Contacting National Headquarters

Started by slimshady, June 30, 2014, 07:02:38 PM

slimshady

he dissed me by calling me a rat i dont care what rank you are i have no respect for someone calling me a rat and spattzmom i did not call out my commander and i dont care about your threats u cant do anything to me

Maj. Joe Mora

Quote from: cdbz20 on June 30, 2014, 09:59:48 PM
he dissed me by calling me a rat i dont care what rank you are i have no respect for someone calling me a rat and spattzmom i did not call out my commander and i dont care about your threats u cant do anything to me

But I can.

stop this now.
Commander
089th MacDill Aviation Cadet Squadron
Civil Air Patrol
United States Air Force Auxiliary
8104 Condor Street, BLDG 38
Mac Dill AFB, FL 33621

spaatzmom

:)Oh this is getting funny.  There have been no threats what so ever.  Please go re read your initial post and a few others where you did call out your commander.

Garibaldi

I believe his exact wording was "I smell a rat" as opposed to "Hey, there's a rat!" At any rate, yes, there are a lot of things that can be done. Don't forget that there are many, many people we can contact and your career in CAP will come to an abrupt and unpleasant close. It's what happens when we old people make friends in the 25+ years we have in the program, making friends and contacts.

Don't piss us off. Oh, too late.  >:D
Still a major after all these years.
ES dude, leadership ossifer, publik affaires
Opinionated and wrong 99% of the time about all things

Eclipse

My my, the threshold of the word "threat" is certainly low these days, isn't it?

Point out practical reality to a young man and the next thing you know he's being threatened.

SM Collier - you posted here, in the open, with your full contact information and unit, you asked if
a CC has the authority to do something, and we pointed out that, in fact, he does.

We then suggested your universe would be considerably less dramatic if you used proper grammar and
punctuation, and you don't want to hear that.

So be it, no one here is surprised you're having issues with something that should be fairly simple to
accomplish, or that you circumvented the chain because you "know better", or for that matter that you
are apparently a college student who recently returned to CAP as a senior member, the behavior speaks for itself,
which should be indicator enough for you what the right vector is.

"That Others May Zoom"

The CyBorg is destroyed

Quote from: ddbz20 on June 30, 2014, 09:59:48 PM

You don't care about rank?  You had better be sure you tack "SIR" or "MA'AM" or correct rank title onto the end of that when you say anything to a superior officer/NCO.

Nobody has threatened you, but as Colonel Bagley and Captain Mora have told you, so do I: "KNOCK IT OFF.  END IT NOW."

You do NOT know who is viewing this board and it could come home and bite you in the empennage.
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

Garibaldi

Quote from: Capt. Joe Mora on June 30, 2014, 10:03:14 PM

But I can.

stop this now.

Ouch. That's gotta sting some.

ColonelJack

But I can.

stop this now.

THAT'S gonna leave a mark.

Jack
Jack Bagley, Ed. D.
Lt. Col., CAP (now inactive)
Gill Robb Wilson Award No. 1366, 29 Nov 1991
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
Honorary Admiral, Navy of the Republic of Molossia

AlphaSigOU

Quote from: Garibaldi on June 30, 2014, 10:07:29 PM

But I can.

stop this now.

Ouch. That's gotta sting some.

Methinks he got a 'Slammer' up his six. (And that warhead does some serious damage when it hits...!)
Lt Col Charles E. (Chuck) Corway, CAP
Gill Robb Wilson Award (#2901 - 2011)
Amelia Earhart Award (#1257 - 1982) - C/Major (retired)
Billy Mitchell Award (#2375 - 1981)
Administrative/Personnel/Professional Development Officer
Nellis Composite Squadron (PCR-NV-069)
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

slimshady

ColonelJack

Jack Bagley, Ed. D.
Lt. Col., CAP (now inactive)
Gill Robb Wilson Award No. 1366, 29 Nov 1991
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
Honorary Admiral, Navy of the Republic of Molossia

Garibaldi

Since I have the time, there's something that I have been thinking about for a while now. It's called the "court of public opinion."

Basically, I have noticed over the years that the more technologically advanced we get, with the instant news on the internet, 25 hour a day, 8 days a week news coverage, that an individual gets less of a fair trial now than 20, even 10 years ago.

This is exactly the sort of thing that I have been thinking of regarding this thread and others.

This SM(?) has become a victim of his own hubris. Not having the luxury of circumspection for this 5 page, 90 minute long thread, he has gone from innocent to guilty of several charges without the ability to realize the extent of his action and its unexpected, yet wholly expected, outcome in literally 0 seconds flat.

People are often sentenced in the minds of the public long before the actual discovery phase of the trial starts. In this particular case, we have arrested, tried, and executed him in lightning quick form. Right now, he has been vilified in this little community of ours. The bystanders, flooded with "facts", have already written him off as a lost cause, myself included.

This ain't right, to coin a phrase. I am guilty as well of dog-piling and egging the situation on, which is my wont, I suppose.

But it doesn't make it right.

So, back to my original premise. The actions of the individual are so quick to be judged by the rest of us that the accused, for lack of a better term, is backed into a corner so quick that rationality and circumspection can't come into play when attempting to defend himself. Or herself. So, the insults fly, things get said that can't be taken back, especially in a written forum that keeps records for years. In effect, not only have we punished him, he has punished HIMSELF by reacting to us. Too many facts flying around, so much information, that we can't begin to comprehend what it is we are hearing, seeing, reading, so it is a knee-jerk reaction that makes us say "guilty" or "not guilty" without being able to sit back and process.

This is sort of what happened here today. Words flew, anger was had, blood pressure was raised, and in the end, instead of accepting the help he really needed, he turns and fights back out of, what, fear? Insecurity? Anger? Whatever. We judged him without being able to take the time to really figure out what the problem was.

And that is what I really am getting at, mostly. We so often rush to judge, and the internet and its anonymity makes it easy to do so, but it's even easier to forget that these words can be printed, copied, saved, for ammo for a future time.

So, with this in mind, what I said earlier is very true. It's hard to argue with the written word, especially if presented to your leadership as an example. It's happened before, many times, and once this sort of thing is out in the open, your name is pretty much mud. It's not a threat, it's the reality of the situation. Make the wrong person angry, or display the immaturity of a 12 year old, and it's all downhill.

/rant

THRAWN

Quote from: ddbz20 on June 30, 2014, 10:23:10 PM
there is no mark or sting  :)

And you are still talking? Were you born ignorant of your surroundings or was there some training involved? I hope you enjoyed being a Cadet because you are on track to have a very short SM career. Thankfully. That way your semieducated self absorbed attitude will not infect any members under your supervision. I hope you will not approach the rest of your life like this or you will find yourself bouncing from loser job to loser job. Take the advice that you are being given. Shut your mouth, delete your account, turn off the computer and call your CO to apologize. Now.
Strup-"Belligerent....at times...."
AFRCC SMC 10-97
NSS ISC 05-00
USAF SOS 2000
USAF ACSC 2011
US NWC 2016
USMC CSCDEP 2023

Eclipse

To the issue, and away from the specific individual, this is exactly the kind of thing we need to be
teaching our young people, especially cadets, and one of the huge risks and pitfalls of "social" media.

Behavior like this doesn't spring out over night, nor the pushback when corrected, it's more then likely
been tolerated by most of his "peers", which is why there is always such a "what's the big deal?" response here.

As to the court of public opinion, people tend to be who they are, discounting for this actually being a troll attempt.

As they speak and "tell their tale", their attitudes and demeanor tend to come out, framing the
"wrongs" that have been so grievously perpetrated against them by society.  This idea that
if you speak (type) fast enough to not let anyone else get a breath you will "win" rarely  works, but seems pretty common these days
both in person and especially online.

How many times do we get someone who signs up, asks a question and then says "Hm...guess I was wrong.  Will correct and move on."
vs. "Can u due ths?"  And when the answer is "Yes." the response is U knt tell me whut 2 do, this is unficshal, chill man."

"That Others May Zoom"

FW

When I was a child, my friends and I used to have a circular argument going like; "I know you are, but what am I?"  I think we were 4 or 5 years old at the time.  Somehow, this thread reminds me of those days long ago...

In any event, I have a strong feeling this young SM has been "outed", and will soon understand what "core values", and CAPR 110-1 violations are all about.  Now I must find another packet of popcorn to microwave. ::)

Garibaldi

I have no more to say on this matter, so I will graciously accept some of that popcorn you're not offering, COL!  >:D

THRAWN

Quote from: Garibaldi on June 30, 2014, 10:53:18 PM
I have no more to say on this matter, so I will graciously accept some of that popcorn you're not offering, COL!  >:D

Dr Pepper is on ice...
Strup-"Belligerent....at times...."
AFRCC SMC 10-97
NSS ISC 05-00
USAF SOS 2000
USAF ACSC 2011
US NWC 2016
USMC CSCDEP 2023

slimshady

i hope you all enjoy your popcorn make sure it has extra butter

Luis R. Ramos

Although I do agree - basically - with the premise stated here, that the OP should practice proper grammar, I also have to state we do have our own equivalent of "texting abbreviation."

WIWAC. OP. C/SSgT. CC. CAPR. CAPM.

Should I continue?

But wait, OP. You see how using caps and lower case helps? By typing all these abbreviations in upper and lower case do help us understand these are special cases.

If we type OP, we and everyone else knows we are referring to the "Original Poster." And not to a word typed by mistake. Or when we type CAPM means we are talking about CAP manuals, and not that we made a typing mistake...
Squadron Safety Officer
Squadron Communication Officer
Squadron Emergency Services Officer

Garibaldi

Quote from: Luis R. Ramos on July 01, 2014, 12:05:57 AM
Although I do agree - basically - with the premise stated here, that the OP should practice proper grammar, I also have to state we do have our own equivalent of "texting abbreviation."

WIWAC. OP. C/SSgT. CC. CAPR. CAPM.

Should I continue?

But wait, OP. You see how using caps and lower case helps? By typing all these abbreviations in upper and lower case do help us understand these are special cases.

If we type OP, we and everyone else knows we are referring to the "Original Poster." And not to a word typed by mistake. Or when we type CAPM means we are talking about CAP manuals, and not that we made a typing mistake...

Those are all commonly accepted abbreviations, agreed to here and by the universe at large. Text abbreviations should be kept to the venue of them new fangled cellularized telephones.