CAC Adviser earning the CAC ribbon

Started by Майор Хаткевич, September 09, 2013, 06:43:19 PM

Майор Хаткевич

I saw that our wing had a posting for a SM CAC Adviser.

That got me thinking if they earn the CAC ribbon as a SM or not.

So after checking the reg, and not seeing it, I assumed the answer was no, but was curious why. Sent a message to the knowledgebase, and got an answer in a few hours:

QuoteCan a SM Adviser to a Cadet Advisory Council earn the CAC ribbon?

The latest change in regards to this was to allow former cadets who served on a CAC to wear the ribbon as a SM.

Ribbons such as IACE, NCC (Drill Team and Color Guard), NCSA may be awarded to SMs in certain roles. Does that same spirit extend to the CAC ribbon?

QuoteThe short answer is no, Senior members who are advisors cannot earn the CAC ribbon.

The initial proposal was written to allow Senior Members advisors to wear the ribbon but that proposal was amended by the national staff to only allow former cadets to wear the ribbon when they become senior members.

Interesting that apparently that was in the proposal, but never made it in the final version.

lordmonar

I remember the discussion of such at one of the NB's a couple of years ago.

PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

Flying Pig

Seniors who were on CAC as cadets can still wear their ribbon.  Seniors who are acting as advisors do not rate the CAC ribbon.  Id like to see them be able to earn it.  Lets face it.... the senior advisor is probably the person doing most if the work and has the most reaponsibility.  In my experience as a senior member CAC advisor, I spent most of my time guiding the discussions back towards some form of REALITY!!!!

AlphaSigOU

I earned mine as a cadink many moons ago when dinosaurs roamed the earth. I wouldn't see a problem if the powers-that-be eventually change the regulation one of these days and allow senior member advisors without prior cadet service earn the ribbon (and associated devices - 'not the deodorant string').
Lt Col Charles E. (Chuck) Corway, CAP
Gill Robb Wilson Award (#2901 - 2011)
Amelia Earhart Award (#1257 - 1982) - C/Major (retired)
Billy Mitchell Award (#2375 - 1981)
Administrative/Personnel/Professional Development Officer
Nellis Composite Squadron (PCR-NV-069)
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: Flying Pig on September 09, 2013, 08:45:24 PM
Seniors who were on CAC as cadets can still wear their ribbon.  Seniors who are acting as advisors do not rate the CAC ribbon.  Id like to see them be able to earn it.  Lets face it.... the senior advisor is probably the person doing most if the work and has the most reaponsibility.  In my experience as a senior member CAC advisor, I spent most of my time guiding the discussions back towards some form of REALITY!!!!

My thinking exactly. They do that for the NCC ribbons, the IACE, and NCSAs in certain posts. If anything CAC Adviser should rate CAC ribbon.