kodachrome revisited, with apologies to paul simon

Started by starshippe, May 23, 2013, 03:23:16 PM

starshippe

during our eval, the af noted that pictures taken with other than af provided cameras were not authorized.

i can't contest, and don't really care one way or another about, the af's legal right to make these restrictions, especially if its their mission, and they provide the required equipment.

what does puzzle me is what possible reason anyone could have to make that restriction. i can take a shot with an af provided nikon model x, but a pic from my personal nikon model x is not authorized?

in this case, we had a lot, and i do mean a lot, of pictures to take, and i don't think we had a lot of af provided cameras with which to take them. but i have to admit, i was not at mission base, there may have been additional cameras available.

am i missing something regarding what is not authorized, and what is? if this restriction is in fact in place, does anyone have any idea why?

bill

arajca

Control. There were, from what I've been told, a number of unauthorized releases of photos members used their personal camera to take.

There is also the ownership issue. If you take the pic with your Nikon X, ownership of the image normally belongs to you. If you take with the AF Nikon X, ownership belongs to the AF.

Disclaimer: I'm not a lawyer nor did I stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night.