Contacting National Headquarters

Started by slimshady, June 30, 2014, 07:02:38 PM

spaatzmom

One very important thing you are missing here is the knowledge that a large number of CAP Talk members are serving at higher echelons of CAP from NHQ all the way down to wing and even your local level.  And guess what, they talk among themselves.  So, when you try to do something in CAP from say encampment staff to a NSCA event notes are compared before decisions are made.  Just letting you know.

slimshady

i never called anyone at cap i emailed them.

slimshady

spaatzmom

No, not at all.  Others have presented themselves as you are presently doing and they did not have smooth sailing within the organization until light dawned over their pointed heads, and modified their approach.  Just being informative.

Tim Medeiros

Quote from: cdbz26 on June 30, 2014, 08:08:47 PM
is that some kind of threat ?
Who are you asking?  Many people have replied to you, it would be nice to know who you are addressing.

If you are addressing spaatzmom with that question, no, it was not a threat, was simply a statement.  A statement from a seasoned member of this forum, as well as a known entity among many wing staff members in FL.
TIMOTHY R. MEDEIROS, Lt Col, CAP
Chair, National IT Functional User Group
1577/2811

slimshady

i am sailing just fine i am well accomplished for my short time i simply have a misunderstanding with my commander it isnt symptomatic of a larger problem.   

slimshady

i dont appreciate being talked down to and i will make it as far as i want to in cap despite any interference from others,  i am not worried about it. i already have very good friends in very high places   ;D 

Eclipse

I am personally shocked, that someone who publicly exhibits your level of communication skills and maturity
was initially assisted by, but ultimately directed to no longer contact, people at NHQ.

Good luck in your future endeavors.

"That Others May Zoom"

Angus

I have to jump on the punctuation band wagon here.  If you don't use the proper punctuation it has the potential to make you're statement unclear. 

Example:

"Let's eat Grandpa"
"Let's eat, Grandpa"

Unless you're in the Lector family the second one states the intended meaning much more clearly.

Also I have I to agree with the statements that you should have worked with your Chain-of-Command a little more.  Ok if the personnel at your unit are having issues and you and they need help go to the next echelon for help.  But from the mess you've stated it sounds like you went to Local Unit and Group after that you completely skipped Wing and even Region Guidance.
Maj. Richard J. Walsh, Jr.
Director Education & Training MAWG 
 Gill Robb Wilson #4030

jeders

Quote from: cdbz26 on June 30, 2014, 07:50:44 PM
[incomprehensible gibberish] its illogical to take a course of action that would hinder my results possibly indefinitely at the rate i was going.

Unless you've got pointed ears and green blood, I suggest you drop that argument. But, it's ironic that you would say it's illogical to take a course of action that could hinder your (progress) indefinitely, because that's what you're doing by ignoring the help that some of the more seasoned posters here are trying to give you.

Also, you say you are a SM, but you are still acting like a young Cadet.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

spaatzmom

Quote from: cdbz26 on June 30, 2014, 08:17:12 PM
i dont appreciate being talked down to and i will make it as far as i want to in cap despite any interference from others,  i am not worried about it. i already have very good friends in very high places   ;D

Okaaaaay, if you say so, but personally I'm not really buying it.  Good luck in your life's endeavors both in and out of CAP. ::)

ColonelJack

Quote from: cdbz26 on June 30, 2014, 07:52:35 PM
i dont know anyone who cant read something because its missing a few commas or colons im not writing a book or news article if i didnt care i wouldn't be in cap or on this site.

It's not a matter of being unable to read something, it's a matter of being able to make sense of it.

For example, consider the following sentence:

"Let's eat grandma."

Unless you actually intend to dine upon your own grandmother, perhaps you mean to say this:

"Let's eat, grandma."

There you go.  One freebie on me.

Take the word of everybody who will tell you this:  Punctuation and grammar IS important.

Jack
Jack Bagley, Ed. D.
Lt. Col., CAP (now inactive)
Gill Robb Wilson Award No. 1366, 29 Nov 1991
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
Honorary Admiral, Navy of the Republic of Molossia

The CyBorg is destroyed

You also come across with rather a smart-Alec attitude.

I can be difficult at times - I admit that - but I also know that you draw more flies with honey than you do with vinegar.

One thing I learned from both the AF and CAP is that if you come on like a hardcase, you'll eventually cross paths with someone who is even more of a hardcase and can make your life very difficult because they have more stripes/brass than you do.

Do you realise that ALL communications between CAP members - written, e-mail, or text message - are considered official CAP correspondence?  Check with your unit's Administrative Officer (I was one for many, many years) and review the guidelines in the Air Force's "Tongue And Quill."

On the very few occasions I have communicated with NHQ I have done it according to required formats, and I have tried to get across to every other CAP member I know.  It's mostly cadets I have had problems with, from the younger generation's horrid "txt msg abrv" thing.  I don't do that even when I text message.

Right now you need to, first of all, cool off.  Then you need to talk to your Personnel Officer and Unit CC about how to go about this, while building up goodwill for yourself.
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

ColonelJack

Dang, Angus, you put yours up there while I was writing mine.

Still, the lesson is a good one.

Jack
Jack Bagley, Ed. D.

The CyBorg is destroyed

Also, as a Testing Officer, I have told cadets that on matters of things written, yes, I DO look for proper punctuation, etc.
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

ColonelJack

Quote from: cdbz26 on June 30, 2014, 08:06:31 PM
i have yet to be given any grammar test in cap if i receive one i will pass with flying colors i use punctuation when needed and im perceived very well by those around me which include several colonels, im doing very well in cap ive accomplished more in months then most in my unit have in years.

You're writing something.  Therefore, punctuation is needed.

Jeez, kids today ...

Jack
Jack Bagley, Ed. D.

The CyBorg is destroyed

Quote from: ColonelJack on June 30, 2014, 08:39:17 PM
Quote from: cdbz26 on June 30, 2014, 08:06:31 PM
i have yet to be given any grammar test in cap if i receive one i will pass with flying colors i use punctuation when needed and im perceived very well by those around me which include several colonels, im doing very well in cap ive accomplished more in months then most in my unit have in years.

You're writing something.  Therefore, punctuation is needed.

Jeez, kids today ...

Jack

Sir, don't you mean "yr rting smthg & punct isnt ndd?" ;)
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

Angus

Quote from: ColonelJack on June 30, 2014, 08:36:15 PM
Dang, Angus, you put yours up there while I was writing mine.

Still, the lesson is a good one.

Jack

Jack I do like we both went with the same example just with the interchangeable grandparent.  There were a few others I could have used but I like the use of the grandparents it makes the example mean more.
Maj. Richard J. Walsh, Jr.
Director Education & Training MAWG 
 Gill Robb Wilson #4030

JeffDG

Alaric

With that attitude you will go as far as you want until you need approval by your chain of command (for instance attending any event)