Main Menu

CAP historian

Started by capmaj, March 24, 2013, 07:42:47 PM

capmaj

Do any of the folks here that have been around for a while know the reason for making the National Historian a full Colonel upon appointment? Just curious, as it's not a command slot and doesn't carry a lot of operational requirements such as National Safety or Chaplain might. This is not meant as a condemnation of the policy.... just curiousity how it came about.

MSG Mac

At one time Chairmen of CAP Committees were appointed Colonels. The current historian is a throwback to that practice. I doubt that Col Blascovich's replacement will get the same deal.
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member

PHall

Quote from: MSG Mac on March 24, 2013, 08:00:51 PM
At one time Chairmen of CAP Committees were appointed Colonels. The current historian is a throwback to that practice. I doubt that Col Blascovich's replacement will get the same deal.

He did get the same deal. Col Charlie Wiest is the National Historian now and has been for a few months.

Private Investigator

Quote from: PHall on March 24, 2013, 08:24:18 PM

He did get the same deal. Col Charlie Wiest is the National Historian now and has been for a few months.

+1

OldGuard

Quote from: PHall on March 24, 2013, 08:24:18 PM

Fact... I spoke with Col Wiest about his new position.
Eaker#000 Earhart #8175 Mitchell#21034