Speaking of no bueno...

Started by NIN, November 28, 2013, 09:13:58 PM

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

MSG Mac

Quote from: jayleswo on November 30, 2013, 10:20:31 PM
Quote from: PHall on November 30, 2013, 09:57:22 PM
The CAWG Supplement to CAPM 39-1 has NEVER had anything about the wing patch being required.
<snip>

Actually, not true. The CAWG Supplement dated 1 APR 2006, and signed by Col Virginia Nelson did specifically state in Fig 6-14 (added) which uniforms the CAWG patch was required on. "The patch will be worn on the optional Ground Team uniform, BDU, Field Uniform, CAP Utility Uniform and all flight suits." I can PM you the pdf if you like. My point was, since the current supplement does not contain that verbiage, one might incorrectly infer that it is not required. I don't think that is the case, but would be good to clarify that by revising the supplement if it is.

A new update supersedes the previous supplement, if the later one doesn't contain the verbiage about wearing the Wing Patch on BDUs then the requirement no longer exists.
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member

NIN

My wing does not say one way or the other. However, tribal knowledge says that we do. Since I just stitched on a wing patch...
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

The CyBorg is destroyed

Quote from: a2capt on December 03, 2013, 06:23:21 PM
Nah..
CHRC isn't the Generalissimo's Merry Men.

CHRC is a "Minutemen" like vigilante acting bunch that wants to deal with illegals in the southwest, themselves.

With Spur putting all these sections for various groups in there, it's certainly cheapening their own image.

And, according to their insignia mockups, they had CADETS.

Scary to think what those young people were being taught.
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

TexasCadet

Quote from: a2capt on December 03, 2013, 06:23:21 PM
Nah..
CHRC isn't the Generalissimo's Merry Men.

CHRC is a "Minutemen" like vigilante acting bunch that wants to deal with illegals in the southwest, themselves.

With Spur putting all these sections for various groups in there, it's certainly cheapening their own image.

Speaking of Spur, check this stuff out. http://www.1800nametape.com/safety.htm Go down a little ways. Forget safety vests, we need reflective name tapes! >:D

Eclipse

That stuff seems like a great idea, until you see that it wrecks every photo that uses a flash.

We had a unit up this way that did their patch in retro-reflective thread.  In addition to making them about $9 each,
you can't find one of their people from that era without a piece of the sun shooting off of their patch.

"That Others May Zoom"

TexasCadet

But it's in the name of SAFETY. ;D

Panache

Why, just wearing your uniform to your weekly meeting would keep your safety currency up to date!

gruntmp

Those name tapes will be just the thing when CAP adopts the surplus FR Multicams!!!  >:D

Garibaldi

Still a major after all these years.
ES dude, leadership ossifer, publik affaires
Opinionated and wrong 99% of the time about all things

LSThiker

Makes me miss The Hock Shop.  I still have my Master GTM from the Hock sewn on.  Has any one ever tried their own embroidering with any success?

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: LSThiker on December 10, 2013, 04:39:17 AM
Makes me miss The Hock Shop.  I still have my Master GTM from the Hock sewn on.  Has any one ever tried their own embroidering with any success?

I still see Hock stuff too. Anytime someone has a wing patch on, if it's yellow instead of Orange, I know where they got it.

arajca

Quote from: LSThiker on December 10, 2013, 04:39:17 AM
I've got a file for my master PDO I put on my golf shirt. I haven't had one made for any of the badges.