CPPT Refresher Training

Started by Grumpy, May 19, 2014, 06:10:36 PM

Grumpy

The new CAPR 52-10 (18 Apr 14) Cadet Protection Policy, calls for refresher training every 48 months.  It also indicates those of us who have taken an earlier edition have until 31 Mar 15 to complete this training.  I don't seem to be able to find any training info that correlates to the new reg.  A couple of questions:

1.  What study material do we use?
2.  Do we start to train on the existing material and take the on-line test right away or wait until something new is published?
3.  If we complete it right away will the new date post in eServices so we get credit for it? 

I've tried to get into the training and have been blocked out because I've already complete it.  Is this a case of putting the cart before the horse?

Eclipse

Waived until 1 Oct as the training does not yet exist.

3-3. Cadet Protection Advanced Course. This course prepares commanders and key staff
members to take a leadership role in the screening process of potential members and resolving
cadet protection policy matters. Completion of the basic course is a prerequisite to enrolling in
this advanced course. Members obligated to complete this course must refresh their training
every 48 months.

a. Required Participants. Members must complete Cadet Protection Advanced Course
before being assigned to the following positions: commanders, deputy commanders, vice
commander (group or higher), chief of staff (wing or higher), director of cadet programs (group
or higher), and inspector general. Further, encampment commanders, commandants of cadets,
and NCSA directors and deputies are also required to complete the course. (Note: This
requirement is waived until 1 October 2014 pending completion of the new Cadet Protection
Advanced Course.)

"That Others May Zoom"

dwb

The new training materials will be released this summer. They're targeting Jul-Aug. Stay tuned.