Wright Bros

Started by Cessna Man, August 12, 2013, 05:00:26 PM

Cessna Man

Which Chapters form LO21C do I study for the Wright Bros??????????????????
C/CMSgt Capron
Cadet Commander
Primary CAC Representative

a2capt

Comprehensive means "everything until now".

1, 2 and 3. The next comprehensive will be.. you guessed it. All of Phase I and II.

Cessna Man

Would there happen to be a copy of the questions on the test anywhere?
C/CMSgt Capron
Cadet Commander

Eclipse

Quote from: C/SrA Capron on August 19, 2013, 05:18:24 PM

Yes.  On the test.

Anything else would be cheating.

"That Others May Zoom"

Cessna Man

Quote from: Eclipse on August 19, 2013, 05:19:57 PM
Quote from: C/SrA Capron on August 19, 2013, 05:18:24 PM

Yes.  On the test.

Anything else would be cheating.
Ha, I know. Just curious
I have taken it twice and failed though, the reason why is because I was studying the wrong book. My squadron doesn't have the L2L test so I borrowed the LO21 for the test.
C/CMSgt Capron
Cadet Commander

Eclipse

Why aren't you receiving the proper materials?

"That Others May Zoom"

Cessna Man

We don't have a L2L test. I'm not sure why.
C/CMSgt Capron
Cadet Commander

jeders

Then it is the responsibility of your squadron testing officer to order the proper test material from NHQ.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

Cessna Man

Quote from: jeders on August 19, 2013, 05:27:39 PM
Then it is the responsibility of your squadron testing officer to order the proper test material from NHQ.
Nah. I got the material, I'm fine.
C/CMSgt Capron
Cadet Commander

NC Hokie

Quote from: Cessna Man on August 19, 2013, 05:29:45 PM

That might be a good answer for you, but what about everyone that follows you?  As a future NCO, this is something that you should consider.
NC Hokie, Lt Col, CAP

Graduated Squadron Commander
All Around Good Guy

Cessna Man

Would anyone know of a Study Guide for it
C/CMSgt Capron
Cadet Commander

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

Cessna Man

C/CMSgt Capron
Cadet Commander

a2capt

Quote from: Cessna Man on August 19, 2013, 05:18:24 PMWould there happen to be a copy of the questions on the test anywhere?
Just that someone would ask that, let alone in public, is eye opening.

So, if someone handed you the test, what would you do? (outside of the testing time period)

If the questions were available, what would the point be?

Eclipse

Quote from: Cessna Man on August 19, 2013, 05:43:47 PM
Quote from: Eclipse on August 19, 2013, 05:42:22 PM
http://bit.ly/161Ch1B
Thanks for the sarcasm.

I do what I can, and echo the sentiments of a2capt above.

Apparently it's a whole new world of "education" when cadets feel comfortable to publicly simply ask seniors for a copy of a test, most likely
speaks volumes about how school in general is handled these days above a certain grade.

"That Others May Zoom"

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: Cessna Man on August 19, 2013, 05:29:45 PM

No, you are NOT fine.

L21C is NOT the material you need to study, nor is it the test you need to take.

Based on the fact that you already identified your unit, someone no doubt will be getting a call based on two things: Your squadron obviously has some serious issues when it comes to test control, and your ethical standard is no doubt ofputting for just about 99.99% of the CAP membership.

coudano

who would call them?
someone in their chain of command would have to be aware AND in a fit enough to call.

don't you think if the chain of command was already engaged enough to notice this thread and act on it, that squadron wouldn't be lacking the most commonly taken controlled cadet test already?

a2capt

Hint:
Changing your name does not remove links to previous messages, removing a unit charter # from your profile does not make it that much harder to figure it out.

Open Mouth. Insert Keyboard.

The Wright Brothers test is all about comprehension, understanding the topics being covered. It serves as a check point to see that the prior three sections were not just flukes at test time.

Even more important with the open book standard of the tests now, this is absolutely more than just the questions. Some cadets have taken it several times before it clicks. It's not a hard test, it's not an easy test, it's just not like any of the ones you've seen thus far for CAP.

The review questions for the chapters are a definite help. But they are not The Answer.

Even if you could do this one open book, you would find that you would not pass this one in the 30 minutes, no matter how many PDFs you have open, and how fast you think you are with the Find / Search functions.

There you have it.

Considering it's been two and a half years since L2L has been in use mainstream, and at one point last year, NHQ sent out revised materials to a couple units that I know of, and my own. I didn't request new test materials, so I have to figure that they must have done that based on units being cadet or composite, and having cadets actively testing.

a2capt

Quote from: coudano on August 19, 2013, 06:32:49 PMwho would call them?
someone in their chain of command would have to be aware AND in a fit enough to call.
Any number of people. You'd be surprised who actually reads this forum. Stranger things have happened, and many a comments have come back to bite in the butt, and hard at times.

In the end, it's a learning experience all around for everyone involved. If those who flub ultimately become better for it, then the mission could be said to have been accomplished. Albeit in a round about way.

(Hate double post replies, but also hate having the edit tag on a post)

Eclipse

Quote from: coudano on August 19, 2013, 06:32:49 PM
who would call them?

don't you think if the chain of command was already engaged enough to notice this thread and act on it, that squadron wouldn't be lacking the most commonly taken controlled cadet test already?

A quick email to the wing TO is all it would take, however we already know people from CTWG are on here and also lurkers, so it's likely
been self-revealed.  Happens all the time.

"That Others May Zoom"

AACS Cadet21

OK, so, I had question about the Wright Bros test too, I have the L2L books but are the tests L21C now?

arajca

Quote from: AACS Cadet21 on September 22, 2013, 06:44:43 PM
OK, so, I had question about the Wright Bros test too, I have the L2L books but are the tests L21C now?
The L2L curriculum replaced the old L21C curriculum. You should be studying the L2L books.

a2capt

..and units were sent L2L items in 2010, or at the very least, revised materials in 2011.

Storm Chaser

I've seen many cadets fail the Wright Brothers exam on the first try because they "study" the same way they did for Achievements 1, 2 and 3. The Wright Brothers exam requires more comprehension of the material in those first three chapters. Not everything is spelled out; you really have to study and understand the concepts presented in those three chapters. In addition, it helps studying the drill movements and commands learned through the first three Achievements. They can be found in AFI 36-2203.

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: Storm Chaser on September 23, 2013, 03:45:46 PM
I've seen many cadets fail the Wright Brothers exam on the first try because they "study" the same way they did for Achievements 1, 2 and 3. The Wright Brothers exam requires more comprehension of the material in those first three chapters. Not everything is spelled out; you really have to study and understand the concepts presented in those three chapters. In addition, it helps studying the drill movements and commands learned through the first three Achievements. They can be found in AFI 36-2203.

Having graded this test many times (and having read the first 3 chapters), the questions cadet typically miss are because they missed the concepts in those chapters. We're not talking about "A and C are very close together, and I'm not sure which one is more right", we're talking about concepts that are quite clear, but Ctrl+F isn't available with a testing officer on a paper test.

luv2fly97

The best way to prepare for the test is to set out about an hour a day every week, and study chapter 1 the first day, chapter 2 the second day,and chapter 3 the next day, and keep rotating until you take the test. study like that for 2 weeks and you should do pretty good. When you take the test be confident you know it and don't freak out during the test or before it. Relax and do not change any answers when you finish the test unless you KNOW FOR SURE that it needs to be changed. I failed 3 times because I kept changing right answers to the wrong answer.

AACS Cadet21

Quote from: arajca on September 22, 2013, 06:55:37 PM
Quote from: AACS Cadet21 on September 22, 2013, 06:44:43 PM
The L2L curriculum replaced the old L21C curriculum. You should be studying the L2L books.

OK! Thanks for the tips guys!