Reruiting Poster for ES Seniors?

Started by jpizzo127, August 27, 2012, 12:10:30 AM

jpizzo127

Anyone know or have some decent recruiting flyers for Seniors for the ES program?

All the ones from national are not....compelling.

Thanks!
JOSEPH PIZZO, Captain, CAP

ol'fido

Unfortunately, I don't know how to make it more compelling. You could say that being in CAP ES is kind of like being a NASA astronaut. How, you say? Well, you train and train and train and them you train some more. You go through endless simulations, power points, meetings, etc. Then once every 5-8 years you get to go play for real.  >:D
Lt. Col. Randy L. Mitchell
Historian, Group 1, IL-006

Stonewall

Serving since 1987.

Garibaldi

CAP ES isn't "sexy" except to those of us in it. I've tried for many years to come up with a good PR video that would show what we do in a way that would appeal to today's teens. I just can't seem to find it. Not even the kids in CAP that I've talked to can figure it out. It's just not as exciting to the layman.
Still a major after all these years.
ES dude, leadership ossifer, publik affaires
Opinionated and wrong 99% of the time about all things

Flying Pig

Show someone HALO jumping into the ocean on NVGs.   By the time they figure out its not for real theyll have so much money tied up in uniforms, gear and SLS courses they wont be able to justify quitting!!

BuckeyeDEJ

If you have ideas or thoughts, please send them to me. I'm interested. Maybe we can make some of those ideas reality.

CAP since 1984: Lt Col; former C/Lt Col; MO, MRO, MS, IO; former sq CC/CD/PA; group, wing, region PA, natl cmte mbr, nat'l staff member.
REAL LIFE: Working journalist in SPG, DTW (News), SRQ, PIT (Trib), 2D1, WVI, W22; editor, desk chief, designer, photog, columnist, reporter, graphics guy, visual editor, but not all at once. Now a communications manager for an international multisport venue.

Critical AOA

Quote from: Flying Pig on August 27, 2012, 01:27:35 AM
Show someone HALO jumping into the ocean on NVGs.   By the time they figure out its not for real theyll have so much money tied up in uniforms, gear and SLS courses they wont be able to justify quitting!!

What?!  That's not for real?!  Dang it!
"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."   - George Bernard Shaw

Flying Pig

See....you were a Captain before you got it >:D

Critical AOA

Yes, and I needed your hint to boot!

Oh well, my HALO days are behind me anyway.   8)

And by HALO, I just mean some civilian and jump club skydiving. I never went to Army jump school, was not in special forces, and did not jump into Pakistan to kill Bin Laden.

Just didn't want someone thinking I was laying claim to something I did not do. 
"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."   - George Bernard Shaw

BuckeyeDEJ

CAP since 1984: Lt Col; former C/Lt Col; MO, MRO, MS, IO; former sq CC/CD/PA; group, wing, region PA, natl cmte mbr, nat'l staff member.
REAL LIFE: Working journalist in SPG, DTW (News), SRQ, PIT (Trib), 2D1, WVI, W22; editor, desk chief, designer, photog, columnist, reporter, graphics guy, visual editor, but not all at once. Now a communications manager for an international multisport venue.

ol'fido

I had a former commander who claimed he made three(3) night jumps in Vietnam with....drum roll please....the UNITED STATES COAST GUARD. :o
Lt. Col. Randy L. Mitchell
Historian, Group 1, IL-006

Flying Pig

Quote from: David Vandenbroeck on August 28, 2012, 09:59:50 PM

And by HALO, I just mean some civilian and jump club skydiving. I never went to Army jump school, was not in special forces, and did not jump into Pakistan to kill Bin Laden.

Hmmm, weird.  I could have sworn that was you next to me when we went off the back ramp of the C130.  Oh, wait, it was that Sheen guy....nevermind. 

Critical AOA

Quote from: ol'fido on August 29, 2012, 02:52:27 AM
I had a former commander who claimed he made three(3) night jumps in Vietnam with....drum roll please....the UNITED STATES COAST GUARD. :o

Obviously a fraud.  Everyone knows that the CG Speical Ops only jumped at night over the Laotian - Cambodian frontier.

Critical AOA

Quote from: Flying Pig on August 29, 2012, 03:23:10 AM
Quote from: David Vandenbroeck on August 28, 2012, 09:59:50 PM

Hmmm, weird.  I could have sworn that was you next to me when we went off the back ramp of the C130.  Oh, wait, it was that Sheen guy....nevermind.

Martin or Charlie? 

SarDragon

Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Garibaldi

Quote from: SarDragon on August 29, 2012, 11:37:09 PM
Neither. Emilio.

Emilio isn't a Sheen. Martin and Charlie changed their name from Estevez for show business but Martin's brother Joe didn't either.

SarDragon

I knew that. Minor point.

They are all still related. Emilio is just a more incognito Sheen.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Private Investigator

Quote from: David Vandenbroeck on August 29, 2012, 10:12:35 PM
Quote from: ol'fido on August 29, 2012, 02:52:27 AM

Obviously a fraud.  Everyone knows that the CG Speical Ops only jumped at night over the Laotian - Cambodian frontier.

Roger that, and the Auxiliary did HAHO jumps from Burma   :clap:

manfredvonrichthofen

If we could get back onto topic with this one that would be awesome!

I only see flying posters for senior members, but never anything for ground operations. Also, a lot of times I hear ground operations thrown out there to prospective members as a cadet activity. We need to understand and keynote it as an important mission of the Civil Air Patrol, otherwise we will see missions occur less and less until it is no longer even one of our missions.

I would love to see a poster not for recruiting seniors, or cadets, but both. One poster to shed light on the importance of ground operations.

A picture that depicts both seniors and cadets dirty and tired yet bearing a face of pride and accomplishment knowing they completed the mission. The caption states "Last year Civil Air Patrol members saved XX number of lives, and XX amount of dollars. During (INSERT DISASTER NAME HERE) more operators Were needed. Will you answer that call next? "

It would be an honest poster, and I'm sure it would grasp at many who did not know there was such a thing that they could contribute their abilities to.

Garibaldi

Quote from: manfredvonrichthofen on August 30, 2012, 12:37:14 PM
If we could get back onto topic with this one that would be awesome!

I only see flying posters for senior members, but never anything for ground operations. Also, a lot of times I hear ground operations thrown out there to prospective members as a cadet activity. We need to understand and keynote it as an important mission of the Civil Air Patrol, otherwise we will see missions occur less and less until it is no longer even one of our missions.

I would love to see a poster not for recruiting seniors, or cadets, but both. One poster to shed light on the importance of ground operations.

A picture that depicts both seniors and cadets dirty and tired yet bearing a face of pride and accomplishment knowing they completed the mission. The caption states "Last year Civil Air Patrol members saved XX number of lives, and XX amount of dollars. During (INSERT DISASTER NAME HERE) more operators Were needed. Will you answer that call next? "

It would be an honest poster, and I'm sure it would grasp at many who did not know there was such a thing that they could contribute their abilities to.

Well, one thing that always gets people is when I tell them that CAP had the only plane flying on 9/11 and the aerial photos of Ground Zero were taken by us. Untold volunteer hours spent in support of Homeland Security and Disaster Relief missions, both local and nationally.

Show pictures of cadets and seniors doing these things.