Main Menu

Configuring a kneeboard

Started by Walkman, January 25, 2014, 09:23:53 PM

Walkman

I just got my first kneeboard from Sporty's. I'm MS qual'd, but haven't flown a ton, so I consider myself pretty green still. Planning on attending NESA MAS this summer.

For MS duties, what's some good stuff to pack in this thing? Aside from pens/pencils and stuff like that?

This is the one I got:

lordmonar

I just load mine up with a lot of blank paper.

The NESA site has some products (photo lots, search patterns, radio logs) that print up at 5 1/2 by 8 that are okay....I've used them but I find just a blank paper works just as well.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

Pylon

When I flew for MO duties (It's been a long time since my certs expired, so I'm trying hard to remember...) I usually had:

• Electronic E-6B
  • Aero chart plotter/ruler
  • Weather briefing sticky pad (handy for jotting down the METAR info)
  • Mechanical pencils, a pen or two.
  • My own copy of the local aeronautical chart or charts (don't count on being able to borrow the PIC's; handy for reference or for discussing routes or landmarks or whatever. For casual purposes (it's not for navigation purposes) you can use an outdated one; many pilots throw these away when they get their new charts).
  • [size=78%]A notepad[/size]
[size=78%]There were probably other things, but that's what I can think of right now.  Maybe not all of these are as applicable to MO as MS, but I imagine there's some universal utility in some of these items.

Edited to fix some crazy formatting tags that went awry.[/size]
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

Walkman

I found an E6-B app for my iPhone. Haven't used it yet for anything, so I can't report on how it works, but for MS, its not as critical.

I need to get one of those plotters.