hey... that's kinda moot now).

As for the suspension... that's all been cleared up as of 10 minutes ago :D

mynetdude

Quote from: MSG Mac on September 12, 2014, 05:45:21 PM
Quote from: lordmonar on September 12, 2014, 05:41:10 PM

Must be different for 000 because I was able to transfer over a dozen a few months ago.

I don't think so; since I am in 000 the only way to get out of it is that wing has to push a button but for them to DO that someone from the squadron (usually the squadron CC) has to tell DP to push a button (or the wing CC).

Squadron to squadron transfers don't have this issue because there's a CC on the other end; 000 doesn't have a CC technically.

lordmonar

Last time we did a 000 transfer we had to call wing to do it.   But maybe your wing does it differently

mynetdude

Quote from: lordmonar on September 12, 2014, 05:55:26 PM
Last time we did a 000 transfer we had to call wing to do it.   But maybe your wing does it differently

I don't think its automatic, but yes the squadron CC still had to call the wing DP or CC to tell them to accept the transfer just as they would for receiving a member from 000 as well.

Eclipse

A transfer from any unit requires no intervention by the
current CC. 000 is no different.

"That Others May Zoom"