How to locate membership status?

Started by mynetdude, July 16, 2014, 04:22:35 PM

lordmonar

Quote from: Eclipse on July 16, 2014, 09:53:25 PM
If your letter actually "resigned" from CAP, then as mentioned, that requires a personnel action by the CC, but does not
trigger any automatic transfer to 000 or anywhere else.  In fact, doing so could be construed as an attempt to circumvent
the appeals process for a 2B, which always starts at the next highest level from the termination. (Though in the case of a voluntary termination action,
the assumption would be there would be no appeals.)  There's no such thing as a "temporary" resignation.  You're either in or out.

Bottom line, this sounds like a personality clash where the CC is playing games to make you go away.
There is no appeal for a voluntary 2b.   Fill out the form/letter, turn in your CAP proprty and your CAP ID card and you are out.

If you change your mind later you have to rejoin as a returning member, which in theory would include a new membership board.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

mynetdude

Quote from: Storm Chaser on July 16, 2014, 09:51:42 PM
If you resigned from a staff position and not from the squadron, then your commander could leave you in the unit. But if you resigned from the unit, then you're telling your commander that you either can't remain in the unit or don't wish to continue being a part of that squadron. That's not the same as just not coming to meetings anymore. Furthermore, there's really no resigning a squadron without going to another unit (in this case the 000 inactive unit). You just can't have it both ways.

Finally, context is everything. It doesn't seem that you have a good grasp of CAP membership process and without knowing the context of your resignation, we can't really determine whether your commander's actions were appropriate and warranted.

After reading your explanation; that actually makes sense and you're right because I did word it that I resign from the squadron.  Good point, I could have worded it that I resign from my duty positions though that would have kept me in the squadron (supposedly?)

Eclipse

Quote from: mynetdude on July 16, 2014, 10:42:11 PM
After reading your explanation; that actually makes sense and you're right because I did word it that I resign from the squadron.  Good point, I could have worded it that I resign from my duty positions though that would have kept me in the squadron (supposedly?)

In theory, though again it sounds like there was more then just a "I'm gonna take a break from this for a while...".

Unless there is a real conflict, it's pretty unusual for a CC to assume a relief from duty is also a request for transfer.

"That Others May Zoom"

mynetdude

Quote from: Eclipse on July 16, 2014, 10:51:21 PM
Quote from: mynetdude on July 16, 2014, 10:42:11 PM

In theory, though again it sounds like there was more then just a "I'm gonna take a break from this for a while...".

Unless there is a real conflict, it's pretty unusual for a CC to assume a relief from duty is also a request for transfer.

Let me be clear; I'm not trying to hide anything, I am trying to be truthful without divulging enough information and if I was causing trouble do you think I'd come here? (ok maybe I would, I'd spin things a bit).

So, I did word it that I intended to resign from the squadron (when my actual intent was to actually take a break but not transfer). I didn't word it that I wanted to be relieved of all my duties (he pretty much did all that for me without telling me before I said I was going to resign and then I promoted the resignation email to the CC).

Eclipse

I'm not implying you're hiding anything, I'm saying that in the normal course, a member in otherwise good
standing, stepping down from a given staff job, is not wholesale wiped off the board and pushed to 000.

So it's either a huge miscommunication all the way around, or somebody wasn't getting along.

Now, with that said, if I had a marginally active member who came to me out of the blue and said "I resign from the unit."
I might just be inclined to accept the situation and move on, especially if I was otherwise cleaning house, but
if someone I depended on came up to me and said "I resign from the unit." There'd be a "whhha?" attached to the response.

It doesn't matter, the results are the same.  If you intend to come back to the squadron, a note to the
wing CC or wing Personnel Officer in this regard, requesting that you >not< be made a patron member in the interim,
might not be a bad idea.  Assuming he's not cognizant of the situation, most wings place members into Patron
within a month or so to keep them off of various reports for currency.

Right now, coming out of 000 is 2 clicks, coming out from patron is a few more.  No point in going there for nothing.

"That Others May Zoom"

mynetdude

Quote from: Eclipse on July 16, 2014, 11:08:29 PM
I'm not implying you're hiding anything, I'm saying that in the normal course, a member in otherwise good
standing, stepping down from a given staff job, is not wholesale wiped off the board and pushed to 000.

So it's either a huge miscommunication all the way around, or somebody wasn't getting along.

Now, with that said, if I had a marginally active member who came to me out of the blue and said "I resign from the unit."
I might just be inclined to accept the situation and move on, especially if I was otherwise cleaning house, but
if someone I depended on came up to me and said "I resign from the unit." There'd be a "whhha?" attached to the response.

It doesn't matter, the results are the same.  If you intend to come back to the squadron, a note to the
wing CC or wing Personnel Officer in this regard, requesting that you >not< be made a patron member in the interim,
might not be a bad idea.  Assuming he's not cognizant of the situation, most wings place members into Patron
within a month or so to keep them off of various reports for currency.

Right now, coming out of 000 is 2 clicks, coming out from patron is a few more.  No point in going there for nothing.

Don't worry I just wanted to be clear I wasn't hiding anything, not saying you were implying anything; anything's possible on either side can't disagree with that.

I agree miscommunication is the #1 chief problem in this situation.  And as you pointed out two possible scenarios; I figured the latter would've happened but that was my mistake I should have seen that coming as well.

As for noting my intentions to the wing CC/personnel/whatever I did make my intentions aware through another squadron CC who was asked by the wing CC to ask me (because the wing CC won't talk to me directly to prevent his judgement being unbiased or whatever/have you). 

I should know in a few days whether I'll even get to transfer back or not, if not then its a done deal anyway and I could care less.

Luis R. Ramos

Mynet-

You asked about the meaning of HWSRN.

A few years ago, about ten or so we had a National Commander who implemented a few things that members did not like. He did so because he was the National Commander and knew better. Better than the Air Force. Better than CAP-USAF! He also I believe gave himself a raise as a three-star general without USAF authorization. And someone uncovered irregularities in testing administration...

After all that, no one here, or almost no one wants to hear his name. So they refer to his reign, yes reign as he thought he was king and could do no wrong as some kings used to say, members refer to him as He Who Shall Remain Nameless, as an obvious play-in-words reference to the Harry Potter series and Lord Valdemoort.

This is what I remember, but I could be wrong, I have been wrong in many many things. Eclipse, Nin, Lord and others who have been members for a while please add or correct my stuff...
Squadron Safety Officer
Squadron Communication Officer
Squadron Emergency Services Officer

lordmonar

Quote from: Luis R. Ramos on July 17, 2014, 01:49:12 AMHe also I believe gave himself a raise as a three-star general without USAF authorization.
No...sorry that is one thing he did not do. (another National Commander promoted himself to two stars...but that was 20 years ago (give or take).

Quote[/b]And someone uncovered irregularities in testing administration...
His co-conspirator outed the National Commander, after the National Commander refused to quash a 2b proceeding.

But, yes He Who Shall Not Be Named became a joke when we were talking about MGen Pineda.

RogueLeader

Quote from: lordmonar on July 17, 2014, 02:37:07 AM
Quote from: Luis R. Ramos on July 17, 2014, 01:49:12 AMHe also I believe gave himself a raise as a three-star general without USAF authorization.
No...sorry that is one thing he did not do. (another National Commander promoted himself to two stars...but that was 20 years ago (give or take).

His co-conspirator outed the National Commander, after the National Commander refused to quash a 2b proceeding.

But, yes He Who Shall Not Be Named became a joke when we were talking about THEN MGen Pineda.

Fixed.
That former member holds the "grade" of SMWOG.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

lordmonar

Quote from: RogueLeader on July 17, 2014, 02:44:43 AM
Quote from: lordmonar on July 17, 2014, 02:37:07 AM

But, yes He Who Shall Not Be Named became a joke when we were talking about THEN MGen Pineda.

Fixed.
That former member holds the "grade" of SMWOG.
I'm not really sure if the actually demoted him....I'm not even sure if they 2b'ed him.     I do know that the BoG spoke and he was removed from command and was no longer a member of CAP.

How that happened....i.e. if the actually did the paper work, if he resigned or they just "made" it happen in EServices......I don't know for sure.

SarDragon

Before he disappeared from eServices, his rank was SM.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

lordmonar

Quote from: SarDragon on July 17, 2014, 04:01:27 AM
Not doubting you Dave....but what is your source for that information? 

a2capt

I saw it, too. In fact.. there was a little more inside joke for a bit.. I wonder if I still have the screen shot ;-)

SarDragon

Quote from: lordmonar on July 17, 2014, 04:06:46 AM

I looked him up one day, not too long after he got canned as CC, and he was listed as SM. I don't recall making a screen grab. His CAWG buddy also showed up as SM around the same time.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
C/WO, CAP, Ret

lordmonar

mynetdude

Quote from: SarDragon on July 17, 2014, 05:33:01 AM
Quote from: lordmonar on July 17, 2014, 04:06:46 AM

I looked him up one day, not too long after he got canned as CC, and he was listed as SM. I don't recall making a screen grab. His CAWG buddy also showed up as SM around the same time.

LOL you guys have so many acronyms that have nothing to do with CAP but the person in CAP itself who shall remain nameless; yes I know who you're talking about that was a very interesting time.

wasn't his CAWG buddy the one who called him on the irregularities?

Anyway... I just needed to know whether 000 was patron automatic, I think it was mentioned but maybe it wasn't clear in my recent past thread but I do intend to see if the next commander will let me back in; of course I could go to another squadron which I am not interested in.  So we'll see, and thanks for your time answering my question it was only fair I answer truthfully otherwise why waste your time?

And good info here nonetheless thanks again guys :)

Lord of the North

CAPR 39-2 para 1-11.  Commanders may initiate transfers for those members under their command to other units under their command. In the event a member objects to such transfer, the request will be forwarded to the commander of the next higher echelon for final decision.

SarDragon

Quote from: mynetdude on July 17, 2014, 05:58:05 AM
wasn't his CAWG buddy the one who called him on the irregularities?

No, his fink was a Florida buddy, IIRC.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
C/WO, CAP, Ret

LATORRECA

Interesting. I keep learning more and more. . >:D

mynetdude

Quote from: Lord of the North on July 17, 2014, 06:41:55 AM
CAPR 39-2 para 1-11.  Commanders may initiate transfers for those members under their command to other units under their command. In the event a member objects to such transfer, the request will be forwarded to the commander of the next higher echelon for final decision.

yes but generally 000 isn't under the purview of the squadron CC; but you are right I could have objected to the transfer (although I did question the transfer, again it was the "wording" of my resignation that caused a transfer to happen... oh wells big oops I'll get transferred back hopefully.