Senior Members at NCSA

Started by EMTsparxx, June 07, 2012, 06:41:14 AM

EMTsparxx

I know it is too late for this years NCSAs, but I want to go to NBB next year. As a Senior Member how do I find out the requirement to attend? Is there extra requirments? Any information you guys have would be great. Also if any Senior Member have attend and can give me a heads up on what to exspect as a Senior Member please do so. Thanks guys!

Extremepredjudice

I love the moderators here. <3

Hanlon's Razor
Occam's Razor
"Flight make chant; I good leader"

NCRblues

Quote from: EMTsparxx on June 07, 2012, 06:41:14 AM
I know it is too late for this years NCSAs, but I want to go to NBB next year. As a Senior Member how do I find out the requirement to attend? Is there extra requirments? Any information you guys have would be great. Also if any Senior Member have attend and can give me a heads up on what to exspect as a Senior Member please do so. Thanks guys!

It really depends on what job you want to do. NBB is an NCSA and an AF SAR mission (with mission number) combined. So that means that NBB has everything a normal SAR mission would have ( an IC, GBD, GTL's, GT's so forth and so on) and NBB also has an NCSA staff (like Admin, finance, cooks, medical officer, TACs so forth and so on).
In god we trust, all others we run through NCIC

Shotgun

Just an observation - there doesn't seem to be a standard NCSA slotting process for Senior Members. Most of the time the main positions at the various NCSA are filled by the same people every year. The activity director assigns appoints Senior Members who have served in that position in the past or they have worked with at other activities. I've found this to be the case for several NCSAs that I've wished to contribute to.

In the case of NBB it seems that the main SM admin and TAC positions are chosen close to the same time fram as the cadets slotting. If you aren't slotted for at that time don't fret; the activity director puts out a call in mid-May for the many of the support positions (drivers, dining staff, etc.). Simply hold out until then and keep the two weeks open.

If you wish to work on the ES mission side of NBB, you'll need your Ground Branch Director qualification to even be considered.

Shawn W.

I went as a TAC Officer in 2008.. Had a great time and would do it again in a heart beat. Be prepared for long days,17 to some time 18 hour days, for two weeks. Being quilified in ES levels up to GTL is an advantage. Having some FLT line mashaller training woudn't hurt. Trust the Berets that are there.. They are the great source of infomation. You will literally eat, sleep and breath CAP for the two weeks you are there. As I tell anyone who asks, be sure that you really want to do this. All in all though.. it is a great time. Lastly.. have fun..

Good Luck,