Color Guard Captain and the American Flag

Started by jstobbsvergara13, July 01, 2013, 09:07:28 PM

lordmonar

So....you all are basicly agreeing with me.

The Color Guard commander by the AFMAN is the senior member.

Yes....there are ALWAYS exceptions......I'll be the first to admit that.

Either way.  The U.S. Flag is the same height as the state/service/CAP flag.  The members of the guard should be arranged by rank, not height, drill skill, uniform crispness, et al.

Anyone who tells you different.....send them to me and I will beat them with the AFMAN and the Army TM until they see the errors of their ways.   8)
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

MHC5096

Years ago...20 years ago to be exact...Plattsburgh AFB fielded an active duty color guard for a local ceremony that consisted of a Second Lieutenant, a Staff Sergeant, a Sergeant and an Airman First Class. While the Lieutenant was carrying the National Colors, the Staff Sergeant was carrying the Air Force Colors and calling the commands.

When I asked the Lieutenant about thier arrangement, he stated that the regular base color guard had a prior obligation and they were getting the job done with what they had. Furthermore, he didn't feel confident giving the commands as he was filling in.

Ironically, our CAP color guard that day consisted of a Cadet Technical Sergeant, a Cadet Airman First Class, a Senior Flight Officer and myself, a Captain. While the SFO and I carried the Colors, we let the C/TSgt call commands from the right rifle guard position.

The Lieutenant and I both had a good laugh.
Mark H. Crary
Lt Col, CAP (1990-Present)
DDC-P, CGAUX (2011-Present)
MSgt, USAF (1995-2011)
QM2, USN (1989-1995)

abdsp51

Quote from: lordmonar on July 02, 2013, 11:03:57 PM
So....you all are basicly agreeing with me.

The Color Guard commander by the AFMAN is the senior member.

Yes....there are ALWAYS exceptions......I'll be the first to admit that.

Either way.  The U.S. Flag is the same height as the state/service/CAP flag.  The members of the guard should be arranged by rank, not height, drill skill, uniform crispness, et al.
Anyone who tells you different.....send them to me and I will beat them with the AFMAN and the Army TM until they see the errors of their ways.   8)

Sir,

In my cadet days, during AFJROTC our color guards for all performances were made up everyone being the same height.  The senior cadet was the CC or it was the one with the most experience.  We used this effectively especially at the drill competition to bring home 1st place 3 years running.  And everything we did was per AFMAN and Army TM. 

lordmonar

???

If they were not arranged by rank...then you were not following the AFI or TM.

abdsp51

Sir if you go back and read the post they were selected by height and placed into their positions via rank.  This was the SOP unless we had someone with no experience involved.

lordmonar

Quote from: abdsp51 on July 15, 2013, 10:12:45 PM
Sir if you go back and read the post they were selected by height and placed into their positions via rank.  This was the SOP unless we had someone with no experience involved.
No...you said "the senior cadet was cc or it was the one with most experience.

abdsp51

Quote from: lordmonar on July 15, 2013, 11:17:42 PM
Quote from: abdsp51 on July 15, 2013, 10:12:45 PM
No...you said "the senior cadet was cc or it was the one with most experience.

Yes sir, I did say senior cadet and by that I meant Senior ranking cadet.  But we had a permanent Color Guard throughout the school year and trained as needed replacements.  The senior ranking  cadet was the CC, followed by AF and then rifles.