Main Menu

Goretex Insignia

Started by afgeo4, March 26, 2007, 05:50:26 PM

Pylon

Quote from: jimmydeanno on July 31, 2007, 12:36:53 PM
No offense to any of you, but both examples in the pictures look horribly amateur.  It looks like they took a separate cloth C.A.P and Grade Insignia and stitched them to a blank piece of ultramarine.  Why didn't they take the blank piece of ultramarine and embroider the insignia directly onto it, then sew up the back?

It's exactly what was done.  No offense taken, but a piece of duck cloth at $0.85, and two cutouts left around in my supply box, plus about $5 in seamstress labor was a cheaper and quicker approach than finding a professional embroidery shop to set-up my own embroidery pattern and get a single one cut.

It wasn't supposed to be a permanent option, but it was supposed to hold me over in the almost year (or was it more) from when Goretex was authorized until Vanguard actually rolled out with the first of the order fulfilments.  It's cold up here in the winter, and fast-falling wet snow in the cold is not fun -- people at Maxwell don't always understand that concept.  Goretex was a much better option, and if I was going to wear it, I might as well have worn it in accordance with the regs (or as close an approximation as possible).
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

SafTman

I find it interesting that no one has picked up that Vanguard shows the old maroon rank slides on their photos rather than the grey.

jimmydeanno

^they're not maroon, it's just a crappy photo, they forgot to adjust the whitebalance in their camera before shooting.
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

alamrcn

Quote from: jimmydeanno on July 31, 2007, 11:39:05 PM
^they're not maroon, it's just a crappy photo, they forgot to adjust the whitebalance in their camera before shooting.

Define "amateurish"... see Vanguard website.

Ace Browning, Maj, CAP
History Hoarder
71st Wing, Minnesota

Murph

Just received notice that my rank slides have shipped - I'll post a photo as soon as they arrive.

Murph

JC004

Quote from: Murph on August 09, 2007, 06:57:46 PM
Just received notice that my rank slides have shipped - I'll post a photo as soon as they arrive.

Murph

Shipped?  Don't be silly.

LtCol White

I got the same email for an order placed on 7/30. Said my items were shipped on 8/6. We'll see how long it takes to get here.
LtCol David P. White CAP   
HQ LAWG

Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska

Diplomacy - The ability to tell someone to "Go to hell" and have them look forward to making the trip.

dwb

I placed an order on 7/31, and I'm still in the "Processing" stage.  Last time I ordered from Vanguard, the status changed to "Shipped" after the package had been delivered.  Yeah, nice job with the status updates, Vanguard. ::)

Cecil DP

I am at the National Board meeting in Atlanta and they are selling them there.

Mike M.
Michael P. McEleney
LtCol CAP
MSG  USA Retired
GRW#436 Feb 85

O-Rex

I ordered mine, rank of Major.

Today I got it (among other things) with the rank of Col.

Just so happens NB is today, and a pretty historically important one at that.

Called to correct, they told me to keep it, and they'll send another one.

Could this be an omen?

Dunno: where's a magic 8-ball when you need one?

Anyway, at least now they have them.....

On another note, went by an AFB MCSS today (had some business in the area, don't get out there much.)

If you are an Airman looking for BDU's, unless you are a small/extra short, or need a 6 7/8 Cap, you are S.O.L!

Hawk200

Quote from: O-Rex on August 09, 2007, 09:07:08 PM
On another note, went by an AFB MCSS today (had some business in the area, don't get out there much.)

If you are an Airman looking for BDU's, unless you are a small/extra short, or need a 6 7/8 Cap, you are S.O.L!

Noted that at Shaw, last week. Looks like all that "Will be available in all Air Force MC stores August 1st!" guarantee took a bit of a bruising.

dwb

I received my Gore-Tex insignia today.

It's a little big for the size of the tab, but they look really sharp.  The embroidery looks nice.