Main Menu

Can cadets get DEMOTED?

Started by cantthinkof1, February 14, 2013, 12:33:12 AM

lordmonar

Quote from: LGM30GMCC on February 18, 2013, 02:44:40 AM
Quote from: lordmonar on February 17, 2013, 07:32:04 AM
And remember.........you don't have to "reearn" the acheivments.  Promotion is solely based on commander's discretion that the individual is progressing to correct their deficincies.

CAPR 52-16 Para 5-14b disagrees with you on that one. "The cadet will need to re-earn the demoted achievements and awards through satisfactory performance over a period of  60 days per achievement or award (For example, a cadet who had been insubordinate would need to show a willingness to follow directions and CAP rules)."

You demote that C/2d Lt to a C/SMSgt and you set them back a minimum of 6 months. No matter how awesome they become in that 6 months, they cannot make up that time in any way. Likely better to initially hold them at C/2d Lt and just not promote them unless they can speed up the process. You actually demote them and they just were horribly trained and now they are being punished even if they are doing great.
When I said "re-earn" them I meand they don't have to re-take their tests and re-do thei CD requirments.   The simply have to progress in fixing their defecincies.  And yes.....it is a probationary period......fix your stuff in 60 days or I can 2b you.

Like I said before........it is not something that I would use right out the door to fix an extream problem squadron or extreme problem cadet.....but it is a tool that should be considered.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP