Main Menu

New CAPR 35-5 Dec 2012

Started by Eclipse, December 27, 2012, 09:46:52 PM

Eclipse

Nothing of real consequence. Administrative changes to align with new governance.

http://members.gocivilairpatrol.com/media/cms/R035_005_489E25C089E93.pdf

"That Others May Zoom"

peter rabbit

Actually, this is something I have never seen - the word used to be "may":   The commander at each echelon will appoint a promotion board to consider all promotion and demotion actions and make recommendations to the promoting authority.

Eclipse

Quote from: peter rabbit on December 29, 2012, 02:19:32 AM
Actually, this is something I have never seen - the word used to be "may":   The commander at each echelon will appoint a promotion board to consider all promotion and demotion actions and make recommendations to the promoting authority.

A commander is free to disregard the recommendations of the promotion board on his whim,
so what they say may, or may not make any difference, not to mention that any commander with common sense is going to
appoint people who aren't going to fight him on things like promotions.

"That Others May Zoom"

PHall

Quote from: Eclipse on December 29, 2012, 03:51:11 AM
Quote from: peter rabbit on December 29, 2012, 02:19:32 AM

A commander is free to disregard the recommendations of the promotion board on his whim,
so what they say may, or may not make any difference, not to mention that any commander with common sense is going to
appoint people who aren't going to fight him on things like promotions.

Yes the Commander can disregard the recommendations of the Board. But I think the intent was to make it harder for a Commander to show favoritism.
You know, that visability thing...