Main Menu

Goretex Insignia

Started by afgeo4, March 26, 2007, 05:50:26 PM

Stonewall

Here is a picture of a current CAP tape on a set of small BDUs (my wife's).  I say there is enough space for about one more letter, M A Y B E.

Here is a picture of the BDUs I sewed up yesterday with the current CAP tape.  Maybe one or two more letters, but not enough space to add "U. S.".
Serving since 1987.

JC004

Quote from: Stonewall on April 07, 2007, 01:38:29 AM
Here is a picture of a current CAP tape on a set of small BDUs (my wife's).  I say there is enough space for about one more letter, M A Y B E.

I guess some squishing is in order on the part of Vanguard.  To make it worse, I'm guessing you don't wear XS-XS BDU.   :-\  Sorry little airmen, but you're SOL.

MIKE

That's it UK... I'm mailing my stuff to you for sewing from now on.

Do you do ODUs too, or just BDUs?  :)
Mike Johnston

Stonewall

Quote from: JC004 on April 07, 2007, 01:44:03 AM
Quote from: Stonewall on April 07, 2007, 01:38:29 AM

I guess some squishing is in order on the part of Vanguard.  To make it worse, I'm guessing you don't wear XS-XS BDU.   :-\  Sorry little airmen, but you're SOL.

Sorry, no, I wear Large, you know for the massive pecs and all... ;-)
Serving since 1987.

Stonewall

Quote from: MIKE on April 07, 2007, 01:44:25 AM
That's it UK... I'm mailing my stuff to you for sewing from now on.

Do you do ODUs too, or just BDUs?  :)

ODUs?
Serving since 1987.

MIKE

Quote from: Stonewall on April 07, 2007, 01:47:13 AM
ODUs?

Operational Dress Uniform... The new Coast Guard working uniform.  They are kinda like blue BDUs.
Mike Johnston

Stonewall

Just curious.  Um, no, I actually hate sewing but even worse, I hate when people don't sew my uniforms properly.

When I joined CAP in 1987 and went home with my fatigues for my mom to sew on my patches she told me it'll be the first and last time.  Next semester I signed up for home economics.  I've been sewing my own uniforms ever since.
Serving since 1987.

LtCol White

Our new Wing CC has asked that we all change our BDU's over. We rec'd the strips this week. They've sized the fonts down and it fits fine on the BDU's as you can see in the pic here.

[attachment deleted by admin]
LtCol David P. White CAP   
HQ LAWG

Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska

Diplomacy - The ability to tell someone to "Go to hell" and have them look forward to making the trip.

Stonewall

What size BDU top is that?  I just compared my Large to my wife's Small and there's about a 1/2" difference in the width of the pocket.
Serving since 1987.

LtCol White

LtCol David P. White CAP   
HQ LAWG

Diplomacy - The ability to tell someone to "Go to hell" and have them look forward to making the trip.

Stonewall

Does anyone have an image of the Goretex rank sleeve thing?  I'm gonna work on sewing one up.

PS:  Remember the good old days....

Serving since 1987.

LtCol White

I still my set of OD jungles as well as my pickle suit. LOL....

I havent seen the gortex tab but it is supposed to look just like the USAF rank tabs with CAP above the grade. Of course its in ultramarine blue with appropriate white/gold rank
LtCol David P. White CAP   
HQ LAWG

JC004

Quote from: Stonewall on April 07, 2007, 02:55:39 AM
Does anyone have an image of the Goretex rank sleeve thing?  I'm gonna work on sewing one up.

I wish I had.  Let me know if you get a hold of one. 

You gonna be updating that uniform with U.S. Civil Air Patrol tapes?!  And your cloth cutout is sooo out of date.  Sheesh!   ;D

LtCol White

Remember these old days??? Who says evolution is a good thing??  >:D

LtCol David P. White CAP   
HQ LAWG

Stonewall

I was a still a cadet when we had the blue epaulets, but I did wear the maroon ones.  Now that was ugly.

My first set of fatigues were surplus ones that were modified (before I got them) to be short sleeve.

To be quite honest, I think we should get rid of the BBDUs and BDUs and go solely with the straight pocket jungle fatigues.  It would be one "field uniform" for all members to wear, regardless of weight and grooming standards.  Thats just my opinion though.
Serving since 1987.

JC004

Quote from: LtCol White on April 07, 2007, 03:09:34 AM

On the bright side, you evolved from gold to silver (generally a bad thing in most cases, but works well in this case).  On the negative side, you're gonna make people cry looking at the old blue ones.

LtCol White

Quote from: JC004 on April 07, 2007, 03:14:26 AM
Quote from: LtCol White on April 07, 2007, 03:09:34 AM

On the bright side, you evolved from gold to silver (generally a bad thing in most cases, but works well in this case).  On the negative side, you're gonna make people cry looking at the old blue ones.

I know. Ah the good old days.... When we were in the transition period, I bought blue all the way to LtCol so that in the hopes we returned in the future to them, I'd be ready to go! Also have 4 sets each of Capt and Maj stored away for my folks.

;D
LtCol David P. White CAP   
HQ LAWG

Stonewall

Did a google search and found this, but this one is a computer generated version.  I'll work on one tomorrow with my mad sewing skills and see what I can come up with.

Serving since 1987.

JC004

Quote from: Stonewall on April 07, 2007, 03:36:37 AM
Did a google search and found this, but this one is a computer generated version.  I'll work on one tomorrow with my mad sewing skills and see what I can come up with.

You mean "Look I Can Use MS Paint" version?  (ok, kidding, this is better than some NHQ-generated uniform fix-ups).  Well, you can start mass-producing them and we can tell Vanguard "No thanks, we have them under control.  But thanks for trying."

Stonewall

Here we go.  It ain't the best because the CAP cutout is old and faded and there are different shades of ultramarine.  If everything was new it'd look a lot better.

Serving since 1987.