Cadet Staff Handbook

Started by Pulsar, December 19, 2013, 06:51:51 PM

Eclipse

Who is likely making a lame excuse, but
also has parents, friends, a commander and staff
who can help.

"That Others May Zoom"

abdsp51

I have been thinking about this some since it was first posted and have reread it numerous times.  And this is just my opinion and thoughts.

Pulsar it is admirable for you to want to provide the documents to the NCOs in your unit, but as NCOs they should know where to find it and how to obtain it.  As as NCO even a cadet NCO they should know how to fish within the program and be teaching the cadet airmen how to fish. 

In this day of age where kids are reliant on technology and can figure out most issues easily with it can't figure out how to open a .PDF file I don't find plausible.  Sounds like your NCOs want a handout and want you to do the work for them.  MAKE THEM WORK, to find the solution and correct it. 

You will be better off and so will they.  You can download the guide and print it for them or better yet have them do it.  Simply because NHQ has changed what books they will send out now does not mean that those who are in those grades are entitled to have them sent to them. 

MSG Mac

I just checked E services and the Cadet Staff Handbook  is not listed on the Materials Request form, and if I recall correctly, when it was the maximum order was  3. I would suggest units produce CD's for their new members containing all the pubs and unit specific information. Puts the onus of printing on the member, cost about 20 cents per disk, saves a fortune in printing, and can be updated as needed.
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member

Eclipse

Quote from: MSG Mac on December 29, 2013, 08:41:48 PM
I just checked E services and the Cadet Staff Handbook  is not listed on the Materials Request form, and if I recall correctly, when it was the maximum order was  3. I would suggest units produce CD's for their new members containing all the pubs and unit specific information. Puts the onus of printing on the member, cost about 20 cents per disk, saves a fortune in printing, and can be updated as needed.

Why not simply a link to the pubs website?

Replicating things locally almost guarantees members will use outdated versions.  If they can read a CD, they can get to pubs.

"That Others May Zoom"